so where would you rank this roster

3rivers

I think it can be his most balanced team since the 2010 team. If Ben comes back normal and they get lucky with injuries the sky is the limit with this team. they can have a defense as good as the 01,04,08,10 and 19 teams paired with a top 10 offense. every time I've seen a steeler team like that they made to the AFC title game or SB

This is as talented a roster up and down as I’ve seen since Bens rookie year. Every position group has some real talent. Obviously our depth is lacking at Safety and ILB, but it’s impossible not to have a few holes. It all hinges on Ben’s arm. If he’s healthy and can return to even his 2018 level, we’re a contender. If he’s not good, we’ll be very average.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This is as talented a roster up and down as I’ve seen since Bens rookie year. Every position group has some real talent. Obviously our depth is lacking at Safety and ILB, but it’s impossible not to have a few holes. It all hinges on Ben’s arm. If he’s healthy and can return to even his 2018 level, we’re a contender. If he’s not good, we’ll be very average.

I think our running backs and overall run game will be crucial. if we improve in that area, we won't have to depend on Ben carrying the offense with the pass game like they did in 2018. I want our offense to be more like last yrs niners, but with a better QB in Ben.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I think it can be his most balanced team since the 2010 team. If Ben comes back normal and they get lucky with injuries the sky is the limit with this team. they can have a defense as good as the 01,04,08,10 and 19 teams paired with a top 10 offense. every time I've seen a steeler team like that they made to the AFC title game or SB

this is how I saw it, yet I prefer this defence. LeBeau failed vs top QB's it seemed . 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

also helps that Brady Pats are not in the way anymore 😆

this too. The Chiefs are the team, but lets see how that goes. At least the secondary and pass rush is up to the task. Now it's up to ben and company vs the chiefs D which was top notch in the last half of the season. 

On 9/7/2020 at 12:31 AM, mwalker said:

if Ben stays healthy, I think this is the best team we've fielded in quite some time.

+1, most balanced roster with depth. I can't believe it, but everything landed on colberts desk, either UFA with Haden and Nelson, draft with Claypool ( and that was a need, and unlike moncrief of last year for example ) and Ebron could help if V can stay healthy especially since it appears ebron learned how to catch in recent time. 

I hope the OL is oK  - the concern with RT could be resolved by putting Feiler back there and Wiz at LG. Wiz was a great signing, old vet OL are perfect as reserves . These last 2 seasons were some of colberts best, and I can't believe I am typing this.  I want Banner to do well, but lets see how it goes. Chuks isn't the answer from what I saw last year, but Banner has a chance. 

I am feeling like this is our year, but we do have Mahomes in our conference and that is another story.