Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

6 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

Week 15 - Who should I start?

PPR League

QB - Ryan Tannehill (DET) or Jalen Hurts (@ARI) 

Leaning towards Tannehill.   Hurts look decent yesterday, but looked like the Saints were starting to figure him out towards the end of the game.  Maybe give him one more week on the bench (assuming I win next week)

RB2 spot (Pick 1) - JK Dobbins (JAX) or Cam Akers (NYJ)

I am eager to see what Dobbins does tonight, but I think I am leaning towards Akers

WR 2 spot (Pick 1) - Terry McLaurin (SEA), Deebo Samuel (if he plays)(@DAL), TY Hilton (HOU), Jarvis Landry (@NYG), DJ Moore (@GB)

I have Davante Adams at WR1.  I need a 2nd WR.  I think I am leaning towards Hilton.  He has a great matchup against Houston.  Terry McLaurin has been killing me that last 2 weeks.  DJ and Deebo if they are healthy enough to play of course.  

FLEX - Dobbins/Akers (whoever I don't pick at RB2), McLaurin, Samuel, Hilton, Landry and Moore

Normally I would pick a 3rd WR to go here, but if I choose Hilton at WR2 the only other WR I trust right now is Landry.  So really I think it comes down to Dobbins, Akers or Landry.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Good luck this week guys!

I think Tannehill is good enough that you don't need to shoot for the moon. I think you Hurts over fringe guys like Cousins / Goff / Carr / Brady. I'd actually give consideration to starting him over the likes of someone like Wilson just based on matchups if you want to get frisky, but Tannehill has a nice finish to the season, and he's like a top 8 QB I think. No reason to overthink that. 

Dobbins / Akers...I have both as well, and I'm going with Akers. I think that we have enough to at least believe that he has assumed that starter role fully, and McVay has been a guy in the past that was willing to lean on just one guy. I mean, Dobbins, after a nice game against Tennessee, promptly got 38% of the snap share last week against Dallas. 38%. He's getting touches when he's playing, so that's nice (about 50% touch rate on his snaps), but Harbs is still messing around with that too much to make him reliable. 

WR2 spot - rule out Deebo. Almost no chance that he plays (think he'll be done for the year), and even if he did, there's no way you should be trusting him given his injury issues this year. Drop him and move on. The rest is really, really interesting. Not to be too prisoner of the moment, but I'm almost leaning Landry (make sure to monitor the weather) and Hilton, but I need to see what the deal is with Moore first and how the practice goes. I'm going to pass on Terry for the time being...it's been a struggle the last few weeks. I think it'll come down to Landry / Hilton and Moore. Right now, provided the weather is fine, I'll take Landry as one, and then I'll wait on the week to see how Moore is looking before making a final decision on those two. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

Week 15 - Who should I start?

PPR League

QB - Ryan Tannehill (DET) or Jalen Hurts (@ARI) 

Leaning towards Tannehill.   Hurts look decent yesterday, but looked like the Saints were starting to figure him out towards the end of the game.  Maybe give him one more week on the bench (assuming I win next week)

RB2 spot (Pick 1) - JK Dobbins (JAX) or Cam Akers (NYJ)

I am eager to see what Dobbins does tonight, but I think I am leaning towards Akers

WR 2 spot (Pick 1) - Terry McLaurin (SEA), Deebo Samuel (if he plays)(@DAL), TY Hilton (HOU), Jarvis Landry (@NYG), DJ Moore (@GB)

I have Davante Adams at WR1.  I need a 2nd WR.  I think I am leaning towards Hilton.  He has a great matchup against Houston.  Terry McLaurin has been killing me that last 2 weeks.  DJ and Deebo if they are healthy enough to play of course.  

FLEX - Dobbins/Akers (whoever I don't pick at RB2), McLaurin, Samuel, Hilton, Landry and Moore

Normally I would pick a 3rd WR to go here, but if I choose Hilton at WR2 the only other WR I trust right now is Landry.  So really I think it comes down to Dobbins, Akers or Landry.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Good luck this week guys!

Jalen, Akers, Hilton, Landry*, Samuels

• Like 1

22 hours ago, N4L said:

Given this information, yes, I would sit Chubb. 

I'd have to really look hard at the matchups next week to confirm it, but based on the above I would say that would be a shrewd move 

Update - he didn't sit Chubb and obviously won and I think that there's a good shot that he regrets it. His matchups are not good and he'll now be facing the number one scoring team in the league in the first round. He's got Metcalf and Lockett and they play Washington. He has Watson as one of his Qbs, they are up against Indy's defense. Zeke gets the 49ers run defense. He's got good matchups in lesser pieces, and a couple of guys who are matchup proof (Diggs), but I think he's gonna have a fight. Other guy has Herbert against LV, Henry against Detroit, Kelce being matchup proof, Steelers d against Cincy, Brady against Atlanta. 

Made it to the semis in my double flex league. Lost Deebo for the season though. I have Kamara, Robinson, Carson and Dobbins so luckily I don't need a WR for a flex and will roll with those 4.

Need a WR2 to go along with AJ Brown though. My bench is Devante Parker, DJ Chark and Allen Lazard. Don't trust a single one of them. 

MVS, Kendall Bourne, Lynn Bowden and Rashard Higgins are all FAs. Would you roll with one of those bench players or target someone in FA?

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Standard League Flex spot question

I've got Cam Akers vs the Jets, Miles Sanders vs Ari, and D'Andre Swift vs Ten for my flex spot. I suppose I also have Chase Claypool and Cole Beasley, but I don't think they'll score more than the RBs. 

I don't think there's any way you can bench Akers after last week. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Made it to the semis in my double flex league. Lost Deebo for the season though. I have Kamara, Robinson, Carson and Dobbins so luckily I don't need a WR for a flex and will roll with those 4.

Need a WR2 to go along with AJ Brown though. My bench is Devante Parker, DJ Chark and Allen Lazard. Don't trust a single one of them. 

MVS, Kendall Bourne, Lynn Bowden and Rashard Higgins are all FAs. Would you roll with one of those bench players or target someone in FA?

I say grab Higgins and plug him in.  I like him better then any of those guys IMO. 

1 minute ago, CrashMan510 said:

I got tyler lockett, robert woods, julio jones, tyreke hill, and ty hilton

I could only pick 3 of them. Its a ppr league. Help me win this playoff game

Hill is obviously a start.

Julio, if he is playing is also an obvious start.

comes down to Woods vs Hilton both with + matchups, Hiltion has been on a tear. Ride the wave and go with him.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, Mike Davis, Dj Moore, Antonio Gibson, Brandon Aiyuk in ppr i have to sit two of them.

Which 2?

Moore was on COVID list last week so might now play, and Gibson was out with turf toe, so we will see if he is going to be back.

Moore will see Jaire for at least half his snaps, I'd sit him no doubt. Comes down to Jacobs and Gibson. I'd sit Gibson, just don't see him getting more than a dozen touches.

PPR league

Jalen Hurts @ ARI or Herbs @LVR

Also pick one outta,

Robby Anderson @ GBP or Juice Landry @ NYG or Jonathan Taylor vs HOU

My team is as follows,

WR1 D. Adams, WR2 R. Woods,

RB1 J. Jacobs, RB2 D. Swift

Flex ?

TE J. Smith or Ertz but leaning Smith right now

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone thats still alive!

10 hours ago, CrashMan510 said:

I got tyler lockett, robert woods, julio jones, tyreke hill, and ty hilton

I could only pick 3 of them. Its a ppr league. Help me win this playoff game

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Hill is obviously a start.

Julio, if he is playing is also an obvious start.

comes down to Woods vs Hilton both with + matchups, Hiltion has been on a tear. Ride the wave and go with him.

I agree with this.  

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, Mike Davis, Dj Moore, Antonio Gibson, Brandon Aiyuk in ppr i have to sit two of them.

Which 2?

Moore was on COVID list last week so might now play, and Gibson was out with turf toe, so we will see if he is going to be back.

I would sit Jacob's and Gibson.  Both have been hurt lately and don't want to risk it.  Moore should be back and I think he is a better option to do something over Jacob's and Gibson (I don't think he will be 100% by gameday).  I would go with Drake, Davis, Moore and Aiyuk honestly.  I just don't care too much for Jacob's and with Gibson's toe injury, I question his ability to put up his usual numbers.