Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Np, hope it works out for ya. I like this thread bc its alot of give and take. Just hope it stays that way. I appreciate everyone giving me advice and always will reciprocate especially since I'm WFH thru football season

Did you see my final team in the other thread I know I asked you for advice on it before but now it’s actually drafted

11 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:
On 9/6/2020 at 12:01 AM, N4L said:

I am struggling with who to play, need 2 .5ppr

Golladay vs CHI

TY Hilton @ Jax 

Dj chark vs IND 

Feels like TY is going blow up. love the matchup. I guess I could play all three if I bench mostert

I'm kinda leaning towards benching golladay. Does that make me insane? 

I can see sitting Golladay based on the other matchups but usually players drafted in the first few rounds aren't typically guys I would sit.  I would lean Golladay and Chark, but can understand the love for TY. 

I dont want to start guys based on where I drafted them, I want to start the guys who will score the most points

@JaguarCrazy2832 told me that he thought the colts would be up and would therefore run the ball, meaning less targets for TY. my counter to that point is that TY could very well be the reason they are up big. I mean, the jags secondary is not good, and the colts OL is very good, so rivers will have more time for routes to develop downfield than he has in years past. I do slightly worry about someone like paris campbell eating into those targets though, but I really think TY is primed to have a game that reminds everyone why he was considered one of the best in the game just a few short years ago. his ADP is waaaay too low this year IMO. Him and keenan allen are going to be in a lot of championship rosters this year IMO

Chark should get the volume because the Jags will need to pass and dont have a lot of other weapons who will eat up target share 

Golladay feels like a matchup proof WR who should be in the lineup basically every week. 

Its why I am really struggling with this one. I guess I could sit mostert and start all three, but mostert feels like hes good for his 100+ yards and a score. 

@Forge would I be insane to sit golladay? or should I sit chark? 

5 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Diggs or Chris Thompson this week for Flex? 12 team half point PPR 

Diggs. Easily diggs. Too much uncertainty in the jacksonville backfield. thompson could see 60% of the snaps or like 10%. We have no clue. Diggs will be on the field the entire game. Diggs is a good downfield threat, and allen has a big arm. He struggled with his deep ball accuracy last year, but it really only takes a few good deep balls to put up some big points.

I really think that the bills will try and get the ball to diggs early to prove he was worth all of the draft capital they spent on him

Here is a pretty good rule of thumb for when you are struggling with a start/sit, look at their snap %. Its on sleeper but I am sure there are other sources out there. If you are choosing between two guys, the one that is actually on the field more is usually the right guy to start. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its why I am really struggling with this one. I guess I could sit mostert and start all three, but mostert feels like hes good for his 100+ yards and a score. 

@Forge would I be insane to sit golladay? or should I sit chark?

I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm all confidence and bravado and I think I know it all. I've seriously sat guys like Hopkins in matchups I find unfavorable lol. 

Fwiw though, I have no fears in playing golloday against the bears. His best game of the season last year was against Chicago. 

Meanwhile, Hilton scares me. Haven't been bullish on him all off season. Already having hamstring issues? Don't know what that offense looks like.... I feel more comfortable with Kenny G and Chark playing, tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm all confidence and bravado and I think I know it all. I've seriously sat guys like Hopkins in matchups I find unfavorable lol. 

Fwiw though, I have no fears in playing golloday against the bears. His best game of the season last year was against Chicago. 

Meanwhile, Hilton scares me. Haven't been bullish on him all off season. Already having hamstring issues? Don't know what that offense looks like.... I feel more comfortable with Kenny G and Chark playing, tbh. 

Its not that I dont like the bears matchup, mainly that I like the other ones more. 

TY had a bad hammy in early august, but its been a month since he has been practicing in full with no (reported) issues. on the contrary, every thing I can find about his offseason has been fluff pieces. IND media is really pushing the colts hard this year. reading some articles you really think they are going to go 16-0 this year and DEFO will be DPOY and phillip rivers will father kids 25-41 as he impregnates his wife after every win lol

maybe I am just drinking the cool aide, but a healthy TY with a good QB against a horrible secondary with a lackluster pass rush sounds like a cant miss opportunity. My gut is screaming at me to play him, so he is locked in right now 

gahhhh I cant bring myself to bench chark, golladay, or mostert. probably will sit golladay or chark. maybe the colts bracket chark because the jags dont have many other weapons??

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Thanks bud

I'd also go Kupp, but I'd have Hilton as a clear head-and-shoulders-above option to Jeudy week 1, as well.  Unless they really surprise, I expect the Jags to be this season's version of last season's Bucs defense, where you start your receivers against them happily and expect plus-matchups far more weeks than not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I dont want to start guys based on where I drafted them, I want to start the guys who will score the most points

@JaguarCrazy2832 told me that he thought the colts would be up and would therefore run the ball, meaning less targets for TY. my counter to that point is that TY could very well be the reason they are up big. I mean, the jags secondary is not good, and the colts OL is very good, so rivers will have more time for routes to develop downfield than he has in years past. I do slightly worry about someone like paris campbell eating into those targets though, but I really think TY is primed to have a game that reminds everyone why he was considered one of the best in the game just a few short years ago. his ADP is waaaay too low this year IMO. Him and keenan allen are going to be in a lot of championship rosters this year IMO

I realize this contradicts my previous statement and I hate to muddy up your waters but week 1 is the 1 week of all the weeks where starting your best guys might be the way to go. Its the same idea of why fantasy defenses that were elite last year shouldn't be trusted. You just dont know how good other offenses/defenses will be compared to last year

17 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like the sophomores with the two locks.  Brown and Singletary have good matchups and both have high cielings.  Maybe low floors too but Brown was a stud for me down the stretch last year and am impartial to him.  Honestly you could play any of the WRs with Godwin and Kupp and be in decent shape.  I was close to going Gibson for RB but just not sure what to expect and how much work McKisic gets as the starter over Gibson.  Given that I leaned with Singletary. 

Thanks bro

1 hour ago, TheBeast23 said:

I’m so torn on my backs right now. I need one more to start out of Rojo, Fournette, Mack and Akers. It’s half point PPR

I would roll with Mack out of those.  I think he is undervalued especially early.  The issue is if they get up big then JT may take over but I think he has good potential and a much less cloudy situation than the rest of those options.