DreamKid

GDT 9/13/20 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Cleveland Browns

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Malik Harrison had one of the most egregious errors on the day, failing to set the edge on a big Nick Chubb run(lined up at SAM IIRC). Yet he has a 74.7 grade. Compare that to- Marcus Peters- 52.9 Marlon Humphrey- 59.0 Calais Campbell- 73.2 Tyus Bowser- 60.1 Patrick Queen- 45.9 Chuck Clark- 61.4 Matt Judon- 56.4. It's just weird. 

Harrison was making plays though. If that’s the play that I remember, Calais Campbell was a late substitution and that messed that entire play up. I don’t think Campbell was playing the appropriate gap there. I’d bet that put a damper on Campbell’s grade as well.

Though I can’t defend most of those grades, particularly Humphrey’s.

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Harrison was making plays though. If that’s the play that I remember, Calais Campbell was a late substitution and that messed that entire play up. I don’t think Campbell was playing the appropriate gap there. I’d bet that put a damper on Campbell’s grade as well.

Though I can’t defend most of those grades, particularly Humphrey’s.

Malik had a big pass deflection that should've led to a Chuck Clark pick. Really impressive moment for the Rookie LB. I'm not trying to dog his grade so much as I'm just pointing out how odd other grades look in comparison. 

• Like 1

If Chuck Clark catches that tipped ball like he should have, then both of our Rookie LBs would've created turnovers. Queen off his FF and Malik off his PD, pretty impressive for young players with zero experience. 

Broderick Washington also impressed. His power and leverage flashed, but it was also the motor to go affect that screen pass that I really enjoyed seeing. We shouldn't start any hype train just yet, but it was nice to be surprised by some of his play. It's obvious there will be plenty of snaps for Madubuike to walk into as well. Wink was a rotating MFer and you saw pass rush packages we fielded where it looked like Brandon Williams was clearly standing in for Madubuike. 

• Like 1

For how aggressive he is, Deshon Elliot is actually pretty disciplined with his strikes. A trait he's carrying over from his Texas days. Hard to see him not getting flagged for targeting at some point during the year though. 

We now have a lot of young big energy players roaming the defense. Already in Game 1 you saw that trio of Marlon, PQ, and Elliot feeding off of each other. Tavon was hyped too. Then you have Peters, Judon, and McPhee talking S%&T every snap. And finally you have our more stoic leadership consisting of Clark, Campbell, and Williams. An interesting blend of personalities that feels like a throwback to our defenses of old.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

For how aggressive he is, Deshon Elliot is actually pretty disciplined with his strikes. A trait he's carrying over from his Texas days. Hard to see him not getting flagged for targeting at some point during the year though. 

We now have a lot of young big energy players roaming the defense. Already in Game 1 you saw that trio of Marlon, PQ, and Elliot feeding off of each other. Tavon was hyped too. Then you have Peters, Judon, and McPhee talking S%&T every snap. And finally you have our more stoic leadership consisting of Clark, Campbell, and Williams. An interesting blend of personalities that feels like a throwback to our defenses of old.

So you're saying Organized Chaos might return in a lite form? If yes, I'm here for it and will take it! 😂

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If the defense is ever to get to a somewhat similar level to organized chaos, the underrated aspect that will need to find a way to thrive is Tyus Bowser. He’s the most obvious option that would be comparable in skillset to what Adalius Thomas provided. Hyper athlete that can both pass rush and be great in coverage situations.

He got a sack, TFL, and a PD... but he’ll need to have a greater impact as this season moves forward for this defense to take the next step.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

He got a sack, TFL, and a PD... but he’ll need to have a greater impact as this season moves forward for this defense to take the next step.

He also drew a holding penalty when he beat Jedrick Willis inside bad, and if not for that he has 2 Sacks on the day.

Career high in snaps too IIRC. Solid start for young Bowser.

• Like 1