Week 5: Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams

showtime

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

GG guys slug fest like always..

we need to get back to being nasty like we use to though.. with that said! Showtime reuses the same undies every day without washing them. 

Sounds like a good way to save money.

BTW, I still believe Rawls is the best RB on the team. I really dont understand why Lacy got the bulk of the carries until the last drive. Carson had success on half a cut and go. Lacy seems to think is 2K8 and spams the Circle/L1 button. He has too much twinkle in the toes to be consistently successful behind this line. Rawls has the skill set to get yards behind this line. I wonder if they are slowly easing TR back in, save him for the second half? Or am I the fool for believing in Rawls still?

36 minutes ago, animaltested said:

BTW, I still believe Rawls is the best RB on the team. I really dont understand why Lacy got the bulk of the carries until the last drive. Carson had success on half a cut and go. Lacy seems to think is 2K8 and spams the Circle/L1 button. He has too much twinkle in the toes to be consistently successful behind this line. Rawls has the skill set to get yards behind this line. I wonder if they are slowly easing TR back in, save him for the second half? Or am I the fool for believing in Rawls still?

I didn't think either was impressive tonight. I'd use McKissic more. Obviously, with his size, you can't run him 20 times a game. I'd be more inclined to use Rawls than Lazy because Rawls seems to have more burst, but neither looks like they're the answer.

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

Seems like Seattle finally obtained some of the that voodoo magic the Rams have been using for the last 8 or so years. This game was pretty much a completely opposite of all those screwy games at the Lame Dome in StL. I loved every second of it.

Honestly, while I'm angry we lost, this is actually reassuring to me. This was a ridiculously flukey game. Zuerlein misses around one FG per year inside 40 yards. The Rams fumble out of the end-zone for a touchback once per year max. An open Kupp dropping a pass in the end-zone seems like it'll be a rare occurrence, and Goff throwing a pick on a screen pass also seems like a pretty rare occurrence. All four happened today. If any of the four don't happen, the Rams probably pull out the win. That makes me feel like we were the better team, and that's reassuring. We lost, but we still have 11 games to go, and I don't see us playing as bad as we did in this one again. That makes me feel like we actually have a solid chance to make the playoffs this year.

We made so many flukey errors today, and we still had the game-winning TD in our most reliable WR's hands with 8 seconds left. That says a lot about how far this team has come. If this were the Fisher Rams making all those mistakes, y'all would have beaten us by three TDs.

The Seahawks can't execute run plays in general, but for some reason Carroll is insisting on the run to open the offense up, playing up to the Seahawks offensive weakness. The RB doesn't matter much, which is why I agree with jrry, the Seahawks should use more HB with WR skillset.

On ideal OL conditions I think healthy Rawls is the Seahawks best back, though.

9 hours ago, brazilianguy said:

The Seahawks can't execute run plays in general, but for some reason Carroll is insisting on the run to open the offense up, playing up to the Seahawks offensive weakness. The RB doesn't matter much, which is why I agree with jrry, the Seahawks should use more HB with WR skillset.

On ideal OL conditions I think healthy Rawls is the Seahawks best back, though.

If CJ wasnt made out of tissue paper glass, id imagine he would be the feature back right now. 

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Honestly, while I'm angry we lost, this is actually reassuring to me. This was a ridiculously flukey game. Zuerlein misses around one FG per year inside 40 yards. The Rams fumble out of the end-zone for a touchback once per year max. An open Kupp dropping a pass in the end-zone seems like it'll be a rare occurrence, and Goff throwing a pick on a screen pass also seems like a pretty rare occurrence. All four happened today. If any of the four don't happen, the Rams probably pull out the win. That makes me feel like we were the better team, and that's reassuring. We lost, but we still have 11 games to go, and I don't see us playing as bad as we did in this one again. That makes me feel like we actually have a solid chance to make the playoffs this year.

We made so many flukey errors today, and we still had the game-winning TD in our most reliable WR's hands with 8 seconds left. That says a lot about how far this team has come. If this were the Fisher Rams making all those mistakes, y'all would have beaten us by three TDs.

No doubt. Rams have the talent on both sides of the ball to do so. Gonna come down to Goff and his growth though. I understand Seattle has a habit of making QBs look worse than they are, but Goff had spotty accuracy and seemed hesitant throughout the game, even as the Rams oline did a really good job keeping him clean. He made some phenomenal throws, but he made significantly more poor throws that stalled a lot of drives. I think that is why the gameplan focused mostly on putting Austin in motion, and working opening underneath stuff (Though that is the best way to beat the Hawks defense). The Sheldon INT was fluky, but the Earl INT was a terrible throw. Talent is there no question, but still got some growing to do if he is gonna lead the Rams into January. Just my amateur third-rate outside opinion though.

15 hours ago, animaltested said:

No doubt. Rams have the talent on both sides of the ball to do so. Gonna come down to Goff and his growth though. I understand Seattle has a habit of making QBs look worse than they are, but Goff had spotty accuracy and seemed hesitant throughout the game, even as the Rams oline did a really good job keeping him clean. He made some phenomenal throws, but he made significantly more poor throws that stalled a lot of drives. I think that is why the gameplan focused mostly on putting Austin in motion, and working opening underneath stuff (Though that is the best way to beat the Hawks defense). The Sheldon INT was fluky, but the Earl INT was a terrible throw. Talent is there no question, but still got some growing to do if he is gonna lead the Rams into January. Just my amateur third-rate outside opinion though.

The Earl Int wasn't really a throw. His arm got hit as he was releasing it. That's why it was a duck into no man's land. Goff had his worst game of the year, but a big part of that was McVay going away from our strengths. At the end of the day, he still moved the ball the length of the field in less than 70 seconds against the Seahawks and gave us a chance to win the game in the final seconds. That mattered to me more than anything else. He didn't let a bad game shake his confidence.

Archived