Bears have begun trimming

beardown3231

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

He said he has an inside story on Tolliver.  If true, it sounds like Tolliver was not a talent based decision.  

IIRC it was Tolliver's attitude at LSU that caused him to drop out of the draft completely.

As fans we seem to have been a little more sold on the guy than the Bears were.

Quarterback Tyler Bray

Running back Artavis Pierce

Receiver Reggie Davis

Safety Stephen Denmark

Receiver Thomas Ives

Receiver Rodney Adams

Tight end Jesper Horsted

Offensive lineman Sam Mustipher

Offensive lineman Jamon Brown

Offensive lineman Lachavious Simmons

Offensive lineman Badara Traore

Defensive tackle Abdullah Anderson

Defensive end LaCale London

Linebacker Rashad Smith

Safety Xavier Crawford

Kicker Cairo Santos

I don’t know who a lot of these guys are.  How odd.   

Why wait to move Denmark to safety?  Wasn’t that kind of his obvious position from get go?  Even all us idiots here said it right away.  What a waste of practice reps at corner.  Now his odds of becoming anything are that much lower.

I still really like Horsted.  I hope he gets decent practice reps.  Kind of a waste if he never gets opportunity to be developed. 

I think Abdullah Anderson is a decent reserve player.  

Bray just isn’t that good.  I understand he is emergency QB, but ... whatever.  

2nd kicker is necessary.  

They seem to like Ives, but he is just never going to be quite good enough.    

Mustifer isn’t good enough.  

I don’t know who these other guys are really.  

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Is that the Jamon Brown who went to Louisville who's been in the league for awhile?

Yes. Signed a bigger money deal in Atlanta last season and then they drafted a guy in round 1 to take his job.

I am not sure why Coward is still here unless he had a great camp, his film last season was immediate cut worthy.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2907747-best-players-available-after-nfl-2020-roster-cuts.amp.html

every player here makes sense for us  ha !  quality depth and wouldn't HAVE to throw Jaylen into fire 🔥  I sorta want to throw him in fire bc he is that GOOD  

no RBs tho  

Edited by SLCbear

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Bummed about Horsted. Thought he deserved a slot. Was hoping Pierce would supplant Nall. 

They are going bigger and meaner at TE. This looks like it is going to be some bully ball.

6’7” 265lbs

6’6” 262lbs

6’7” 245lbs

6’5” 255lbs

6’3” 255lbs.

That TE group is here to do one thing. Be big and bully you.

Edited by WindyCity

5 hours ago, SLCbear said:

no RBs tho  

Kerrith Whyte was cut by the Steelers (and presumably put on their PS again, I haven't heard since)..

Aside from being able to make up for letting him get poached in the first place, he's shown to be effective in actual regular season NFL play, and was (imo) significantly more impressive than Nall when we had both.  Not to mention a potential KR and with enough speed to be a home run hitter (something neither Nall or Pierce have).

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

They are going bigger and meaner at TE. This looks like it is going to be some bully ball.

6’7” 265lbs

6’6” 262lbs

6’7” 245lbs

6’5” 255lbs

6’3” 255lbs.

How big is Horsted? 

14 hours ago, WindyCity said:

6’7” 265lbs

6’6” 262lbs

6’7” 245lbs

6’5” 255lbs

6’3” 255lbs.

Its overly redundant though.  Horstead brings a WR skill set that most of these other guys don’t have.

He’s still on PS though.  I just don’t have faith in Bears org. To develop young talent going through a position change.