Bears to Start QB Mitchell Trubisky

chiefs82

23 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

The 3 on the interior are 3 of the best in the league, the tackles are average or below.  As long as he can step up in the pocket and have a bit of mobility (which he demonstrated in the preseason), the OL shouldn't be much of an issue.  

I don't pay attention to other teams offensive lines, but it has been said that Whitehair is not playing well at all this year. If you have watched him can you enlighten me? Is he hurt?

5 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't pay attention to other teams offensive lines, but it has been said that Whitehair is not playing well at all this year. If you have watched him can you enlighten me? Is he hurt?

I don't necessarily agree with that, his blocking has been pretty good, but he has had about 1 errant snap that goes bad per game, which would be my biggest gripe with him.  I think he just needs to settle down and concentrate on the snap, he seems more focused on the guy ahead of him before he gets the ball off.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:
6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that, his blocking has been pretty good, but he has had about 1 errant snap that goes bad per game, which would be my biggest gripe with him.  I think he just needs to settle down and concentrate on the snap, he seems more focused on the guy ahead of him before he gets the ball off.

Yeah I haven't watched him for a single play. Before everyone gets all defensive and dismissive it's PFF who has him as a bottom 3 center so far with a dreadful score. So I'm just asking

4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Yeah I haven't watched him for a single play. Before everyone gets all defensive and dismissive it's PFF who has him as a bottom 3 center so far with a dreadful score. So I'm just asking

Sorry if I came up as defensive or dismissive.  Thats just the sort of stat that has a tendency to weigh down PFF rankings, but to be fair, bad snaps can make or break the team, so I understand it.  His blocking has been pretty good from what I've seen, though.

57 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Sorry if I came up as defensive or dismissive.  Thats just the sort of stat that has a tendency to weigh down PFF rankings, but to be fair, bad snaps can make or break the team, so I understand it.  His blocking has been pretty good from what I've seen, though.

You weren't dismissive, but when mentioning PFF on here I always have to be defensive haha

I fully expected Chicago to make the move around game 7 if the coaching staff really believed he had the potential to be a franchise QB. Believe me, coaches can tell a lot just from practice, so Chicago fans should be happy that he is starting, but it will still take him about 5 games to be truly effective. However, remember Goff, the rookie season does not tell a whole lot about the future of a QB.

The reason for the move is simple. The fans need to see him to have any hope for their future and the team buckled under fan pressure. They should have accepted a few more losses to better prepare him for the speed of pro football, before throwing him to the wolves. No doubt, the owner probably made the call no matter what they tell you.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe he'll play bad in his first game as a pro so the Vikings can win in Soldier Field!!

While Stefon Diggs  still draws a breath, you can never count the Vikings out!

21 hours ago, bzane said:

While Stefon Diggs  still draws a breath, you can never count the Vikings out!

I think it's hilarious that you always bold his name. he's that good!

I have a bad feeling Trubisky is going to pick on Trae Waynes and he won't be disappointed.

Archived