Post 53 - Cuts and Free Agents

mwalker

Couple of odd thoughts:

• Would have loved to have a project LT like Alex Taylor or Mitch Hyatt than Anthony Coyle AND Jarron Jones.  Keep one of those as a gameday dude that already knows the system, and use Taylor/Hyatt as longterm LT prospects.  2021 could be ugly with tackles, and I certainly do not think that Coyle or Jones are the answer.
  • Absolutley LOVE Sean Davis back.  #3 safety off the rip.  Already knows all the backend positions, and can fit in right away.  I have always seen him as a yin to Edmunds yang.  May not be the most athletic or explosive, but knows where to be.  I could see Davis being in the big nickel on day 1.  Very happy about this.
  • Dobbs to me is good... as long as we get Duck to the PS.  Dobbs at least can be Jackson on practice weeks, and he knows the system.
  • Good mix of project bodies and 53 ready bodies on the PS.  We get to pull 2 up on gamedays, so keep that in mind.  Gray, Brooks, Bandy and I hope a project LT should not see the 53, but need to get ready for 2021.
  • Biggest surprise for me?  Hassanhaur/Davis/Pierre on the 53.  I get the DDC injury scare, and Pierre showing up big taking CB #6 role, but Davis.... who saw that coming??
  • WR room is interesting.  JJSS, JW and DJ most downs, CC as #4.  Ray Ray is the return/gimmick guy.  Remember, Ebron is a WR in my world, so you will see him and Vance on the field at the same time, just not in 12 personnel.  Switzer is redundant to me, and Cain is around on the PS to be added on gameday for a Holton-type.
  • Special teams:  Watt, Claypool, Ola, Highsmith, Spillane, UG3, Dangerfield and Allen/Pierre (whoever is active) are 4 phasers.  McFarland/RayRay as returners, Layne/CC as gunners, other gaps filled by Samuels, Snell and Davis.  Very exciting for Danny Smith, to be sure.