Raiders are trading RB/returner Lynn Bowden Jr to the Dolphins

agarcia34

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm done with the Mayock apologists after this.

We trade a rookie 3rd round RB and a 6th for a backup linebacker....

We suck at trades

and thats only when you combine the deals which isn't really logically sound. we traded a 3rd round pick and 6th round pick for a future 4th round pick

• Like 1

Just from an outside perspective - these picks happen and seldom do you get to recoup 70% of the value that you guys are going to get. 3rd and 4th rounders get stashed on IR  all the time their rookie year because they weren't good enough to make the squad but the team didn't want to look stupid and cut them in one off season, even though (and let's be honest), they probably already knew. 

Yes, it sucks that it was a bad pick, but kudos to the staff for not pulling any punches and just understanding that it wasn't going to work and moving on and maximizing the value back. I wish the 49ers would have done this with Joe Williams after it was very clear after his rookie TC that he was not going to stick. I'm sure that the Cards wished that they would have done that with Hakeem Butler last year. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And we passed on Zack Moss who will probably be the Bills starting RB this year.

Losing faith in Mayock. That's awful 

Nobody was perfect, but that was a mistake for MM. Muse seems like a scholarship player... smh should have traded those 3rds for a 2nd and got Taylor, Akers, Dobbins or drafted Moss... smh 

Now I am not saying this is the case with Bowden but teams might get rid of some good talent without preseason games.  Some players are good in practice and suck in games and others are the complete opposite.  There are going to be some players that get cut that would have made teams if the got a chance to get on the field in a game.  Best example I can think of is Terrell Davis almost quitting football, making a huge hit on special teams, and that led to coaches letting him get a few carries at RB.  The rest is a HOF career.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If muse busts, this draft class will look a lot worse. That being said, I have hope about Simpson/Robinson and it's still very early. I'm just disappointed we never got to see him play.

this draft can look very bad very quick. Taking Ruggs over Lamb and Jeudy was... bold. And virtually nobody had a first round grade on Arnette (though his early signs are promising)

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

losing faith? come on, stop. he literally just hit home runs with almost every pick. 

Home runs? Maxx Crosby is the only player he's taken I would classify as a home run. Yes, Josh Jacobs is awesome but he's a RB and if you take one in the first he had better be awesome right away with the short shelf life RBs have. Jacobs was the consensus #1 RB it wasn't some shrewed move by mayock.

Clelin Ferrell was an awful pick at 4. We're hoping he can at best be a 7-8 sack guy and a "lockeroom leader"...I like Abrams but he projects as a box safety and in today's NFL that isn't worth a first unless he's Kam Chancellor. Renfrow at best is a long term solid slot. You will never go into a season comfortable with him as a top 2 option. Arnette was a surprise pick. And you can even argue Ruggs was over drafted.

Raider fans didn't learn with Reggie not to rush to crown our GM as some draft genius because he had a solid class.

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I'll trade a max crosby for a lynn bowden. Bowden must've looked expendable at RB and no room for him at WR really. if he plays wr in miami he could do well. also, should of tried to ship him to Jets a

You can sugar coat it anyway you want. Awful, awful pick. We took this guy with a top 80 pick. A damn gadget RB/WR/QB like we are a good enough team to risk taking a player like that. I can't remember the last time a 3rd rounder was given up on so early.

Quentin Moses in 07? This is embarrassing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

this draft can look very bad very quick. Taking Ruggs over Lamb and Jeudy was... bold. And virtually nobody had a first round grade on Arnette (though his early signs are promising)

I'm not going to go that far. A lot of these guys haven't played a snap yet. 

I understand the pros of cutting bait when things aren't working. But this just seems too early.

How about Bowden's impact on special teams? We didn't get to see anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

From Vince:

The more camp unfolded, the more you sensed the @Raiders uneasiness about Lynn Bowden as the backup to Josh Jacobs. including OC Greg Olson talking yesterday about the difficult transition going from college WR/QB to NFL RB

That should have been painfully obvious though and especially with a reduced TC and no pre-season games he was never going to get things down easily and swiftly. He was put in a very difficult position.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not going to go that far. A lot of these guys haven't played a snap yet. 

I understand the pros of cutting bait when things aren't working. But this just seems too early.

How about Bowden's impact on special teams? We didn't get to see anything.

im not saying it WILL. i'm hopeful that Ruggs can be that unique weapon we've been looking for. but if he falters and Lamb/Jeudy explode out the gates, there will be a lot of questions, justifiable ones at that.