How is Mike Mayock doing so far?

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Michael Lombardi who worked with Gruden for years in Philadelphia and Oakland just said on the Pat McAfee show that he's a good coach but terrible when making personnel decisions. And that he makes a bunch of questionable moves because he's emotional and impulsive. He wants his guys now and doesn't see the bigger picture or understand how to build a winning team. 

He is 100 percent right. It is why coaches should never be 100% personnel decision maker. With Gruden in charge we'll be in 6 to 8 win territory.

Like I said before, this team is close to a bottom out year

mike lombardi said a year ago at this time that derek carr had no future with the raiders in vegas. he's just spouting opinion. as an outside observer, i dont even necessarily think he's wrong. but i dont give his opinion any more weight because he worked with gruden back in the day

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

mike lombardi said a year ago at this time that derek carr had no future with the raiders in vegas. he's just spouting opinion. as an outside observer, i dont even necessarily think he's wrong. but i dont give his opinion any more weight because he worked with gruden back in the day

Gruden having control over personnel in Tampa Bay and now here hasn't led to a consistent winner. Gruden is stuck in his ways, he loves offensive players, loves veterans, and refuses to play young guys. 

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He is 100 percent right. It is why coaches should never be 100% personnel decision maker. With Gruden in charge we'll be in 6 to 8 win territory.

Like I said before, this team is close to a bottom out year

so if Gruden is going to keep us at 6-8 win territory, why do we judge Carr on how many playoff appearances he brings us too?
Because that is what you do,
and you just said Gruden equals 6-8 wins. 

uh oh, something doesnt add up 🤣🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

from Walterfootball, if you're interested how people see this trade

Except 2 of the O- linemen they are talking about never played last year. So the Raiders need to replace one starter from last year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

so if Gruden is going to keep us at 6-8 win territory, why do we judge Carr on how many playoff appearances he brings us too?

Because Carr is the QB of Gruden's team. You dont get excused

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Except 2 of the O- linemen they are talking about never played last year. So the Raiders need to replace one starter from last year. 

Yeah, I expect that Good and Incognito will be brought back. The only starter that will need to be replaced is RT but if we bring back Parker/Young we'll literally have the same starting OL we had last season other than Jackson. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair or not W/L are always attached to the teams QB and head coach. You've never heard anyone say that a WR or defensive coordinator holds the record for most wins in NFL history. 

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

Fair or not W/L are always attached to the teams QB and head coach. You've never heard anyone say that a WR or defensive coordinator holds the record for most wins in NFL history. 

haha yea for sure. 
Just funny to see Bucksavage say that Gruden =6-8 wins.. . 
because i feel like I said that and it was labeled as an excuse for Derek Carr. . . 

when in all seriousness, it is just another flaw of our football team, Gruden isnt a great head coach, which means throughout the season we will be at a disadvantage when comparing HCs, just like sometimes we are at a disadvantage when comparing Qbs. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I expect that Good and Incognito will be brought back. The only starter that will need to be replaced is RT but if we bring back Parker/Young we'll literally have the same starting OL we had last season other than Jackson. 

Parker play good for a little while, if he can keep that up for a whole season then the Raiders are in a great spot.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Walter is just a bargain basement Colin Cowherd. Always a strong opinion, regularly awful takes.

When the Raiders fired Greg Olsen around 2014 or 2015, that site lost their minds about it for the entire offseason. I dunno if they beat the drum so hard because they already didn’t like the Raiders or if it was because they just loooooved Olsen. Either way, it was a weird fixation. That site perpetually has consensus first rounders going in like the third and vice versa. Just a weird place over there. 

im not sure I disagree with their take though. Raiders deserve the hits they’re taking right now. Most of the big FAs are getting cut, and there are more to come. 

I say this is a big offseason for MM, last year offseason was trash. Maybe Ruggs becomes star, but it looks like trash.  I say MM is one offseason away from his seat starting to get warm. All his prospects really need to step up, he needs to add some talent in free agency, and this draft.

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I say this is a big offseason for MM, last year offseason was trash. Maybe Ruggs becomes star, but it looks like trash.  I say MM is one offseason away from his seat starting to get room. All his prospects really need to step up, and he needs to add some talent in free agency, and this draft.

Gruden runs the show and has final say. Why we are pretending Mayock is anything more than a glorified scout is beuyond me. The tail is wagging the dog in Vegas.

• Like 3