Week 1 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

@Gore Whore 21 thanks for posting that, but I am not sure where he is getting his current AQI readings, the two I am seeing for at the stadium are 238 and 236 

https://www.purpleair.com/map?opt=1/mAQI/a10/cC0#11.36/37.3805/-122.0446 

I am strateling 300 right now and it's miserable. Receivers are going to have problems seeing the ball in the air lol 

Let's say it's above 200 on Sunday. Now what? Does this mean we postpone and now have to play on Monday if the air gets better? What happens if it's worse on Monday? Now we have a short week and have to fly to the east coast. 

Or let's say it's 195 at kick and 210 at halftime. Does that mean they stop the game?? 

It's super irresponsible to leave this to chance. The air is unhealthy.

Tevin Coleman said he isn't going to play unless the air gets better because he has sickle cell. I know most of us don't like him but he is our "starting running back" 

Just move the damn game to Arizona. No fans either way, so what's the difference?? That means one more home game later in the year. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

@Gore Whore 21 thanks for posting that, but I am not sure where he is getting his current AQI readings, the two I am seeing for at the stadium are 238 and 236 

I am strateling 300 right now and it's miserable. Receivers are going to have problems seeing the ball in the air lol 

Let's say it's above 200 on Sunday. Now what? Does this mean we postpone and now have to play on Monday if the air gets better? What happens if it's worse on Monday? Now we have a short week and have to fly to the east coast. 

Or let's say it's 195 at kick and 210 at halftime. Does that mean they stop the game?? 

Tevin Coleman said he isn't going to play unless the air gets better because he has sickle cell. I know most of us don't like him but he is our "starting running back" 

Just move the damn game to Arizona. No fans either way, so what's the difference?? That means one more home game later in the year. 

Does it burn your eyes/lungs/throat? 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Does it burn your eyes/lungs/throat? 

you taste it in your mouth when you talk

my eyes definitely get dry. sometimes they make some tears to try and clear out the smoke, other times I gotta use eyedrops 

sometimes I have a slight cough

definitely feel it when I do anything strenuous outside

today is the worst day in terms of air quality yet

Also - I am in good shape. young and fit. not like I have any respiratory issues under normal circumstances 

Edited by N4L

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I assumed both McKinnon and Morsert were ahead of him on the depthchart.

6 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I assumed both McKinnon and Morsert were ahead of him on the depthchart.

That was why I put " " around "starting running back"

You would think mostert would be the starter, but for whatever reason coleman would always get the first series, and then mostert would come in for the second series. I think it might have had something to do with the fact mostert was still our gunner on punts

mckinnon will probably be our third down back

3 hours ago, N4L said:

The entire planet is in a pandemic, and that hasn't stopped the NFL. You think a little dirty smoke will for one of it's games? I can already see the owners wiping away their crocodile tears with wads of cash. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The entire planet is in a pandemic, and that hasn't stopped the NFL. You think a little dirty smoke will for one of it's games? I can already see the owners wiping away their crocodile tears with wads of cash. 

I'm not saying the game should be cancelled. I'm suggesting we move the game to Arizona and then play them at home later in the year. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I'm not saying the game should be cancelled. I'm suggesting we move the game to Arizona and then play them at home later in the year. 

If the air quality doesn’t improve by tomorrow I doubt the Cards fly up there.  If you can taste the air it’s not a good sign. 

Arizona can't host the game. They have a RV expo going on

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29863930/san-francisco-49ers-remain-hopeful-sunday-air-quality-concerns%3Fplatform%3Damp

For what it's worth the Cardinals' home at State Farm Stadium is hosting an "RV Super Show" this weekend slated to run through Sunday.

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Arizona can't host the game. They have a RV expo going on

What a debacle. 

Rv super expo during a pandemic?? 

It's gotta be Arizona on Monday. The rollable field is gonna come in clutch because the grass won't be all jacked up. 

I really have no other ideas. You wouldn't want both teams to have to fly far. Vegas definitely wont let the first NFL game in their stadium be 49ers cardinals. Rams play at home, so that won't work. Seattle air quality just as bad. Denver plays at home on mnf, so that's doubtful.

Dallas really is the only place that could make sense. Jerruh gonna want his cut though 

Here is another thing I just realized, these players get taxed in each state that they play. Cardinals players have to file CA tax returns, no joke. CA isn't about to let 1/17th of 300m walk out the door (400m is the combined salary cap for both teams but that doesn't take into account signing bonuses etc and 1/17th of the combined base salaries are what both teams players are slated to get paid this weekend, so I dropped it 100m as an estimate). 

What a cluster **** 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

If the air quality doesn’t improve by tomorrow I doubt the Cards fly up there.  If you can taste the air it’s not a good sign. 

I've been able to taste it for 3 weeks now. Can't go outside, cant be inside. It's pretty miserable tbh 

We need some goddamn rain but that usually doesn't happen until after Halloween