Mario 3D All-Stars (Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Galaxy)

showtime

6414104_sd.jpg

The compilation will feature high-definition ports of Super Mario 64 (1996), Super Mario Sunshine (2002), and Super Mario Galaxy (2007).  The cost is $60 for all three games.  Here's the kicker....

The collection will release on September 18, 2020, and will only be available for a limited time in both physical and downloadable versions through March 31, 2021.

I love Nintendo. But they make some of the most idiotic decisions. I can't figure out why this is limited. Surely the FOMO sales up front won't outweigh the longevity a title like this would hold. I have no clue why the Mario 35 battle royal game is going to disappear either. It just makes zero sense.

A redditor found a hidden page on the 35th anniversary site with dates. Looks like covid delayed all this stuff by 5 months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I love Nintendo. But they make some of the most idiotic decisions. I can't figure out why this is limited. Surely the FOMO sales up front won't outweigh the longevity a title like this would hold. I have no clue why the Mario 35 battle royal game is going to disappear either. It just makes zero sense.

A redditor found a hidden page on the 35th anniversary site with dates. Looks like covid delayed all this stuff by 5 months.

Very likely would've been revealed in march with some of the bonus stuff saved for June/E3/The Tokyo Olympics.

Covid royally screwed nintendo this year more than most game developers because it screwed their entire year of mario thing.

But also the limited thing is something they've done in the past.

They're making all of this stuff limited to create artificial scarcity.  This is essentially forcing people to buy this game within a time window or they will never have access to it again.  It also forces people to purchase a Switch if they want these games.  It's a scummy thing to do.  With that said, I'll be buying as well lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Xmad said:

They're HD upscaled ports with HD textures.

Nintendo prioritized the original style more than uptouching anything.

If this was any developer but Nintendo this reasoning wouldn't hold up. From the looks of these they are basically cheap ports more then remasters which is disappointing. I will still be getting it because I think those three games are worth 60 but Nintendo really doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. They get away with some scummy cheap practices more so then EA or Activision and fan boys just smile. 

Edited by Spartacus

6 hours ago, Spartacus said:

If this was any developer but Nintendo this reasoning wouldn't hold up. From the looks of these they are basically cheap ports more then remasters which is disappointing. I will still be getting it because I think those three games are worth 60 but Nintendo really doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. They get away with some scummy cheap practices more so then EA or Activision and fan boys just smile. 

That's just blatant b.s aside from charging $60 for ports and and their mobile games division. EA and Activison have actual micro-transactions and b.s in their $60 games. 

Dude this is the definitive way to play more Mario, when has Nintendo every cheaped out on a mario game that wasn't a sports game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished 64 and Sunshine so far. 

64 definitely felt aged. The camera was super frustrating at times, and Mario is a bit slippery to control. 

I think that Sunshine is a really underrated game. Mario is just really fun to move and the camera is a lot better. The game actually looks really good as well. There are some super frustrating levels, but I was able to "complete" the game (I ended with 60-something Shines). 

I'll play Galaxy next, which I've never played before. 

22 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Finished 64 and Sunshine so far. 

64 definitely felt aged. The camera was super frustrating at times, and Mario is a bit slippery to control. 

I think that Sunshine is a really underrated game. Mario is just really fun to move and the camera is a lot better. The game actually looks really good as well. There are some super frustrating levels, but I was able to "complete" the game (I ended with 60-something Shines). 

I'll play Galaxy next, which I've never played before. 

I bought this game cause my gf loved Galaxy (I did too) and she wanted to play it again. I can't believe they didn't fix the camera issues on 64, I've never played more than a few mins of it at a friends house. I really wanted to play that but just can't get myself to start