Lions sign Adrian Peterson

detroitroar

Very unlike the Lions but I'm ok with it. I imagine they're sick of having these young guys who never seem to be healthy or consistent. Peterson has had a couple injuries in his long career but for the most part he's been an iron man for a RB.

Since the year 2004, only twice have the Lions had a back gain as many yards as Peterson's 898 last season. I'm not expecting him to be the #1 back but it wouldn't shock me if he gets a good amount of carries.

Kerryon better show some serious something this year. Backs don't get a whole bunch of time to prove they got it before they get flushed.

edit: I just had a terrible thought that Peterson could surpass Barry on the all time rushing list in a Lions uni. But now I see he's 1,053 yards behind him. If he were to pull that off, I'd take it.

Edited by Superduperman

Congratulations on acquiring Adrian Peterson, Lions fans!  Yeah, I know he is not what he once was, but he is still one of the hardest working players in the league and you can be sure he is going to show up in great shape and ready to play.  He still has some left in the tank and should be an asset to your team.  Just like when you had Barry Sanders, the careers of the all-time greats go by quickly, so you have to enjoy them when they are still around.  I'm glad you signed him so we get to see him play two more times this year.  Best of luck in the 2020 season!

• Like 2