Week 1 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He had a rough sequence for two plays and then came right back and was involved his tackle on the third one, I was pretty happy with that effort. I need to watch the condensed game though to really dig on it, I had some glitchiness. 

Yeah, I'm waiting for the coaches film to be available. But watching last night, I thought he played better than Solly and Givens. Armstead actually had a disappointing game along with Ford. Those two can be better. Our defense for the most part was fine though. Late in the game they got gassed but the penalties were brutal. Extended two drives, one that led to a TD. 

Would like to see Moseley play with more confidence. He played similar vs Julio last year where he gave just too much respect. Some dime looks I think I saw Ahkello in the game. Saleh was getting a little creative using his DBs. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for the coaches film to be available. But watching last night, I thought he played better than Solly and Givens. Armstead actually had a disappointing game along with Ford. Those two can be better. Our defense for the most part was fine though. Late in the game they got gassed but the penalties were brutal. Extended two drives, one that led to a TD. 

Would like to see Moseley play with more confidence. He played similar vs Julio last year where he gave just too much respect. Some dime looks I think I saw Ahkello in the game. Saleh was getting a little creative using his DBs. 

He had Sherm moving around a bit too. Curious to see how much we embrace that moving forward. 

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The thing ppl fail to realize in regards to weapons is you have to have the talent at QB to make it all come together. Mahomes can make every throw under the sun and then some. He has the arm talent and vision to utilize every inch of the field. With a QB like that it makes absolute sense to add pieces around him to absolutely terrorize defenses. 

Jimmy? I mean does anybody believe he could do the same with those same weapons? I don't. Don't even think it be close. He'd put up some good numbers and probably be one of the better offenses in the league. But they wouldn't be the juggernaut that they are because Jimmy is not the QB Mahomes is...not even close. 

People keep harping about the lack of weapons we have. I don't see it. Like I mentioned in a previous post, we have what Jimmy needs. We have what suits his skillset best. To ask him to have what Mahomes or Brees has isn't taking into account the type of QB he is currently.

Oh for sure. That offense with Jimmy instead of Mahomes is that offense with Alex Smith. Still very good. not the same. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He had Sherm moving around a bit too. Curious to see how much we embrace that moving forward. 

Yep, Sherm played both sides but I want to see if eventually he gives him the #1 responsibility. I doubt it with the way our scheme works, but you can't just let Hopkins go off like that. No big plays aside from the coverage breakdown at the end, but need to cover him better. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, Sherm played both sides but I want to see if eventually he gives him the #1 responsibility. I doubt it with the way our scheme works, but you can't just let Hopkins go off like that. No big plays aside from the coverage breakdown at the end, but need to cover him better. 

Did you see who was responsible for the broken coverage on the hop TD? I haven't had a chance 

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Pass Rush seemed nonexistent yesterday.....hope that gets back to 2019 form soon

Work in progress. The Ford thing was weird, but the interior will take time to find their groove. I saw AA doing a good job peeling off blocks at times, didn't see him blowing anything up. But his awareness was good

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Pass Rush seemed nonexistent yesterday.....hope that gets back to 2019 form soon

Hard to judge the pass-rush against Murray because you can't just pin your ears back and go. Have to rush in levels and have to keep eyes on him so wouldn't be fair to judge the pass-rush based on yesterday. Now if we cant either Darnold or Jones on the ground fairly often the next two weeks then it might be time to ask questions.

Havent seen the coaches film yet but I will say Kinlaw flashed some from what I saw. That's a really good sign for his first game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Did you see who was responsible for the broken coverage on the hop TD? I haven't had a chance 

I haven't yet. Didn't get to the 4th quarter. But that was just terrible communication. I wonder if one of the backers could have picked Hopkins there or communicated better. This reminded me of how Jones was able to go across the middle for the game winner last year. 

That kind of stuff though is bound to happen early in the season. Won't fault them too much for it. Needs to be cleaned up going forward but it was the first game of the season. 

The DL is going to love playing two statues back to back after having to deal with Murray lol. 

Losing to the Cardinals certainly wasn't ideal, but they gave us fits last season and our D struggles against mobile QB's/quick passing games. And as poorly as we played, we lost by 4 points, that too with squandering 10 potential points off the board (4th and goal from the 1, 4th and 5 to end the game). 

If we can't handle business against the Jets/Giants...then its panic time 

Week 2 cant get here fast enough 

• Like 1

One thing I like about this team is that regardless how bad they play, they always have a shot to win it at the end. All our losses last year came down to the wire and same with this one. A lot of similarities to the LOB Seahawks era. Have not had one complete dud where a team dominates us. 

Frank Gore time in NY? Good! But if we don't completely shut their offense down…..