Monday Night Football - Washington at Kansas City!

ET80

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Or he gets rolled up on while being tackled and tears his ACL.

Also possible. Good point. 

I just think the risk isn't worth the reward, so I think you cover and go down. But to each their own. I don't have an issue with it from a "class" perspective, just a wisdom one. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Also possible. Good point. 

I just think the risk isn't worth the reward, so I think you cover and go down. But to each their own. I don't have an issue with it from a "class" perspective, just a wisdom one. 

This is my take, basically. I'm generally in the camp of, if you don't want them to score, stop them from scoring. But it's ultimately a bad football decision by Houston. Granted the chances were very slim, given he recovered the fumble at like the 14 yard line, but your job on those desperation lateral plays is to end the game. Same as a hail mary. Anything you do that extends those plays is a risk, however small.

can i just ask why people think it was bad to run it in

sports here it's encouraged to whoop your opponent's sorry rear shelf until they have no such shelf left to whoop; and even when you rest your starters three quarters in to the game you still keep going for the jugular - it is not encouraged to park bus

6 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

sports here it's encouraged to whoop your opponent's sorry rear shelf until they have no such shelf left to whoop; and even when you rest your starters three quarters in to the game you still keep going for the jugular - it is not encouraged to park bus

The same reason why they kneeled it after the touchdown.  Sportsmanship.  If Washington didn't like it, then they should have stopped him, but that doesn't stop it from being poor sportsmanship.  I do totally get the possible connotations for counting stats towards pro bowls, contract escalators, etc.., so that is a bit of a mitigating factor, but in the end simply falling on the ball to secure the win is the right play to make there from a sportsmanship view.  Some people don't believe in it, but some do.

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

If you're at their 14 when you recover a fumble? Sure, might as well go for it. If you're at your 14? Nah, go down. Way too much can go wrong at that point.

6 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Just too many injuries on the D side and stupid penalties to overcome.  But damn it Doctson you got to hold on to that ball.  

As a Baylor follower, I can attest that it is in Doctson's skill set.

Another week, another key starter injured for the Chiefs. They finally started to get some decent OL play, then the meat wagon pulls up.

J

Archived