Raiders place Tanner Muse on IR

bucksavage1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lmao we spent picks 81 and 91/100 on guys who couldn’t even make a day 1 roster spot on non-playoff team.

that is the epitome of failure.... and this from a “draft expert”.

mayock’s is like a lifelong college professor... the teacher who never had what it takes to enter the private sector and instead teaches because they can understand and teach theories but not handle the real world.  Maybe he should have stayed in the NFL Network class room.

But..but..but..Mayock has hit absolute home runs like Hunter Renfrow and Foster Moreau.

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

But..but..but..Mayock has hit absolute home runs like Hunter Renfrow and Foster Moreau.

I honestly don’t know if your defending Mayock or mocking it.

hes definitely had some nice picks... but he’s absolutely bombed a lot too.

you can’t win only being right 40% of the time 

Edited by jimkelly02

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Totally mocking bud. 

My faith in him wasn't high to begin with. He got lucky that Crosby negated the lack of Ferrell's impact on the DL and picked a RB who was an obvious choice. His other "good" picks thus far include Abram, who wasn't seen, Mullen who was decent, Renfrow who benefitted from being about the only option not named Waller, and our now TE3 with limited experience coming off of an injury. 

FA has been crap, we've made stupid trades that see us fleeced, and make terrible draft decisions like Bowden and Muse. If Arnette, Ferrell, Abram, and Ruggs (all of whom were drafted over players a lot of us agree were better picks, making them relative reaches) don't start showing up, we will have blown 4 of 5 first round picks in a 2 year span. With 5 first round picks in 2 years, we shouldn't have the problems we still expect to have. Blowing 2nds and 3rds on projects and bad trades when they could be used to find starters or capable backup/rotational pieces only makes it even worse.

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Totally mocking bud. 

My faith in him wasn't high to begin with. He got lucky that Crosby negated the lack of Ferrell's impact on the DL and picked a RB who was an obvious choice. His other "good" picks thus far include Abram, who wasn't seen, Mullen who was decent, Renfrow who benefitted from being about the only option not named Waller, and our now TE3 with limited experience coming off of an injury. 

FA has been crap, we've made stupid trades that see us fleeced, and make terrible draft decisions like Bowden and Muse. If Arnette, Ferrell, Abram, and Ruggs (all of whom were drafted over players a lot of us agree were better picks, making them relative reaches) don't start showing up, we will have blown 4 of 5 first round picks in a 2 year span. With 5 first round picks in 2 years, we shouldn't have the problems we still expect to have. Blowing 2nds and 3rds on projects and bad trades when they could be used to find starters or capable backup/rotational pieces only makes it even worse.

Thank you!  (Your my new fav poster lol!)

Not to 75M and 50M in Salary cap room that we only got 40 cents on the dollar back from.

If we managed those assets properly we would have a team without numerous holes and would have traded some draft picks for future draft picks so for years to come we could have additional picks in the draft.

Edited by jimkelly02

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Totally mocking bud. 

We've had 16 draft selections since Mayock took over as our GM, 9 of those picks are going to start for us this season (Ferrell, Abram, Jacobs, Mullen, Crosby, Renfrow, Ruggs, Arnette, Edwards), 4 of them are currently 2nd string on the depth chart (Moreau, Johnson, Simpson, Robertson), 1 is on IR (Muse), and 2 are no longer with the team. (Bowden and Bell) That's pretty damn good if you ask me. Are you going to hit on every pick? Nope. But the only 3 picks that look questionable right now are Muse (jury is still out), Bowden (bad character fit?), and Bell (7th round project). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We've had 16 draft selections since Mayock took over as our GM, 9 of those picks are going to start for us this season (Ferrell, Abram, Jacobs, Mullen, Crosby, Renfrow, Ruggs, Arnette, Edwards), 4 of them are currently 2nd string on the depth chart (Moreau, Johnson, Simpson, Robertson), 1 is on IR (Muse), and 2 are no longer with the team. (Bowden and Bell) That's pretty damn good if you ask me. Are you going to hit on every pick? Nope. But the only 3 picks that look questionable right now are Muse (jury is still out), Bowden (bad character fit?), and Bell (7th round project). 

Ferrell, we are actively hoping can be an 8 sack player. That's pathetic for a DE drafted that high. We were known to be courting Yannick- do you really think that was to replace Crosby? Even the staff clearly knows Ferrell isn't taking some huge step forward. He's a guy who will stay on the roster through his contract and likely be gone/replaced in the lineup. Everything about the moves and office talk screams this.

Abram is a ? in a bad way. He's a year behind now, was arguably over drafted, and his play style is the poster child for unnecessary roughness and targeting penalties. He needs to prove that wrong, and until he does, it's a questionable pick. And given that we haven't really seen him play at all, no, I'm not giving Mayock credit for him being a good pick. 

Jacobs was a hit, he was also a painfully obvious pick. A novice child could have made the pick.

Mullen and Arnette are hopes and prayers at this point. Neither have had meaningful competition thus far, so them starting is as much a default as an indication that they're ACTUALLY starting caliber. 

We traded a 3rd and 5th away for nothing to obtain Pittsburgh's problem. 

We blew 2 3rd rounders this year on projects, one who we either didn't do due diligence on or wound up with a giant egg on our face for being cute, the other who was so bad we IR'd him to keep from having to have him play.

We've still been unable to attract top free agents, despite all of the apologists ensuring us that it was just a matter of getting to Vegas. 

We've consistently over drafted, neglected needs, and been on the laughable side of trades. And you really think the "only questionable picks are Bowden, Muse, and Bell"? 

Look, you can be optimistic if you want, but it doesn't negate the fact that a lot of people think the drafting has been questionable overall and FA has been just bad. If you want to sing the praises of a guy who is apparently GREAT at  finding backups and 3rd stringers, you're well within your right to do so. I, on the other hand, want to improve. Blowing picks and cap space like an amateur isn't going to achieve that. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I mean they are starting cause of necessity not cause they all are actually good NFL starters yet. I tore the whole roster down. The draft picks should be starting. Out of those 9, 5 was 1st round picks. On a bare roster they automatically get the nods. If in year 4 or 5, those guys are solid contributors that would be impressive. 

What gets me so upset is the wasted capital. And the missed opportunities.  It’s added up to be quite a lot.

Lots of money and draft picks wasted....

it’s not just the waste it’s the compounding  interest we could have had from those picks..... you could trade a 3rd for a ‘21 2nd not a ‘21 4th... for example

19 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

usually the multiple "buts" are meant in a mocking way

28 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

What gets me so upset is the wasted capital. And the missed opportunities.  It’s added up to be quite a lot.

Lots of money and draft picks wasted....

it’s not just the waste it’s the compounding  interest we could have had from those picks..... you could trade a 3rd for a ‘21 2nd not a ‘21 4th... for example

This. 
I hope mikes “draft guru ego” isn’t clouding his judgement. Sometimes instead of making the easy catch (or decision) some people wanna make the fancy obj one handed amazing grab (off the board tryna look fancy decision) so they look like a god. 

Also spare the stuff I’ve been reading about corona made it difficult to scout. This is mike may he should know players info from the year before. You don’t start scouting once you see a players declared for the draft we’ll at least I thought. 

57 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ferrell, we are actively hoping can be an 8 sack player. That's pathetic for a DE drafted that high. We were known to be courting Yannick- do you really think that was to replace Crosby? Even the staff clearly knows Ferrell isn't taking some huge step forward. He's a guy who will stay on the roster through his contract and likely be gone/replaced in the lineup. Everything about the moves and office talk screams this.

Ferrell's future is far from set in stone after last season. I'm not comparing them directly as players but Khalil Mack only had 4 sacks as a rookie and Cam Jordan only had 1 sack as a rookie, they've both developed into premier pass rushers. We were rumored to be interested in Yannick but did we ever pull the trigger on a deal? Nope. We were also rumored to be courting Brady and just made Mariota the highest paid backup in the league, does that mean we know that Carr isn't the guy as well? How does everything the front office says scream that Ferrell is gone after his rookie season? 

Abram is a ? in a bad way. He's a year behind now, was arguably over drafted, and his play style is the poster child for unnecessary roughness and targeting penalties. He needs to prove that wrong, and until he does, it's a questionable pick. And given that we haven't really seen him play at all, no, I'm not giving Mayock credit for him being a good pick. 

How can you jump to conclusions on Abram when we haven't even really seen him play yet? He's a question mark but so is every other young player in the league until they've proven it consistently. 

Jacobs was a hit, he was also a painfully obvious pick. A novice child could have made the pick.

Jacobs had very little tape coming out of Alabama and 1st round RB's don't typically provide good value so I think that's a stretch as well. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

We've still been unable to attract top free agents, despite all of the apologists ensuring us that it was just a matter of getting to Vegas.

We've been in Vegas for one offseason and brought in Littleton, Kwit, Collins, and Nassib. All four players that are entering their prime and have been quality starters in the league before they got here. Good teams are built through the draft and overpaying in free agency is one of the quickest ways to limit your roster flexibility. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

We've consistently over drafted, neglected needs, and been on the laughable side of trades. And you really think the "only questionable picks are Bowden, Muse, and Bell"? 

How have we neglected need? We have a young starter at almost every position across the board for the first time in like a decade. What other picks can you really say have been questionable thus far? We had 9 picks in 2019 and 6 of those guys flashed last season and are starters this year, 1 of them is a backup that will play a lot, and 1 of them was hurt all season but is second string. We had 7 draft picks this year, 3 of those guys are projected starters, 2 of them are second string, 1 of them is on IR, and 1 got traded. 

48 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I mean they are starting cause of necessity not cause they all are actually good NFL starters yet. I tore the whole roster down. The draft picks should be starting. Out of those 9, 5 was 1st round picks. On a bare roster they automatically get the nods. If in year 4 or 5, those guys are solid contributors that would be impressive. 

So how are you able to judge them so harshly when they haven't even really played enough...

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

and still our 3rd round picks can’t even make the team.

No team hits on every draft pick. We've had 2/16 that didn't make the roster and 1 of those guys was traded because he was a low character guy playing out of position. The Muse pick doesn't look great right now but he has literally played zero snaps for us... 

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This. 
I hope mikes “draft guru ego” isn’t clouding his judgement. Sometimes instead of making the easy catch (or decision) some people wanna make the fancy obj one handed amazing grab (off the board tryna look fancy decision) so they look like a god. 

How can you guys criticize players who have never even played here yet? It's hilarious.