Intriguing narratives for this season

Hunter2_1

okay how about this one;

if atlanta can quietly make some noise (an oxymoron if i've ever heard one), that'll be quite the shock given the (justified) hype around the saints and then the carnival of coverage for the bucs; they've got an offense that can move mountains for heck's sake, and i wouldn't be surprised if they can steal the second seed in the south and take a wild card spot with it tbqh

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The first mistake you made was thinking. 

You’re right, should’ve went with my gut. Week 1 @ halftime it is!

Really no shame in it for Ben, though. Losing your job to a 1st ballot HOFer is nothing to be embarrassed over.

16 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

okay how about this one;

if atlanta can quietly make some noise (an oxymoron if i've ever heard one), that'll be quite the shock given the (justified) hype around the saints and then the carnival of coverage for the bucs; they've got an offense that can move mountains for heck's sake, and i wouldn't be surprised if they can steal the second seed in the south and take a wild card spot with it tbqh

On offense they downgraded at TE, drafted a center in round 3, and signed Todd Gurley's knees, or did I miss something?

On D they exchanged Beasley(37 1/2 sacks) for Fowler (27 1/2 sacks).

Oh trust me, Gurley will be healthy this time! 🤣

No one cares about the 3rd place team in the AFC East.

17 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

okay how about this one;

If Atlanta's oline is top 12 they are taking the #1 seed

If Atlanta's Oline is top 5 and healthy heading into the playoffs ATL wins the SB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

gedurfde voorspelling ! 

I worry about the Defense

Bedankt!

Same. But I Matt Ryan has shown he can take a middling D for the long haul as long as his offensive line is good and healthy. I'm expecting the Oline to be mediocre this year since the youth still needs to grow and jell.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

If Atlanta's oline is top 12 they are taking the #1 seed

If Atlanta's Oline is top 5 and healthy heading into the playoffs ATL wins the SB.

Yeesh... I see Atlanta as no higher than 3rd best in the division - TB and NO are considerably better on both sides of the ball, are better coached and are more experienced in big game situations. Bluntly, Atlanta doesn't have the personnel to keep up with NO or TB (and that's not even going into coaching, where Mike Quinn is on that Bill O'Brien tier of coaching...)

You would need multiple injuries with key players (Brees, Brady, Thomas, Godwin/Evans, etc) for Atlanta to get within striking distance - even then, I put more faith in Arians/Payton creating a limited gameplan over Quinn with a full compliment of options.

It's a brutal division, I can't really see Atlanta win it.