Wide Receivers cut so far who we could sign

turtle28

41 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Great Sims Jr is a WR 2 in your opinion. I guarantee he won't pass 1000 WRs and show I know what a WR2 looks like oppose to you and Rivera. 

Dude, most teams don’t have 2 WRs go over 1,000 yards receiving. Some teams don’t have one receiver go over 1,000 yards on their team. The last time Washington had a receiver go over 1,000 yards was 2016 - two DJax & Garçon. Going over 1000 yards is not something that’s easily done, especially two WRs on the same team.

I don’t know why you’re acting like it’s something that a lot of #2 WRs do bc it’s rarely done.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Separation isn't more important than Catching the ball. That's Football #Facts.  Sanu can still catch the ball and be a reliable WR for the QB. 

You both are right.

While actually catching passes is most important, the ability to separate ranks right up there.  Know why?

As the QB walks up to the line, he sees what he thinks the defense is in. Motion of the offense will help expose the true coverage. based upon what he sees, he can decide if they are in a particular coverage. At that point, based upon the play they are running, the primary look for the QB will change (based upon what he sees).

As the ball snapped the QB is already going through his progressions. He's first going to look at the receiver that should be open (based upon the coverage and the play they are running).

If that player is not open. It means there's no "win" on that route. The QB will then turn it down and look at the next receiver in the progression. And so on...and so on.

All of this takes place in less than 5 seconds (don't have the exact metrics on-hand for average pass from snap to throw so someone can add it later, but this is a good yardstick).

So if your receiver is not winning. If he's not getting separation or you're not playing with a tall WR that is going to jump ball over a short DB, then the QB is looking the other way.

Which means the pass never comes that way.

And in many cases, it means that the play itself fails.

So separation, is vitally important if you are a receiver. Almost as much as actually catching the ball. Because you can't catch a ball that never comes (because you can't separate from the DB and give your QB a good target).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, most teams don’t have 2 WRs go over 1,000 yards receiving. Some teams don’t have one receiver go over 1,000 yards on their team. The last time Washington had a receiver go over 1,000 yards was 2016 - two DJax & Garçon. Going over 1000 yards is not something that’s easily done, especially two WRs on the same team.

I don’t know why you’re acting like it’s something that a lot of #2 WRs do bc it’s rarely done.

Yet you expecting Haskins to do the job. Seems hypocrisy to me. 

19 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You both are right.

While actually catching passes is most important, the ability to separate ranks right up there.  Know why?

As the QB walks up to the line, he sees what he thinks the defense is in. Motion of the offense will help expose the true coverage. based upon what he sees, he can decide if they are in a particular coverage. At that point, based upon the play they are running, the primary look for the QB will change (based upon what he sees).

As the ball snapped the QB is already going through his progressions. He's first going to look at the receiver that should be open (based upon the coverage and the play they are running).

If that player is not open. It means there's no "win" on that route. The QB will then turn it down and look at the next receiver in the progression. And so on...and so on.

All of this takes place in less than 5 seconds (don't have the exact metrics on-hand for average pass from snap to throw so someone can add it later, but this is a good yardstick).

So if your receiver is not winning. If he's not getting separation or you're not playing with a tall WR that is going to jump ball over a short DB, then the QB is looking the other way.

Which means the pass never comes that way.

And in many cases, it means that the play itself fails.

So separation, is vitally important if you are a receiver. Almost as much as actually catching the ball. Because you can't catch a ball that never comes (because you can't separate from the DB and give your QB a good target).

So why didn't the Washington Team sign a guy to do that? Yet Fans are willing to replace Haskiins if he doesn't make a Sims Jr the 1st to do? 

Edited by Skins212689

31 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So why didn't the Washington Team sign a guy to do that? Yet Fans are willing to replace Haskiins if he doesn't make a Sims Jr the 1st to do? 

Perhaps we already have them. I'm not impressed with the list that was posted earlier.

As for the bolded, I've read and re-read that sentence probably 5x now and I am simply not understanding the point you're trying to make. Care to elaborate?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Just claim Hakeem Butler and be done with it. Cut Inman. 

Can’t rely on Butler even if we claim him, he doesn’t know the offense, he’s raw and didn’t play last year bc of a hand injury. Even if we claim Butler I think they’re keeping Inman as their possession WR w/ Terry as the deep threat and Sims in the slot.

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Perhaps we already have them. I'm not impressed with the list that was posted earlier.

As for the bolded, I've read and re-read that sentence probably 5x now and I am simply not understanding the point you're trying to make. Care to elaborate?

If Haskins only has Mclaruin repeat his rookie season how is 15 loses only on Haskins? 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

If Haskins only has Mclaruin repeat his rookie season how is 15 loses only on Haskins? 

There are literally 4-5 other WRs on the roster. There are literally 5 RBs on the roster. And 3 TE.

He doesn't just have Mclaurin to throw to. And if the receivers are not winning on the routes, you won;t see me bashing him.

The only one who is really putting losses, solely, on Haskins is you (when you erect the strawman that everyone is going to blame him if we have 15 losses). 

TBQH - if we have 15 losses and Haskins plays good and improves, he will stay (*). If he plays poorly or just plays okay and doesn't progress, then large parts of our losses will be on him. 

(*) With one caveat. If we end up with the first pick in the draft (or close to it), we will draft Lawrence. That has nothing to do with the job Haskins did or did not do. It has to do with calibre of the QB and his floor vs. ceiling. I view Haskins as a good QB who could be a top-10 QB, eventually if he progresses. I view Lawrence as a QB who is going to be a Top-5 QB in the NFL. In short, it has to do with talent. If we end up with a top pick and Haskins hasnt really made strides as a QB, then our best bet might be to grab Lawrence if we can get him (**)

(**) but here's ALSO the kicker. If he does well enough to show he is a top QB in the league after this year and we still end up with a top 3 pick? Trading out is an option to use (***)

(***) It's all still conjecture though. Why don't we just see how things go over the next 17 weeks, huh?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yes with no other options than a 2nd year WR in Mclaruin. 

I don’t think Haskins is going to suck. He didn’t suck last December and we have better receiving options for Haskins this year then we did last December and presumably Terry & Sims will be improved. Logan Thomas is a better receiver as a TE than Sprinkle so, while we might not still have a good to great TE, I think we do have an upgrade at TE with Thomas as far as receiving goes.

I know you won’t agree and no one wants to hear it, but Inman isn’t that bad of a player. He’s a vet who’s a good route runner. We just need him to be a reliable possession WR which he can be. He’s not going to blow the doors off anything but all we need him to do is to be a reliable 3rd WR option after Terry & Sims being the top 2.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Haskins is going to suck. He didn’t suck last December and we have better receiving options for Haskins this year then we did last December and presumably Terry & Sims will be improved. Logan Thomas is a better receiver as a TE than Sprinkle so, while we might not still have a good to great TE, I think we do have an upgrade at TE with Thomas as far as receiving goes.

I know you won’t agree and no one wants to hear it, but Inman isn’t that bad of a player. He’s a vet who’s a good route runner. We just need him to be a reliable possession WR which he can be. He’s not going to blow the doors off anything but all we need him to do is to be a reliable 3rd WR option after Terry & Sims being the top 2.

Just remember that when they are picking top 5 and don't ask for a QB.