1st Qrt PFF Grades

MrCincinnati

Remember when you were still in high school and you would get those midterm grades after finishing 25 percent of the year? Well with the season 1/4 of a way over, its time to look at how these players have played. I do not own a membership account with PFF, but apparently you don't have to in order to find out there grades so far this season. I rounded up and down there grades, so they wouldn't have decimals. If I didn't list a player, it means he doesn't have a grade. Here we go

GRADE CRITERIA 

Elite: 99-90
High Quality: 89-85
Above Average: 84-80
Average: 79-70
Below Average: 69-60
Poor: 59 and below

QB:

Andy Dalton: 81
AJ McCarron: 60

RB:

Joe Mixon: 79
Giovani Bernard: 70
Jeremy Hill: 50

WR: 

AJ Green: 87
Alex Erickson: 67
Cody Core: 53
Tyler Boyd: 45
Brandon Lafell: 43
John Ross: 41

TE:

CJ Uzomah: 76
Tyler Eifert: 75
Tyler Kroft: 73
Ryan Hewitt: 71
Cethan Carter: 60

C:

Russell Bodine: 45

OG:

Clint Boling: 68
TJ Johnson: 50
Alex Redmond: 46
Trey Hopkins: 32

OT:

Andre Smith: 73
Jake Fisher: 41
Cedric Ogbuehi: 35

DE:

Carl Lawson: 83
Carlos Dunlap: 82
Jordan Willis: 74
Michael Johnson: 71
Chris Smith: 49

DT:

Geno Atkins: 89
Pat Sims: 72
Ryan Glasgow: 52
Andrew Billings: 50

LB:

Kevin Minter: 82
Vincent Rey: 81
Jordan Evans: 71
Vontaze Burfict: 51
Nick Vigil: 46

CB:

Darqueze Dennard: 83
Josh Shaw: 70
Adam Jones: 61
William Jackson: 60
Keivarae Russell: 58
Dre Kirkpatrick: 41

S:

George Iloka: 76
Shawn Williams: 70
Clayton Fejedelem: 69

Shocked to see Vigil so low

Opposite of shocked to see Fisher and Ogbuehi rated so low

Chris Smith is a little lower than i thought he'd be

Everyone else is about where i thought they'd be.

It would be interesting to see the grade posted with a standard deviation of weekly grades.  Because i bet guys like Dalton and Tyler Kroft have big standard deviations.

9 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

they rate vigil low because they credit him with a lot of catches because of the zone scheme they run. 

So laughable how low that O line is rated...yet we let the best 2 players on the line walk in FA 

I wonder how Whit and Zeitler have graded out.

29 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Whitworth: 84
Zeitler: 70

Was surprised Zeitler was low, but he's still miles ahead of anybody else this team has.

Honestly not surprised at all.  Zeitler was great in the run game, but he was just an average pass blocker.  You are right that average is still miles ahead of what we have now, but that 70 grade I'm not surprised about.  He shouldn't be the highest paid guard in the NFL, but kudos to him for getting that contract...

26 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Was surprised Zeitler was low, but he's still miles ahead of anybody else this team has.

He could be in the same situation as he was here and that Boling is in....Being stuck between two struggling players drops his score as he tries to cover for them.

Thanks for the numbers

On 10/3/2017 at 6:43 PM, MrCincinnati said:

It took more than three linemen on the team to equal the two they are still trying to replace, using aggregate scores.  So sad.

On 10/4/2017 at 12:11 AM, INbengalfan said:

He could be in the same situation as he was here and that Boling is in....Being stuck between two struggling players drops his score as he tries to cover for them.

Thanks for the numbers

Someone talked about how the Browns have a good line on paper but they're all new to the scheme and each other. I guess Whitworth only has one guy next to him so only one person to gel with as being on the interior where you have 2 people to get assignments right with. 

Archived