GDT 9/13/20 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Cleveland Browns

DreamKid

On 9/10/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ray Reed said:

Bulletin board.

P.S. what’s with Browns players and ish talking Lamar...remember when Damarious Randall got abused by Lamar in the run game week 17 2018, then tweeted “but can he block 🤣🤣🤣” on a tweet of us drafting Hollywood last year? 

All Lamar did was go out and lead the league in TD passes lol.

if there was a browns safety that got abused in that wk17 games in '18, it was Peppers.

Also dont think that tweet is that bad. That reporter is a joke. She will spin what players say out of context.

I assume it was more so Richardson talking about how Jackson is not going to sit back there like he is rodgers. That isnt Jackson's or the Ravens' MO.

Honestly if the Ravens want to treat Jackson like he is Rodgers and abandon the run, I would be all for it lol

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

if there was a browns safety that got abused in that wk17 games in '18, it was Peppers.

Also dont think that tweet is that bad. That reporter is a joke. She will spin what players say out of context.

I assume it was more so Richardson talking about how Jackson is not going to sit back there like he is rodgers. That isnt Jackson's or the Ravens' MO.

Honestly if the Ravens want to treat Jackson like he is Rodgers and abandon the run, I would be all for it lol

Lol yeah, the last time that happened was against TEN so I'd rather us not do that either tbh

And about the reporter that doesn't surprise me sadly, sports beat writers do that so much nowadays just to drum up headlines

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Lol yeah, the last time that happened was against TEN so I'd rather us not do that either tbh

And about the reporter that doesn't surprise me sadly, sports beat writers do that so much nowadays just to drum up headlines

Tons of people can't stand Mary Kay Cabot. She's a terrible beat reporter.

Richardson's comments were sorta taken out of context. He was repeatedly asked about Lamar again and again and what he expected them to do even after he said Lamar is 'videogame good', saying it's like playing Madden.. Still could've been worded better with the Aaron Rodgers bit, but his point was that he expected the Ravens to play to their strengths and run the ball.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

Tons of people can't stand Mary Kay Cabot. She's a terrible beat reporter.

Richardson's comments were sorta taken out of context. He was repeatedly asked about Lamar again and again and what he expected them to do even after he said Lamar is 'videogame good', saying it's like playing Madden.. Still could've been worded better with the Aaron Rodgers bit, but his point was that he expected the Ravens to play to their strengths and run the ball.

Yea, I hate when reporters keep fishing for a headline phrase about an opponent from a young less prominent player.

18 hours ago, drd23 said:

Madubuike's been out for about 3 weeks now, hasn't he

Two weeks.

I remember in that thread stating that Madubuike had a shot for week one but should be ready for week 2 for sure based on Harbaugh’s comments. He said it’s not day to day, but not a long term week to week issue. Said it should be a couple of weeks. Which optimistically at his word would’ve put Madubuike at availability for this game. A hyper-extension (most likely occurrence from happening within a pile) definitely fits the bill of something that fits that time breakdown. Hard to assume with a hyper extension just how long it will take for the damage to completely heal and be at a point where you’re not risking further injury (ligament tear).

Its quite possible that Madubuike is already in a good spot health wise but the team is just bringing him back slowly to make double sure he’s good to go. We have the DL depth where we don’t HAVE to put him out there if there’s even a slight chance of reinjury.

I forgot the Browns let Joe Schobert go. He actually had some strong moments against us.

I suspect they'll commit a lot of resources to trying to halt Mark Andrews, and they'll have to. In general, when I look at their defense I don't see strong options to take away or stop what we do best. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I forgot the Browns let Joe Schobert go. He actually had some strong moments against us.

I suspect they'll commit a lot of resources to trying to halt Mark Andrews, and they'll have to. In general, when I look at their defense I don't see strong options to take away or stop what we do best. 

Yup. I’m excited because all that attention going to Andrews and Lamar will likely leave JK Dobbins free to absolutely feast on outlet passes on 3rd down.

17 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Page 2...apparently our defense wasn’t good last year. News to me.

I was going to give whoever said that the benefit of the doubt because the defense from when they beat us in Week 4 last year was very different to the one from later in the season (Jeff Zrebiec pointed out there were 7 starters on D in that game that aren't even on the roster any more), but it turns out he apparently doesn't understand stats very well

• Like 1

Browns with all respect has some high upside with the pieces they brought in on the oline, the wide receiver group and the maybe best RB tandem in the league. Of course they can win, it wouldn't be that huge of a surprise.

I still think Ravens fans are "allowed" to be optimistic. We have questionmarks at free safety, inside linebacker, we have two new faces on the dline, we have to replace the goat on offense, and we have to prove we can win the same way in year 2 with Lamar as a starter. BUT, we are a young team outside of the dline so we should expect players to also take a leap and  minimize the gap at wide receiver, where Brown, Boykin and Andrews have the potential to be a dominant trio in the league.

Just finished rewatching our first game against the Browns last year. 

What a complete sh*t show that was. That had to have been Tony Jeffersons worst game of his career, my goodness. Just horrendous. 

Looking forward to righting that wrong once again. Big questions everyone is looking forward to answering today is. 

- How will the O-Line look minus GOAT Yanda? 

- How will the new front 7 perform? 

- Joker Elliot as a starting safety. 

I'm just happy it's GAMEDAY. Enjoy, folks!