Seahawks release LB Shaquem Griffin

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This is going to go way too underappreciated. 

Real talk though, I think he can be a special teams ace. Not sure about D though. Not having both hands is a huge thing in sports like football. His raw talent was fine for the AAC, but the NFL is a whole different ballgame. 

He clearly has the talent and drive to earn a spot, but I really just can't see him being much more than a ST demon. Unfortunate, too, because if not for the obvious, I think he would actually be really really good.

Agreed.  If he didn't have the disability he'd be a starter on defense somewhere.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Oh I get it! He was born with a physical disability that caused him so much pain that, as a 4-year-old, he tried to cut off his own hand to make it stop! And then, he worked incredibly hard to overcome that disability to get drafted into the ranks of one of the most prestigious athletic organizations in the world! And like, you made some puns about his hand, because it was amputated when he was 4! That’s clever!

He achieves a dream of millions by work and determination, but like you’ve got your thing too, where you make some bad puns on the internet. That’s great! You did a thing! I imagine you’re swelling with pride. This is definitely something to feel good about! Yay for you!

The best post ever on here.  

Back to Shaquem.  Surprising he was not able to hang around more there, especially in Seattle, he can shoot gaps and make plays in the backfield and has speed to cover not to mention on special teams.  But them drafting Brooks where they did clearly says a lot, still not sure he is worth a 1st round pick but will see.  Them also drafting Barton and Burr-Kirven years previous also said a lot as well.  Curious if Atlanta takes a run at him, they need linebackers and like speed at the position, Bills could take a run at him as well possibly.  This little setback will not stop him and he will be on a team again.  

Guess he just signed with the Seahawks practice squad, so at least he still gets a chance to develop, but another team could sign him if they want him on the active roster.  

Edited by Ozzy

Shaqueem reminded me of budgeted Jaylon Smith from a couple years prior. The athletic try hard LB that played some undersized edge work. I don't know if the Cowboys use Smith like he was at ND, but if they do and want a similarish backup for ST play and reserve work Shaquem seems like a decent fit to me if the Seahawks are done.

Don’t turn this place into Twitter... 

Let’s dispel some notions in here.

1. NFL teams will not put players on the field to be nice.
2. NFL teams will not pay players to be nice.
3. Assuming otherwise diminishes Shaquem's accomplishments & makes it seem like he didn't earn it or didn't have the ability. He did. He earned it. He freakin' earned it.

Give the man some respect.

baby hat GIF

• Like 5

I thought for sure that with Seattle's pass rush problems, Shaquem would have a roster spot since he was a solid rotational pass rusher last year for them. I'm really happy he's back on the practice squad. Like someone else said, Seattle is the perfect place for him to be with his brother and family. I hope he continues to improve and gets elevated to the main roster again soon

23 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Don’t turn this place into Twitter... 

Let’s dispel some notions in here.

1. NFL teams will not put players on the field to be nice.
2. NFL teams will not pay players to be nice.
3. Assuming otherwise diminishes Shaquem's accomplishments & makes it seem like he didn't earn it or didn't have the ability. He did. He earned it. He freakin' earned it.

Give the man some respect.

You also don't draft a guy in the 5th just because he's a feel good. 

Anyway, anybody else get the impression he could go into coaching?

Edited by chillparsi1