Raiders place Tanner Muse on IR

bucksavage1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The numbers are all gravy but I want to see who we actually draft with the pick before I am willing to write it off as a waste. 

Point is if we make the trade with Miami before we make the pick we get a 2021 2nd rounder instead of a 4th.  You can not say the player will be trash but Jimkelly02 is right that it is wasted draft capital.

Cable could've made some of the decisions on some of the picks when we didn't draft a single offensive lineman in the 2019 draft? Makes sense. 

Sorry 2018.  And it was a joke.  Not funny he had a say in 2018 but I am pretty sure Mayock would excuse Cable from the big boy table if he showed up on draft day and told Mayock who he was going to draft.

Edited by drfrey13

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Point is if we make the trade with Miami before we make the pick we get a 2021 2nd rounder instead of a 4th.  You can not say the player will be trash but Jimkelly02 is right that it is wasted draft capital.

There literally isn't a single organization in the league that hits on every pick. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mayock wasn't the GM in 2018. 

I know he was not.  That is why I said Mayock would tell him to leave.  In 2018 Mayock was not here and that is why we traded up in the third to take a small school LT and decided he was our future RT after he struggled with a step up in college competition at his comfortable LT spot.  The joke is that with out Mayock Gruden allows his O-line coach to make decisions on early round picks.  The jokes are not as funny if I have to explain them or maybe they are just not funny.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There literally isn't a single organization in the league that hits on every pick. 

Very true point but I like my chances of success with a 2nd round pick over a 4th.  Miami's 2nd pick this year could have netted a talent like Jonathan Taylor or Cam Akers, first 2 RBs taken after their 2nd pick, instead of Joshua Kelley or La'Mical Perine which were the first 2 RBs taken after their 4th pick.  Nobody knows who will be the best out of the 4 but if I had to bet it would be the first 2.  The GMs job is to increase the likelihood of team success by given the coach the greatest amount of talent to work with.  You do that by obtaining players whose perceived talent is the highest.  Therefore you want the higher draft picks to decrease the chances another team takes them before you do by having higher draft picks.  I know you understand this.  No team in trade negotiations ever says "I do not want that first pick.  I prefer a 3rd because we are much better at drafting on day 2."  They would ask for a 2nd, 3rd, and another 2nd the next year if they really did not want a first.  A solo home run or 3 singles still scores a run.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Very true point but I like my chances of success with a 2nd round pick over a 4th.  Miami's 2nd pick this year could have netted a talent like Jonathan Taylor or Cam Akers, first 2 RBs taken after their 2nd pick, instead of Joshua Kelley or La'Mical Perine which were the first 2 RBs taken after their 4th pick. 

How often have we seen a team trade a 3rd round pick for a future 2nd round pick though? 

How often have we seen a team trade a 3rd round pick for a future 2nd round pick though? 

I am not saying it happens all the time but rather that is what the value is.  Normally you see a trade sown like our 3rd for their 4th and a future 3rd.  You see 2nds traded for future 1sts a lot more often.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our rookie class just had one of the best years for a rookie class in the history of the NFL. And we were in playoff contention all the way until week 17 despite being one of the youngest teams in the league. We've gotten younger and more athletic across the board. No one was criticizing Mayock until we traded 

he also had the greatest amount of draft capital in recent memory to get that class.

if he didn’t draft Crosby I see nothing special about that class after year 1.  
it was a nice draft class don’t get me wrong but it’s not like outside of Crosby we had any massive steals.