GDT 9/13/20 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Cleveland Browns

DreamKid

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Dobbins will probably get some carries here and there early, but the more we get up on the Browns the more he should start to take over touches. With no Preseason opportunity, Harbaugh will want to get him work while simultaneously resting 30+ Vet Mark Ingram's legs. - If you're looking for fantasy advice. 

I'm not confident in predicting any larger of a role for JK than that at this point, at least for Week 1. 

Oh no not fantasy. He is in my dynasty league as depth though (it’s not scored like a fantasy league) and was just wondering after hearing everything about him in camp why he was listed at 4th.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Dobbins will probably get some carries here and there early, but the more we get up on the Browns the more he should start to take over touches. With no Preseason opportunity, Harbaugh will want to get him work while simultaneously resting 30+ Vet Mark Ingram's legs. - If you're looking for fantasy advice. 

I'm not confident in predicting any larger of a role for JK than that at this point, at least for Week 1. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dobbins eased in a bit more than that even. If we amass a lead, I could see week 1 having the Lion's share go to Edwards. First, he just doesn't lose yards, so he's a great run the clock option with Lamar. Second, having Dobbins come on strong down the stretch with something approaching fresh legs down the stretch would be a boon. While I agree with the idea of running RBs as much as possible on their rookie deal, you also don't want him hitting a rookie wall.

Honestly, my fantasy advice is avoid the Ravens RB group unless they're insane values.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I assume you're talking about the depth chart that was put out?

It's meaningless. It's created by the Media/PR staff and they simply put veterans or returning starters ahead of the others. As a Rookie, Dobbins gets shuffled in last.

There's freak outs over that depth chart every season, but we're all vets in this forum and know it's valueless. 

Saw some hilarious twitter reactions on this front with just about every even remotely respected member of the Ravens twitter community trying to talk sense into people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dobbins eased in a bit more than that even. If we amass a lead, I could see week 1 having the Lion's share go to Edwards. First, he just doesn't lose yards, so he's a great run the clock option with Lamar. Second, having Dobbins come on strong down the stretch with something approaching fresh legs down the stretch would be a boon. While I agree with the idea of running RBs as much as possible on their rookie deal, you also don't want him hitting a rookie wall.

I would agree with this totally, but I think they're anxious to see what they have in Dobbins. Both as a runner and receiver. So I see some designed and creative looks in there for him. Similar to what Justice Hill got early last season too. Then again with the COVID effect, they might just want to really slow roll all new players. lol Everything is super hard to predict right now.

47 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Honestly, my fantasy advice is avoid the Ravens RB group unless they're insane values.

This. 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/04/cbs-axes-nfl-analyst-dan-fouts-replaces-him-with-charles-davis-for-the-2020-season-report.html

^I missed one of the greatest transactions of the offseason. Looking forward to this season even more now.

We should not underestimate how important this is for our viewing pleasure. Never figured out why Dan Fouts hates us so much

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/04/cbs-axes-nfl-analyst-dan-fouts-replaces-him-with-charles-davis-for-the-2020-season-report.html

^I missed one of the greatest transactions of the offseason. Looking forward to this season even more now.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

We should not underestimate how important this is for our viewing pleasure. Never figured out why Dan Fouts hates us so much

Not sure if this expressed linkage was made, but Ian Eagle / Charles Davis are the broadcast team for our game this weekend.

Bulletin board.

P.S. what’s with Browns players and ish talking Lamar...remember when Damarious Randall got abused by Lamar in the run game week 17 2018, then tweeted “but can he block 🤣🤣🤣” on a tweet of us drafting Hollywood last year? 

All Lamar did was go out and lead the league in TD passes lol.