GDT 9/13/20 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Cleveland Browns

DreamKid

September 13th, 2020 1:00 PM(ET)

matchup-ravens-vs-browns.jpg

Streak Watch

- The Ravens haven't lost a home opener since 2015, 4-0 since then, with a combined total score of 139 to 20.

Points of interest

6P3M4TG66VCZHI52R7VLMOLMZE.jpg

- Ravens have retained nearly everyone from the dominant 2019 squad, coaches and players alike. Some big losses must be accounted for though. Future HOFer Marshal Yanda hung em up in the offseason, an irreplaceable loss. And Earl Thomas, firmly in the process of destroying his work & private life, was booted from the team- another substantial loss. Their fill ins will need to be monitored closely. Oft injured but flashy hype machine DeShon "Joker"(Cringe) Elliot steps in for Thomas at FS, and someone from the pool of Skura, Mekari, Phillips, Fluker, or Powers will now start at RG. Hopefully both positions stabilize going forward and don't become lingering issues for the 2020 Season. Keep a sharp eye out.

blr1598793904.jpg

- More interesting than who we lost, is who we've added. EDC wasn't playing games in his quest to revamp the front 7 and injected some serious talent right away. The prize of the new faces being Calais Campbell. A top 5 DL in the league, who boasts both elite run stopping ability and a monstrous inside/outside pass rush skill set. He could turn in one of the best seasons ever from a Ravens' DI. Then you have Derrick Wolfe, Justin Madubuike, Patrick Queen, and Malik Harrison. All current or future upgrades over their 2019 counterparts. Combined with an EDGE group that should much improved as well, this is a unit that could turn some heads in 2020. Nick Chubb & Kareem Hunt will serve as good an opening day test as any tandem in the league. Run defense was seen as a weakness last year- let's see how it looks now.

ANT47ITWWJFE3HA62D334REB5Q.jpg

- The star of 2019 and this franchise for the foreseeable future is reigning MVP Lamar Jackson. His evolution and progression surpassed all fans' expectations. Lamar has displayed a phenom like ability to quickly force his will upon the league and all of our opponents. He will be the lead story before and after every opening day so long as he wears the Purple & Black. And just what will 2020 Lamar Jackson look like? We've added an early round back in JK Dobbins. Hollywood 2.0 has every Raven fan hyped. Already dominant Mark Andrews is in the best shape of his life. Boykin & Snead seem improved from 2019. And additions like Duvernay offer intriguing impact. Lamar will be missing efficency dynamos Yanda & Hurst, but he's not short on talent around him and seems to make said talent outperform their "On-Paper" expectations every time. Opening day could set the pace for another historic year from our young superstar.

Quick Hits/Don't Sleep On

- Return of Tavon Young

- Humphrey & Peters vs the two hoes 

- Jimmy's usage

- HB touches, Who will get what?

- Defensive personnel, how will Safety line up look on money downs?

- Ricard at TE3

- New Wrinkles on Offense and new Winkles on Defense

- KR/PR

- Can the EDGE group make good on the best DI unit pairing they've had?

• Like 1

I hope we win, but I would not be surprised if we lose. We have a good to great team - still too many questionmarks/unproven players who have to take a leap to make us a complete team.

Looking at the Browns, we could argue they have multiple position groups better than ours. Do they have roster chemistry and an understanding of the new system? That is going to be key in the first matchup.

It scares me that the Browns have lost something like 14 straight week 1 games. You would think the law of averages would come into play at some point and they’d pull one out lol.

I just hope they’re playing the tape of the week 4 game last year all around the facility this week...hopefully they don’t come out and take these guys lightly.

51 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Really really really want us to win this game. I think it’ll be tougher than the spread indicates. Might sprinkle a little on the Browns ML. Gotta come out firing and punch them in the mouth. 

Yeah i’m for sure throwing like $20/30 on Browns moneyline...i’m seeing +290. We win, I won’t care I lost $30. We lose, damn, but here’s an extra $87 to pocket and go get crabs with or something lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i’m for sure throwing like $20/30 on Browns moneyline...i’m seeing +290. We win, I won’t care I lost $30. We lose, damn, but here’s an extra $87 to pocket and go get crabs with or something lol

The ole hedge the happiness. Worked out well when I put $100 on the Titans unfortunately 

• Like 1

The fact of the matter is this, the Ravens have improved greatly on defense. The offense is in "Yet to be determined" mode for me, but in spite of all of this, they are still the Browns. And because they're the Browns, they will be dealt with. Don't care what the Browns got going on over there because it won't be enough. The homegirls gonna be homeschooled by my mans Mp Juiceman and friends.

Browns 14 - Ravens 35

In the words of my mans @Ray Reed TAKE CARE, TRASH! Let's go!

P.S - That's never not gonna be funny icon_lol.gif

• Like 2

It’s difficult to really know what this game will look like because we don’t know much about Stefanski’s scheme will look with their current personnel. Obviously it’s a ZBS outside stretch type of run scheme in MN. Will that be how they plan to attack our defense, along the edges? If there is a weakness to our run defense it might be the run contain element.

If the Browns can’t get the running game going however, their PA will be less effective and we should be able to much more easily contain their offense.

On the other side, they’ve got issues at LB and I think many teams will get an awakening to the greatness of JK Dobbins. I don’t expect him to shrink, I anticipate Ingram abusing through their front 7 and then when they clamp down, we feed Dobbins for a few long gains. He can get his from inside or out, run game or pass attack. I bet Lamar toasts then on outlet passes to Dobbins for easy passing yards... and if they sell out on Dobbins they give him too much space to destroy.

If Baker looks more like 2018, I expect a close game that we win. If he looks more like 2019, I think we roll. Either way we’ll be quickly finding out what quality of coach Stefanski is real quick based on how prepared their squad looks to play.

13 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

It scares me that the Browns have lost something like 14 straight week 1 games. You would think the law of averages would come into play at some point and they’d pull one out lol.

I just hope they’re playing the tape of the week 4 game last year all around the facility this week...hopefully they don’t come out and take these guys lightly.

Pretty sure the last home opener we won, 300 years ago was against you guys 😈

The Browns' win over us last season, that their fans loved so much, was actually a catalyst for significant improvement to our own squad. Tough games and even rougher losses can ultimately emerge as a blessing for good teams. 

I hope they do give us a fight. This team needs to be blooded early with no Preseason work and an altered TC offering such a soft start to the year. We play the defending champs in like 20 days, no handouts are needed for this squad. Let's go get it out of the mud.