Wide Receivers cut so far who we could sign

turtle28

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/player-cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-finalize-53-man-rosters-for-2020-season?__twitter_impression=true

Hakeem Butler

Mohamad Sanu

Chester Rogers

Ricardo Louis

Robert Davis

Artavis Scott

Devin Smith

The ones that stand out to me on this list are Hakeem Butler and Chester Rogers. We are fools if we don’t sign Butler IMO - unless he’s not healthy - and Chester Rogers is two years removed from a 53 reception, 485 yd, 2 TD season in 2018.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Right now the best option is Sanu. Sanu is a Vet who can come right in and fill the WR2 role. Butler could be looked as a practice squad add on. He is still young and could add to the team later this season or possibly next year. 

I watched NFL network yesterday and they said the issue with Sanu is that he doesn’t get an separation anymore. They said when you watched the film the last two years the corners would be in his hip pocket the entire route and if he caught a pass he was tackled immediately. On NFL network they said Sanu’s inability to get separation from corners was even a problem for even Tom Brady last year.

So, that seems like it would be a major problem for Haskins as a 2nd year QB.

I think at this point Inman and definitely  Steven Sims are better options. That’s what I could gather. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I watched NFL network yesterday and they said the issue with Sanu is that he doesn’t get an separation anymore. They said when you watched the film the last two years the corners would be in his hip pocket the entire route and if he caught a pass he was tackled immediately. On NFL network they said Sanu’s inability to get separation from corners was even a problem for even Tom Brady last year.

So, that seems like it would be a major problem for Haskins as a 2nd year QB.

I think at this point Inman and definitely  Steven Sims are better options. That’s what I could gather. 

Separation isn't more important than Catching the ball. That's Football #Facts.  Sanu can still catch the ball and be a reliable WR for the QB. 

You've been proving wrong many times with your theory of how Football Games are won. Having no reliable option for your QB but a Second Year Mclaruin and still expect the offense to put up points is something I nor many NFL professionals would agree is Winning Super Bowl oriented. 

So for now on I'll just state my opinion and agree to disagree so I don't get banned.

You can have all the Hope in the World but that doesn't win games. You hope for Davis, Peterson, Quinn, and many many many others has proving You don't have the same Knowledge or Opinions as those who actually make the rosters.

I on the other hand try to Think like the Professionals. Not like a Fan falling in Love with guys Potential just because they play for the team I cheer for. 

Iman nor Sims Jr will be 1000 yards #Guaranteed 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Separation isn't more important than Catching the ball. That's Football #Facts.  Sanu can still catch the ball and be a reliable WR for the QB. 

You've been proving wrong many times with your theory of how Football Games are won. Having no reliable option for your QB but a Second Year Mclaruin and still expect the offense to put up points is something I nor many NFL professionals would agree is Winning Super Bowl oriented. 

So for now on I'll just state my opinion and agree to disagree so I don't get banned.

You can have all the Hope in the World but that doesn't win games. You hope for Davis, Peterson, Quinn, and many many many others has proving You don't have the same Knowledge or Opinions as those who actually make the rosters.

I on the other hand try to Think like the Professionals. Not like a Fan falling in Love with guys Potential just because they play for the team I cheer for. 

Iman nor Sims Jr will be 1000 yards #Guaranteed 

This isn’t my opinion, this is the opinion of experts on NFL Network and what they said the tape shows. It’s also why Atlanta traded him last year and New England cut him. New England now looks stupid for trading a 2nd round pick for him. That turned out to be an awful decision by Belicheck. 

So, that’s what the experts are saying when they’re watching him on film.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

This isn’t my opinion, this is the opinion of experts on NFL Network and what they said the tape shows. It’s also why Atlanta traded him last year and New England cut him. New England looks striped for trading a 2nd round pick for him. That turned out to be an awful decision by Belicheck. 

So, that’s what the experts are saying when they’re watching him on film.

Those Experts didn't say he couldn't provide help to a offense in need of a WR2 as your trying to say. Those Experts didn't say Sanu wouldn't be a good option to add here in Washington. You said that, not them. 

Speaking of not being able to get to 1,000 yards in a season. Mohamed Sanu has been in the NFL for 9 seasons and has never gotten 900 yards Receiving in a season, and never more than 5 TDs. He’s been a lot of hype for his entire career but he’s never been much better than average.

We should claim Hakeem Butler off waivers and coach him up over the next few weeks. Week 1 our top 3 WRs are going to be Terry, Inman and Sims.

WR1: Terry, AGG

WR2: Inman, Hakeem Butler

Slot: Sims, Isaiah Wright

If we add Butler it gives us some more top talent to develop over this year for our future. Maybe by mid season he’s showing enough to where he could be starting opposite Terry and be our #2.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Those Experts didn't say he couldn't provide help to a offense in need of a WR2 as your trying to say. Those Experts didn't say Sanu wouldn't be a good option to add here in Washington. You said that, not them. 

No, I let you know that the experts on NFL network said.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, I let you know that the experts on NFL network said.

So with the roster so far, it's still Haskins job Alone to get this offense to score with no Guice, Peterson, proven TE, proven RB, proven WR2, proven LT? 

That's your Football Philosophy? 

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So with the roster so far, it's still Haskins job Alone to get this offense to score with no Guice, Peterson, proven TE, proven RB, proven WR2, proven LT? 

That's your Football Philosophy? 

Let’s just focus on the WR position and who’s been cut/who’s available for us to sign. I’d rather not make every thread about everything else going on. 

I’m not getting into a poop 💩  throwing contest with you, which you want to start in every thread with every poster that ever disagrees with you and oddly enough, also sometimes when posters are agreeing with you.

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Let’s just focus on the WR position and who’s been cut/who’s available for us to sign. I’d rather not make every thread about everything else going on. 

I’m not getting into a poop 💩  throwing contest with you, which you want to start in every thread with every poster that ever disagrees with you and oddly enough, also sometimes when posters are agreeing with you.

You can't stake your Football Philosophy.

Having no WR2 effects the offense and the QB. So yes any thread about the offense effects the QB. Having only 1 WR witch happens to be a guy going into 2nd year is dumb Football Philosophy.

That's what the Washington Football Team have yet you will still sit here and write about Potential instead of Facts. Facts are this offense has no Proven Weapons to score the ball with. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

You can't stake your Football Philosophy.

Having no WR2 effects the offense and the QB. So yes any thread about the offense effects the QB. Having only 1 WR witch happens to be a guy going into 2nd year is dumb Football Philosophy.

That's what the Washington Football Team have yet you will still sit here and write about Potential instead of Facts. Facts are this offense has no Proven Weapons to score the ball with. 

Washington’s #2 WR is Steven Sims, even if he plays almost every snap in the slot.

In 2017 the Redskins #1 receiver was Jordan Reed even though he was a Slot receiver/TE & the #2 receiver was Crowder even though he was our slot WR. Kirk threw for 4093 yards & 27 TDs that season despite not having a good #1 & 2 option on the outside. It’d be awesome if Haskins could approach anything close to that.

I think Sims is going to have a big year. I think Sims is going to be for us this year what Curtis Samuel was for the Panthers & Turner last year. 

• Curtis Samuel 2019 stars: 54 recs, 627 yds & 6 TDs

Last year Cam Sims only started 2 games and didn’t get his real shot to be the slot WR until week 12 vs the Panthers.

In his final 5 games Sims had 23 recs, 259 yards and 4 TDs

Sims may even be better than what Curtis Samuel was for the Panthers if he has those kind of stats extrapolated out over an entire season.

Sims could very well have 70 recs for 800 yards & 6 TDs or more.

Edited by turtle28