Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Acgott

Cut Day

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Giants made 3 waiver claims, so 3 more players will be cut

 

Haven't heard of any of these guys. Losing Connelly sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Haven't heard of any of these guys. Losing Connelly sucks. 

Meh, it’s disappointing, but he is still a first year player who played in 4 games coming off an ACL tear. We will see how he does 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make room on the roster, the Giants released wide receiver Corey Coleman and offensive lineman Chade Slade and waived safety Sean Chandler.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players can be put on IR starting at 4PM, so when Mayo and McKinney go on there, it open up 2 more spots. Lots of roster turning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Players can be put on IR starting at 4PM, so when Mayo and McKinney go on there, it open up 2 more spots. Lots of roster turning.

I think Slade and Coleman come back after Mckinney and Mayo are placed on IR. 

Its no coincidence those 2 guys were released when they aren't subject to waivers. CJ Board is obviously below Coleman on the depth chart, so if this cut was going to be permanent, they would have cut him instead. 

Edited by minutemancl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think Slade and Coleman come back after Mckinney and Mayo are placed on IR. 

Its no coincidence those 2 guys were released when they aren't subject to waivers. CJ Board is obviously below Coleman on the depth chart, so if this cut was going to be permanent, they would have cut him instead. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

 

Just saw that. Huh. Surprised Board and this new guy were kept over Coleman. He looked like a lock for the 4th receiver spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a surprise to see Connelly go. I look forward to seeing him as a Viking.

I feel bad for David Sills; he was a tall red zone threat who looked good in camp. Binjimen Victor is still on the PS so maybe he could fill that role instead.

C.J. Board is an enigma who has drifted from one practice squad to another and rarely if ever seen the field. To say I'm surprised to see him in the starting lineup would be an understatement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...