Wide Receivers cut so far who we could sign

turtle28

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Which parts are we agreeing to disagree on?

1. That the posters here will call out the offense and/or defense if they play like crap?
  2. That the defense is ahead of the offense in terms of strength?
  3. Or that it's possible we end up with a bad defensive showing and a great offensive showing?

Just want to be clear if you're calling me a liar (for #1)... or if you think the offense is actually ahead of the defense...or if you think that the defense won't play bad and the offense will. 

Not sure what there is to disagree on. So enlighten me. I'm happy to agree to disagree. I just want to know what the disagreement is.

Y'all make the decision I don't wanna get kicked out of the forum.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Y'all make the decision I don't wanna get kicked out of the forum.

I don't understand what the bolded means. I'd like to know what your stance is on my questions (at least #2 and #3)

As for the underlined, as long as you follow the rules (which you've been doing the last few days), you're good. 

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't understand what the bolded means. I'd like to know what your stance is on my questions (at least #2 and #3)

As for the underlined, as long as you follow the rules (which you've been doing the last few days), you're good. 

I stand by you can't rely on this offense to score more than 21 points a game with the weapons at hand. Any lost for that reason doesn't clearly point blame at the QB but yet the Team aka HC or GM for having no weapons to make the offense explosive. 

If you go into the season with that mindset the observation your not coming out with is if in the in 2021 draft and the Team is drafting top 5 it isn't just looking to replace Haskins. Your looking to continue build upon a growing Franchise hopefully lead by Haskins and named the Washington RedWolves in 2021. Not blaming just the QB for the 2020 failures. 

51 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Right. But if we're #2 and miss out on Lawrence, we can trade back a spot or two and pick up a great player and another pick(or picks). Not saying to trade out of Top 5. If we are picking Top 5, then we need to grab the talent there

Very true

57 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't care how long you been here, your value has no purpose. 

It’s impossible to reason with you. So now I have no purpose? Come on dude, how about we be adults and treat everyone with respect. What you’re accusing people of Isn’t true. I’ll back every other poster up against your unfounded accusations. It’s just not true what you’re saying.

What’s sad is you’ve turned a thread about what FA WRs were cut that we could sign to help our passing game into whatever crap we’re talking about now, which I’m not even sure what we’re talking about! Haha  

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s impossible to reason with you. So now I have no purpose? Come on dude, how about we be adults and treat everyone with respect. What you’re accusing people of Isn’t true. I’ll back every other poster up against your unfounded accusations. It’s just not true what you’re saying.

How about you be a adult and admit the truth. This offense on paper sucks with nothing but college proven talent. 

I agree to disagree! 

10 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I stand by you can't rely on this offense to score more than 21 points a game with the weapons at hand. Any lost for that reason doesn't clearly point blame at the QB but yet the Team aka HC or GM for having no weapons to make the offense explosive. 

Okay. Cool... NOW we're getting somewhere! 

21 points isn't nothing. So if you were to tell me that our offense would average 21 ppg, with these weapons we have, in a new offense? I'll take that considering I expect our defense to hold the opponents to under 21 ppg given our talent and strength there.

You also can't point to only PPG and say that above a certain level or below a certain level of PPG means the loss is on the QB. It could be. Or it couldn't be. Just like if a QB throws 3 INTs but all three were perfect throws and the receiver popped the ball into the air for an easy pick. That goes on the QB's ledger, but it's not his fault. Same thing with just looking at average scores and assuming an over/under is the dividing line on if Haskins played good or not.

My point is, and always has been, that we have to actually watch HOW he plays in the games, in order to evaluate him properly.

If you go into the season with that mindset the observation your not coming out with is if in the in 2021 draft and the Team is drafting top 5 it isn't just looking to replace Haskins. Your looking to continue build upon a growing Franchise hopefully lead by Haskins and named the Washington RedWolves in 2021. Not blaming just the QB for the 2020 failures. 

I literally have zero idea what you're trying to say here and don't want to respond to what I think you're trying to say. Care to elaborate? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay. Cool... NOW we're getting somewhere! 

21 points isn't nothing. So if you were to tell me that our offense would average 21 ppg, with these weapons we have, in a new offense? I'll take that considering I expect our defense to hold the opponents to under 21 ppg given our talent and strength there.

You also can't point to only PPG and say that above a certain level or below a certain level of PPG means the loss is on the QB. It could be. Or it couldn't be. Just like if a QB throws 3 INTs but all three were perfect throws and the receiver popped the ball into the air for an easy pick. That goes on the QB's ledger, but it's not his fault. Same thing with just looking at average scores and assuming an over/under is the dividing line on if Haskins played good or not.

My point is, and always has been, that we have to actually watch HOW he plays in the games, in order to evaluate him properly.

I literally have zero idea what you're trying to say here and don't want to respond to what I think you're trying to say. Care to elaborate? 

I'm not going into this year with a 1st year starting QB with no reliable weapons on offense and expecting him to lead them to 21 points a game with the limited time in the system ect due to Covid 19. Other's may but I'm not. Take that how you want.

You will get what you get. If that leads you to drafting Lawrence in the 2020 draft, I guarantee HIM ALONE won't take that 2020 roster from drafting top 5 to drafting pick 32 in the 2021 draft class. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@Thaiphoon I would not trade out if we have a top 5 pick next year again. Besides the QBs, there are other prospects like:

• Penei Sewell, LT, Oregon
• Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU

• Micah Paraons, OLB, PSU

• Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

• Alex Leatherwood, LT, Alabama 

Keep in mind that as it stands right now, two of those five won't play this fall, and might not play at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

You will get what you get. If that leads you to drafting Lawrence in the 2020 draft, I guarantee HIM ALONE won't take that 2020 roster from drafting top 5 to drafting pick 32 in the 2021 draft class. 

Well, no. I don't know of any player who was drafted in the top five and then said team won the Super Bowl while said player was a rookie. If I have forgotten someone, I'd love to hear a name. The memory isn't what it used to be, and back then it was swiss cheese.

Also, as a technical point, barring someone pulling a Ditka, there would be more than just one player drafted in 2021. It's entirely possible that the 2nd or 3rd rounder might contribute as much (or more?) than the 1st rounder (no, that's not ideal, but it happens).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

I expect gibson to have 600-700 yards and Sims to have 700-800 and Terry 1200 we are fine

would like a te to step up though or depth

Gibson is our staying RB now, it’s unlikely he’s going to have 600-700 yards receiving as a WR, but I guess it’s possible he does that as a running back. I think it’s most likely that Gibson gets 400-500 yards receiving and JD McKissic does the same as running backs/sometimes backs the flex out as WRs in different formations. 

At this point it’s Inman who’s our 3rd best WR and he’ll probably have 400 to 500 yards receiving. 

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not going into this year with a 1st year starting QB with no reliable weapons on offense and expecting him to lead them to 21 points a game with the limited time in the system ect due to Covid 19. Other's may but I'm not. Take that how you want.

Ok. Now that statement is a bit clearer for me to respond to.  I don't disagree here. It's one reason why I predicted we have no more than 4 wins this year.

I'm not arguing here. No one else is either. 

Because no one else has said that taking Lawrence will have us winning a Superbowl in his rookie year.

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Well, no. I don't know of any player who was drafted in the top five and then said team won the Super Bowl while said player was a rookie. If I have forgotten someone, I'd love to hear a name. The memory isn't what it used to be, and back then it was swiss cheese.

Also, as a technical point, barring someone pulling a Ditka, there would be more than just one player drafted in 2021. It's entirely possible that the 2nd or 3rd rounder might contribute as much (or more?) than the 1st rounder (no, that's not ideal, but it happens).

Whose the last 2nd rounder to contribute to this Team?

Preston Smith. Seems Washington has had problems drafting in the 2nd round other than that.