2020-21 Saints roster going into week 1

Canadian Saint

Thought we could have a thread to talk about the roster going into week 1 post cuts.

A few surprises:

- Carrying 2 punters is interesting. I wonder if Morstead made it known to management that he mgiht be retiring at the end of the year?

- Boy our LBers look young. Thrilled for Hansen, Elliss and Baun. Hopefully we can get Bachie into the PS and store him away for later on this season or next season.

- Thrilled for Callaway. Young WR UDFA came in and performed (from reports) on ST. I reckon he'll have a shot to get a few reps at WR too.

- That DL is ridiculous. Clowney or not, that's basically 2 deep in every spot. Excited to see how Roach does, he took away a spot from Edwards so we will see. Reckon Hendrickson is waived if Clowney lands here.

- Interesting to see Greenidge make the team. We will see if he's improved, because this is the second year with the team and really didn't hear about him at camp. He has the measurables of a LT. We will see if he has the ability?

- Overall TE and WR room looks so much improved. Happy with that.

- Like Bachie, hopefully Washington can make the PS. Nice to have some depth developing on the PS. From reports he did decent in TC. Lots of INTs from what I recall.

Edited by Canadian Saint

20 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

A few surprises:

- Carrying 2 punters is interesting. I wonder if Morstead made it known to management that he mgiht be retiring at the end of the year?

This was really the only "Surprise" to me, carrying 2 punters. Morstead and Brees are the only 2 left over from the SuperBowl win over a decade ago. And we can suspect that all good things must come to an end at some point or another. I can't think that this will remain the case (2 punters on the roster) in the event some high caliber player comes on the radar, or in the event of a temporary roster necessity.

17 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

This was really the only "Surprise" to me, carrying 2 punters. Morstead and Brees are the only 2 left over from the SuperBowl win over a decade ago. And we can suspect that all good things must come to an end at some point or another. I can't think that this will remain the case (2 punters on the roster) in the event some high caliber player comes on the radar, or in the event of a temporary roster necessity.

That and Morstead has like a 4m cap hit.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that the 2nd punter will be dropped but that the Saints want the first wave to go by before releasing him so he has a better chance of making the practice squad. I’m a big Callaway believer. I’m glad he showed out on special teams because he will eventually get a chance to be a contributing WR. 

• Like 1