Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

20 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

0.5 PPR

2 RBs: Pretty sure I'm leaning Kamara (obvs) and Hunt but Cohen might start? Would love to hear opinions.
Kamara
Hunt
Cohen

WR is where I'm stuck, I need 3 out of:

Hopkins
Golladay

DJ Moore
Lockett
Crowder
Samuel

If Cohen is starting, which it looks like he will, you have to play him over Hunt who will be a part timer.  Plus Detroit has always struggled with the run and WR screens so would feel good playing a RB facing us. 

I like the ATL matchup.  I think its a shootout and Lockett is an easy play.  The toss up is between Golladay and Moore and given I don't know if Teddy will favor Moore to Samuels, I will let that situation play out for a little before benching one of those other three I have bolded.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If Cohen is starting, which it looks like he will, you have to play him over Hunt who will be a part timer.  Plus Detroit has always struggled with the run and WR screens so would feel good playing a RB facing us. 

I like the ATL matchup.  I think its a shootout and Lockett is an easy play.  The toss up is between Golladay and Moore and given I don't know if Teddy will favor Moore to Samuels, I will let that situation play out for a little before benching one of those other three I have bolded.  

Samuel has had a bad camp and is in the dog house with the coaching staff. DJ Moore is one of the best WRs in the league, and excells in the intermediate passing game, which is where teddy thrives. The raiders secondary is lackluster and unproven. The Panthers defense might be the worst in the NFL which means it will be a high scoring game. 

@Fl0nkerton would be crazy to keep him on the bench imo  

41 minutes ago, N4L said:

Samuel has had a bad camp and is in the dog house with the coaching staff. DJ Moore is one of the best WRs in the league, and excells in the intermediate passing game, which is where teddy thrives. The raiders secondary is lackluster and unproven. The Panthers defense might be the worst in the NFL which means it will be a high scoring game. 

@Fl0nkerton would be crazy to keep him on the bench imo  

Moore is a top 15 WR, and finished behind the other 3 last year in fantasy points.  In most cases I would agree with you but I like matchups and situations better for the other three.  With no preseason, a new coach, a new QB in a new situation, I am trusting those who have performed previously.  

1 hour ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Standard scoring. Pick 1. I've got Boyd in right now

Tyler Boyd Vs LAC
Diontae Johnson @NYG
Marlon Mack @Jax

Full PPR. Pick 1. Just switched it and put Johnson in for now. 

Amari Cooper @Rams
Diontae Johnson @NYG

I would trust Mack the most.  Boyd scares me with Green back and I like Higgins, not to mention a rookie QB so I would wait and see on him.  Mack I think has more value early in the year, especially if JTs fumble issues creep up.  I think Mack has a big day against a rather weal D. 

Don't overthink this one too much.  You have to run Cooper as he has the higher ceiling and a higher floor.  And his QB isn't coming back from injury. 

• Like 1

Interesting conundrum. I currently have Will fuller as my flex play, and of course he will play tonight. However I just a trade proposal accepted of Mark Ingram+ Hollywood Brown for DJ Moore. This should go through before the games on sunday, and of course I would want to play Moore as my third receiver flex. But there's always a chance that something goes wrong (trade gets rejected or something) and then I can no longer use Fuller. 

Would you guys take the chance and pull Fuller out of the line  up (back ups I could use at that point would then be Ingram, Brown, Akers) in hopes to use Moore, or leave it as is? 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting conundrum. I currently have Will fuller as my flex play, and of course he will play tonight. However I just a trade proposal accepted of Mark Ingram+ Hollywood Brown for DJ Moore. This should go through before the games on sunday, and of course I would want to play Moore as my third receiver flex. But there's always a chance that something goes wrong (trade gets rejected or something) and then I can no longer use Fuller. 

Would you guys take the chance and pull Fuller out of the line  up (back ups I could use at that point would then be Ingram, Brown, Akers) in hopes to use Moore, or leave it as is? 

I feel like I would pull Fuller out and hope to use Moore. I don’t think there is a huge difference between Fuller and your other flex options. I see only a couple point spread there IMO. On the other hand, I could see Moore being worth 5-10 more points this week in a PPR league than Fuller. So theoretically, I view it as a 95% chance you get 15 points or at worst you get 7 points if a deal falls through and you play whoever. Playing Fuller would get you say 10 points. So I’m risking 3 points for a 95% chance to get 5 and I take that every time. If you think Fuller and Moore are closer in points this week, that obviously changes the math and would make me lean towards just sticking with Fuller. 

Clarifying edit: The 95% symbolizes the chances the deal goes through fine and you are able to insert Moore in your lineup on Sunday. Wasn’t sure if that was super clear. 

Edited by winitall
  • Like 1

Just now, winitall said:

I feel like I would pull Fuller out and hope to use Moore. I don’t think there is a huge difference between Fuller and your other flex options. I see only a couple point spread there IMO. On the other hand, I could see Moore being worth 5-10 more points this week in a PPR league than Fuller. So theoretically, I view it as a 95% chance you get 15 points or at worst you get 7 points if a deal falls through and you play whoever. Playing Fuller would get you say 10 points. So I’m risking 3 points for a 95% chance to get 5 and I take that every time. If you think Fuller and Moore are closer in points this week, that obviously changes the math and would make me lean towards just sticking with Fuller. 

I do think that Fuller has a chance to go off big, as he always does, but Moore to me feels like a safer floor play. In coming weeks, I would consistently play Moore over Fuller (now I'm just hoping Fuller breaks out so that I can use him as trade bait) as well. I was leaning toward sitting Fuller and hoping for the best with the the trade coming back.