Wide Receivers cut so far who we could sign

turtle28

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just remember that when they are picking top 5 and don't ask for a QB. 

I frankly don’t care. Positions can change and do change given the circumstances you are presented with at the time and what changes take place during a season/offseason.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I frankly don’t care. Positions can change and do change given the circumstances you are presented with at the time and what changed take place during a season/offseason.

If you truly believed that you wouldn't just accept Your Favorite Franchise selecting QB's in back to back drafts or 2 out 3's drafts before adding help for him. 

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

There are literally 4-5 other WRs on the roster. There are literally 5 RBs on the roster. And 3 TE.

He doesn't just have Mclaurin to throw to. And if the receivers are not winning on the routes, you won;t see me bashing him.

The only one who is really putting losses, solely, on Haskins is you (when you erect the strawman that everyone is going to blame him if we have 15 losses). 

TBQH - if we have 15 losses and Haskins plays good and improves, he will stay (*). If he plays poorly or just plays okay and doesn't progress, then large parts of our losses will be on him. 

(*) With one caveat. If we end up with the first pick in the draft (or close to it), we will draft Lawrence. That has nothing to do with the job Haskins did or did not do. It has to do with calibre of the QB and his floor vs. ceiling. I view Haskins as a good QB who could be a top-10 QB, eventually if he progresses. I view Lawrence as a QB who is going to be a Top-5 QB in the NFL. In short, it has to do with talent. If we end up with a top pick and Haskins hasnt really made strides as a QB, then our best bet might be to grab Lawrence if we can get him (**)

(**) but here's ALSO the kicker. If he does well enough to show he is a top QB in the league after this year and we still end up with a top 3 pick? Trading out is an option to use (***)

(***) It's all still conjecture though. Why don't we just see how things go over the next 17 weeks, huh?

Those guys aren't Proven. 

Too many fans, especially in this forum fail to see both sides of when something happens. A position, prediction or thought you have in March or April can change and should change by the time September comes around if the circumstances change and young players really step up and show well which makes veterans expendable.

Just bc they got rid of someone we thought was going to be a big part of the team this year or in the future doesn’t mean that it’s definitely a bad thing, on the flip side they could be getting rid of that guy bc a young guy stepped up when we weren’t expecting them too.

I know a lot of people predicted it but Isiah Wright making this team could be a really good sign. He has a lot of upside just like Steve Sims. Sims making the team last year was a shock to everyone and look how he turned out?

Isaiah Wright is that same kind of shock over guys like Cam Sims, but that could be a good thing for our offense a month or two from now. We just don’t know, he may wow us in the ways Sims did. Heck at this point last year we didn’t even know what we had in Terry McLaurin yet! 

We need to see what happens.

@Thaiphoon I would not trade out if we have a top 5 pick next year again. Besides the QBs, there are other prospects like:

• Penei Sewell, LT, Oregon
• Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU

• Micah Paraons, OLB, PSU

• Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

• Alex Leatherwood, LT, Alabama 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So admit your putting the season on the offense more than the defense.

I don’t have a stance on that. It depends on how things go. I usually spread blame around depending what happens during a certain game, what happens on a play or during a season.

Look man, you’re new here. You may think you know how guys in this forum think and what are views are on the team and how we will react during games to how the team is playing and where each poster will lay blame but with all due respect, you really have no clue bc you haven’t been here in this forum discussing this team with these guys on game days and throughout a season the way a lot of us have been since 2007 or 2008.

You are making assumptions and jumping to conclusions that you’re just dead wrong about. And, sadly you’ve been making accusations of people and how they will react when things go bad for months when you really don’t know what you’re talking about bc you’re new and you haven’t even been in the forum during an entire NFL season yet.

I guarantee you it’s not that you expect and you have me pegged 100% wrong.

20 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Those guys aren't Proven. 

Very true. But if Haskins doesn't show much this year and we've got the top pick, the best bet is to take Lawrence and trade Haskins. Because we will also be "projecting" what QB Haskins will be in the following year just like we will be projecting what Lawrence will be. Again, by "not show much", I'm not talking about WRs not winning and no one to throw to. I'm talking about actually not playing well and/or improving.

Think of it this way. 

Player A has a floor (1-10) of 6. And a ceiling of 8.5

Player B has a floor of 7 and a ceiling of 10

Player A has shown flashes but hasn't really progressed past a 7 or 7.25 in two years under center. Do you keep him? Or go with the guy with better talent and intangibles, whose floor is not that much lower than Player A's current level and who has a higher ceiling?

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Thaiphoon I would not trade out if we have a top 5 pick next year again. Besides the QBs, there are other prospects like:

• Penei Sewell, LT, Oregon
• Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU

• Micah Paraons, OLB, PSU

• Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

• Alex Leatherwood, LT, Alabama 

Right. But if we're #2 and miss out on Lawrence, we can trade back a spot or two and pick up a great player and another pick(or picks). Not saying to trade out of Top 5. If we are picking Top 5, then we need to grab the talent there

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So admit your putting the season on the offense more than the defense.

I didn't see anyone say anything like this. The games haven't started yet. If the offense is poo, then I will say it (and I know @turtle28 will too). If the defense is poo? Same thing.

But I will admit that I do expect the defense to carry the team more than the offense right now. Simply because of the talent on that side of the ball and how much the key parts have played together the past 3-5 years.

All that being said ^^^, circumstances may change as the games are played. Maybe the defense rolls over and we have a top 5 offense? Who knows?

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t have a stance on that. It depends on how things go. I usually spread blame around depending what happens during a certain game, what happens on a play or during a season.

Look man, you’re new here. You may think you know how guys in this forum think and what are views are on the team and how we will react during games to how the team is playing and where each poster will lay blame but with all due respect, you really have no clue bc you haven’t been here in this forum discussing this team with these guys on game days and throughout a season the way a lot of us have been since 2007 or 2008.

You are making assumptions and jumping to conclusions that you’re just dead wrong about. And, sadly you’ve been making accusations of people and how they will react when things go bad for months when you really don’t know what you’re talking about bc you’re new and you haven’t even been in the forum during an entire NFL season yet.

I guarantee you it’s not that you expect and you have me pegged 100% wrong.

I don't care how long you been here, your value has no purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I didn't see anyone say anything like this. The games haven't started yet. If the offense is poo, then I will say it (and I know @turtle28 will too). If the defense is poo? Same thing.

But I will admit that I do expect the defense to carry the team more than the offense right now. Simply because of the talent on that side of the ball and how much the key parts have played together the past 3-5 years.

All that being said ^^^, circumstances may change as the games are played. Maybe the defense rolls over and we have a top 5 offense? Who knows?

Agree to Disagree.

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Agree to Disagree.

Which parts are we agreeing to disagree on?

1. That the posters here will call out the offense and/or defense if they play like crap?
  2. That the defense is ahead of the offense in terms of strength?
  3. Or that it's possible we end up with a bad defensive showing and a great offensive showing?

Just want to be clear if you're calling me a liar (for #1)... or if you think the offense is actually ahead of the defense...or if you think that the defense won't play bad and the offense will. 

Not sure what there is to disagree on. So enlighten me. I'm happy to agree to disagree. I just want to know what the disagreement is so I know your position on all three.