Week 1 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, oldman9er said:

you may be trying a bit too hard and too soon, lol

Stay put, Aaron!

It's not a knock on him...I just really think he is what he is. I don't think he's great...I think he's average and I think he get a nice boost from Shanny. He's not overwhelming, he's not underwhelming....he's just whelming.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure...but take the receivers out of the equation...just watch Jimmy....how often does he strike you as more than, "eh...."

If you take Shanny away from Jimmy G, and give Derek Carr Jimmy G, who's the better quarterback? 

I don't know. I'm not sure Shanahan fixes Derek Carr's always on script mentality...even if it's 4th down with time ticking and the game is almost over. Don't think Jimmy ever throws the ball away on 4th down that's for sure. 

Jimmy floats around top ten in most QB overall rankings. Yeah I'd like to have someone better, but he's not holding the team back. Certainly not something to get depressed about. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Forge said:

It's not a knock on him...I just really think he is what he is. I don't think he's great...I think he's average and I think he get a nice boost from Shanny. He's not overwhelming, he's not underwhelming....he's just whelming.

I understand what you mean. 

All I mean is. WEEK ONE. QUARTER ONE. Garbage WRs. 

Maybe we should wait to see how his season progresses just a bit.  😜

• Like 2