Clowney to the Titans

ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, titanrick said:

So to everyone who ripped the Casey trade, the numbers are very close. Would you rather have Casey or Clowney this year?

I love Jurrell. So much. It’s easiest Clowney. The versatility he adds up the defense and overall explosiveness is something Casey just doesn’t bring to the table at this point. 

12 minutes ago, titanrick said:

So to everyone who ripped the Casey trade, the numbers are very close. Would you rather have Casey or Clowney this year?

Clowney easily because we have someone to replace Casey in Simmons. We don’t have anyone close to the caliber of Clowney on the roster. His versatility and explosiveness opens this defense up so much.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Beasley-Simmons-Clowney-Landry

That 3rd down pass rush front makes me feel much better about going up against the Chiefs and Texans of the world, than last year or what we had pre Clowney signing.

And don’t get me started on our run defense.

Crawford/Mack - Jones - Simmons

Clowney —— Brown——Evans ——Landry

Good luck!!!

46 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

You just know Clowney is going to do all he can to go absolutely insane this year. He wants to be paid big time.

Yeah, that's why this makes so much sense.  If we had just signed him to a four year deal, I would have the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Don't trust this guy at all but the motivation of getting paid next season should get his best effort for us.

5 hours ago, titanrick said:

Yeah, that's why this makes so much sense.  If we had just signed him to a four year deal, I would have the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Don't trust this guy at all but the motivation of getting paid next season should get his best effort for us.

Let him go full Haynesworth this year, and then net us a decent comp pick when some other sucker signs him long term. 

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Let him go full Haynesworth this year, and then net us a decent comp pick when some other sucker signs him long term. 

He always play hard effort isn’t a problem with him, it’s health he’s injury prone. Kinda how Orakpo was injury prone when he left the redskins 

17 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Now that it’s official I’ll repeat what I put in the Clowney thread in the General section.

Clowney’s not an elite defender but his signing  is big because it takes immense pressure off Harold Landry, it allows us to not be forced to start Correa and allows Vic Beasley to be a situational pass rusher for us.

Plus adding him with DaQuan Jones, Jeffery Simmons and Rashaan Evans should hopefully lead to beastly run defense

Glad it’s finally over with.

Agreed. We shouldn’t expect him to lead our pass rush or anything, but it helps not only our edge situation, but contributes to our interior depth as well.

13 hours ago, titanrick said:

Casey. Because it’s football and I am allowed to be sentimental. One of my favorite Titans of all time. Plus Casey and Simmons together would be a beastly interior pass rush.

• Like 1