Post 53 - Cuts and Free Agents

mwalker

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Jordan Berry was just released, Dustin Colquitt is our new Punter!!

aw man that sucks lol, always had a soft spot for berry because of the australian connection

really excited about this roster and think we can do great things. would argue that some of the depth decisions are a bit questionable but it's never perfect, and there would be years where i think FO got it all right and others don't; such is the roster assembly. keen as for season 2020!!

10 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Since I posted this I noticed this was one of the “OR” spots. Same for Chuks/Banner, McFarland/Ray Ray for KR, and Ebron/Vance for TE. Some gamesmanship from Tomlin.

I never cared for OR/gamemanship from coaches.  Figure out who the starter is and go with that. If it's really close, then go with who matches up better or who is healthier. It's good to have such quality reserves, as long as the right player is playing. As for UG3, lets see if he gets a fair chance, because in the past, some players didn't and I hope Alen is for real instead of being another one of colberts 

8 hours ago, Neumatic said:

As one of many Berry haters, It’s about damn time.

I didn't realize it was that bad, but lets see if the 2nd gen punter is still good. Is he good at placing kicks inside the 20? I thought berry was ok at this last year, but memory isn't always good. 

59 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Berry was inconsistent in the worst way.  Especially in cold weather.

Yeah, I definitely won't be crying over his release. He was inconsistent and bad for the first years in the league. Last year he started well but finished poorly. The only thing that worries me is his holding for Boswell. He's the only holder Bos has had in his career, I believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, I definitely won't be crying over his release. He was inconsistent and bad for the first years in the league. Last year he started well but finished poorly. The only thing that worries me is his holding for Boswell. He's the only holder Bos has had in his career, I believe. 

I could be wrong, but wasn't Josh Dobbs the holder one year or two?