The Cam Deal is Finished

MOSteelers56

I like Juju, but Id be beyond upset if we resigned him before Watt.

Watt needs to be the priority.   Id cut Ben next offseason before I let Watt walk.     

We are much better at replacing WRs than...well, ANYONE on defense.    

• Like 1

With Dupree we have Highsmith, Conner we have Snell, and JuJu we have Claypool. I bet their plan is to see which young players they are most confident in going into 2021 as full time starters to decide on who to re-sign. Then again, we could lose all 3 if the cap doesn’t go up.

If Dulac is right about another contract coming I think it’s Feiler. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

43 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

With Dupree we have Highsmith, Conner we have Snell, and JuJu we have Claypool. I bet their plan is to see which young players they are most confident in going into 2021 as full time starters to decide on who to re-sign. Then again, we could lose all 3 if the cap doesn’t go up.

You’re already looking at your LT and LG being FAs and at worst your swing OT in Banner all FAs...I seriously doubt they wanna lose more than 1 of them.

4 things will happen next offseason...Ben will get another extension creating cap room(as long as he doesn’t suck)...DeCastro will get an extension...Heyward will restructure deal and one of Vance/Ebron is most likely gone due to high cap hits.

I would be amazed if another long term deal gets done and it’s not either an OL or Sutton(Hilton probably gone in FA)

12 hours ago, 43M said:

I like Juju, but Id be beyond upset if we resigned him before Watt.

Watt needs to be the priority.   Id cut Ben next offseason before I let Watt walk.     

We are much better at replacing WRs than...well, ANYONE on defense.    

Normally I would agree with everything, but from what I have seen Ben has been throwing the ball as good as he ever has, maybe even better? Still, it's a no brainer, Watt gets his deal, and if that means JuJu is gone then too bad. If Claypool really breaks out, maybe they trade JuJu, but I would rather pass on mediocre draft picks and keep him to win this year. Too bad JuJu has had the injuries, I used to think it wouldn't happen to him but it can to anyone. 

10 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

This makes sense and I like this approach.  This team has reserves in case of injury and thats important.  I never thought I would think this way about a colbert roster considering what happened over the years.  Especially the secondary being repaired by UFA, as I thought he was going to be stubborn and keep trying to draft but he woke up and look at how much better the defence was last year and they were always in close games since the offence was bad. 

If a new deal gets done, I am thinking Feiler or Sutton too. It better not be hilton.

Watts not going anywhere, but there was never a chance he was signing this offseason anyway. Between his 5th year and the tag (which I’m sure they would avoid) there is a ton of time to get his deal done and it’s still until 2022 until his money really get big anyway.

But with Hopkins about to re-up, that wide receiver number is going to get stupid in a hurry. The tag was just under $18M this year and will probably be closer to $20M next year with Allen and Hopkins done. JuJu on that number as a tag is unworkable in an offseason with limited cap growth or a decline.

He can still probably be had between $14m-$17M, which would be a really good deal at this stage. Sign now when his price tag is the best and we have the most leverage, have the flexibility to maneuver his cap number, and lock up the 23 year old (second youngest receiver on the team) with one pro-bowl caliber year, one plus year, and one year ravaged by injury Duck/Rudolph. 

The tag is an unreasonable thought with JuJu next season and I would be terrified of waiting till next offseason to negotiation a long term deal. There is a REALLY good chance JuJu has a year like 1 and 2 and with 3 plus years in 4 at age 24....free agency is going to be a delight with numbers in the $20m range happening with regularity. 

Sign JuJu now, get the best rate you are going to get, have the flexibility to rework the deal next year to find cap savings in a tight cap year, keep the core of JuJu, DJ, and Claypool for 4 more years until DJs money will hit (and the cap explodes - and JuJu is still only like 28). I get JuJu isn’t AB, but letting a really good 23 year old receiver walk Isn’t something I would be high on. 

• Like 1