Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Can start either Keelan Cole, Golladay or Hilton.  Thinking of risking it with Cole rather than hoping for Golladay to be fully recovered by Sunday or for Hilton to remember how to catch.  Am I crazy?

EDIT: Full PPR... and I have Corey Davis as an option too, I guess.

I don't that's crazy at all.  Miami's slot CBs have been absolutely abused so far this year and Cole is already a popular target for Minshew in what should be a relatively high scoring game.  To add to that, Chark isn't playing tonight.  

As you said, Golladay is coming back from injury and may be rusty.  Hilton may not get many passes thrown his way, as I think game flow will make that one the JT/Hines show against the Jets.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

Well chark is out. When you say remove ruggs from the conversation you say that because you think I should play him? Ruggs is boom/bust and I can't afford a bust this week 

Yes. Ruggs is a great lottery ticket to have on your bench but I think trying to pre-emptively predict the boom/breakout week with him would be a mistake. Metcalf toasted him last week but Stephon Gilmore is still Stephon Gilmore and I don't think I'd bank my week on a rookie WR getting loose deep against the DPOY.

If you have room on your bench I'd probably pick up Lazard but I think absent obvious alternatives it's best not to get cute with it and just start your stud in Golladay. Looks like he practiced both yesterday and today which likely means he's all systems go. The Lions being 0-2 with Patricia on the hotseat going up against a high-flying offense gives off strong potential shootout vibes, and with their backs against the wall I doubt they're just going to be using him as a decoy. There's a boom/bust element to him for sure but there's real world track record/talent to bank on with the Stafford/Golladay connection here too. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

If you have room on your bench I'd probably pick up Lazard but I'm in the camp of not getting cute with it and starting your stud in Golladay. Looks like he practiced both yesterday and today which likely means he's all systems go. The Lions being 0-2 with Patricia on the hotseat going up against a high-flying offense gives off strong potential shootout vibes, and with their backs against the wall I doubt they're just going to be using him as a decoy. There's a boom/bust element to him for sure but there's real world track record/talent to bank on with the Stafford/Golladay connection here too. 

Golladay is a start. DJ Moore is in the lineup as well 

I am asking which of those guys I listed are worth starting rather than ruggs, which as you say is not someone I want to start 

Its 2WR, 2 RB, 1TE, 1 flex league. I have Jonnu smith and Hayden hurst in the lineup already in the flex, so I need to figure out who is the other.guy in the flex (lazard, Davis, Jeff Wilson, Mike Williams) 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Golladay is a start. DJ Moore is in the lineup as well 

I am asking which of those guys I listed are worth starting rather than ruggs, which as you say is not someone I want to start 

Its 2WR, 2 RB, 1TE, 1 flex league. I have Jonnu smith and Hayden hurst in the lineup already in the flex, so I need to figure out who is the other.guy in the flex (lazard, Davis, Jeff Wilson, Mike Williams) 

Ahhh I see. Sorry. I like Lazard more than Ruggs. Same explanation as before in terms of why I don't like starting Ruggs. Lazard obviously doesn't come with the track record but this is another game with strong shootout potential and there's enough question marks around Davante that you'd think they're building Lazard more into the gameplan than they even normally would. Also I'm not sure if this still holds true but I feel like over the years the #2 receivers against the Saints have tended to put up huge numbers because of the knock-on effect of not throwing in Lattimore's direction.

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

7 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I need to start 2 of these guys in a PPR league....

DeVante Parker @ Jaguars
DJ Chark vs Miami
CeeDee Lamb @ Seattle
Mike Davis @ Chargers 

Thinking about going Parker and Lamb honestly. I don't know how Chark is going to play tonight with his injury, I could see them trying to limit his snaps. And I did pick up Davis but I would like to actually see his role in that offense before I plug him into my lineup if at all possible. 

Chark got ruled out so I can eliminate him. Now it's between Lamb, Parker and Davis for 2 spots. Still leaning Parker and Lamb, but I don't really feel great about Parker tonight. Would anyone else start Davis over any of those guys?

13 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Chark got ruled out so I can eliminate him. Now it's between Lamb, Parker and Davis for 2 spots. Still leaning Parker and Lamb, but I don't really feel great about Parker tonight. Would anyone else start Davis over any of those guys?

Chargers defense is good and Mike Davis probably stinks. I'd go Parker and Lamb. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

My weekly tilt between Higbee (Vs BUF) and Goedart (v CIN) full PPR. 

Id still go Goedert even with the Rams offense looking better. Goedert getting 8-9 targets a game is too good to pass up on.(this coming from a guy that blew 40% of his FAAB on Goedert after week 1)

Return the favor up above?

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Pick 1

Shenault vs Miami

Gage vs Bears

Trequan SMith vs Pack

Full ppr...who?

gonna disagree with pete here. I would throw out gage and then pick shenault over trequan. I like the Jags to find ways to get shanault the ball. I expect him to get 2-3 quick passes and a few handoffs. 

Just now, N4L said:

gonna disagree with pete here. I would throw out gage and then pick shenault over trequan. I like the Jags to find ways to get shanault the ball. I expect him to get 2-3 quick passes and a few handoffs. 

My gut call was Shenault, especially with Chark(the one Im replacing in lineup)being out and his rushing floor being part of it.