Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

On 11/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, Titans_Matt said:

What do we think Antonio Brown's value is? My half point PPR league is recommending I start him (proj 14.08) over Adam Thielen (proj 12.78) and Terry McLaurin (proj 12.81). I'm just not sure what to think about it?

I'm not starting him over either of those. Also, not sure why they are projecting him so much...Carolina actually hasn't been a great opponent for WR points, I'm pretty sure. Bottom 10

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

My read on the golladay situation is that its worse than they are letting on. I believe this hip has given him issues before and he missed a lot of time earlier in the year with a hamstring issue. I hate how we never know which side of the body its on. If its the same side as his hammy from earlier, he is going to be out for a while. 

Thats kind of my impression as well. I really do think that there's a question on whether or not he's playing again this year. There's also the weird contract thing? There was scuttle on ESPN pods about him not being at all happy and maybe taking his recovery intentionally slow, which wouldn't shock me, but was pretty baseless (mostly just gossip, I think). 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Me again: Non-PPR

Gio Bernard vs Pittsburgh

or

Darrell Henderson vs Seattle

Gio has a tougher matchup but if Mixon really is out he'll for sure get opportunities whereas Henderson is a little banged up and could be leaned on less

also

Rob Gronkowski vs Carolina

or

Mark Andrews vs New England

Henderson and Gronk imo.  I stay away from Pittsburgh D.  And I'm winging on the other one. Familiarity between Brady and Gronk????? 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt Chubb going to be back? If so id definitely take Fulgham

Yeah Chubb is back but Hunt was a weekly starter with Chubb preinjury and Houston is an excellent matchup.

Fulgham has been so good but Alshon is also back (in theory) I can shake the feeling the Eagles are gonna be dumb and fade Fulgham. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah Chubb is back but Hunt was a weekly starter with Chubb preinjury and Houston is an excellent matchup.

Fulgham has been so good but Alshon is also back (in theory) I can shake the feeling the Eagles are gonna be dumb and fade Fulgham. 

Well, I mean, if Alshon doesn't get reps he can't injure himself again and miss more time.  You know that's how it works.

16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Travis Fulgham vs NYG or Kareem Hunt vs HOU PPR? 

I'm going with Hunt. Good matchup, relatively safe floor even with Chubb back (who may be on a pitch count, who knows). The eagles are starting to get a bunch of guys back and I'm curious what a full throttle eagles offense looks like. Do they start incorporating Reagor more, as I think that they will? Sanders is back. Goedert is back from the injury and now had an additional two weeks back to get healthier. 

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

0.5 ppr: Diontae Johnson vs. CIN or Antonio Brown @ CAR ?

Leaning AB - feel like this could be a big 'get right' bounceback game for the Bucs. 

I'm leaning toward Brown right now, but the matchup isn't great, and he's still splitting targets regardless, which limits his overall upside. My preference may change on sunday if I know what is going on with Ben and he's playing. If he's not, AB is the no doubt play. If he is playing, I may lean Johnson if I feel I need a big game. 

On 11/12/2020 at 4:22 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Me again: Non-PPR

Gio Bernard vs Pittsburgh

or

Darrell Henderson vs Seattle

Gio has a tougher matchup but if Mixon really is out he'll for sure get opportunities whereas Henderson is a little banged up and could be leaned on less

also

Rob Gronkowski vs Carolina

or

Mark Andrews vs New England

The non ppr makes it tough because that's where playing Seattle has a clear advantage (2.5x more receptions given up to running backs). 

Give me gio and Andrews.

People don't realize that Seattle isn't actually a great matchup for running backs on the ground. It's better than Pitt, to be sure, but gio has the volume and snaps edge

Andrews on the basis of random touchdown and my opponent in my money league has him. The last three times my opponent has had Andrews against me in this league, he has 17 catches, about 240 yards, 4 tds