Week 1 Raiders at Panthers GDT

agarcia34

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dominate? 5 of our first 6 games are against teams that will likely make the playoffs. 

Week 1 Car new QB

Week 2 NO at home

Week 3 NE new QB

Week 4 Buf at home

Week 5 KC

Week 6 TB new QB, at home

The Raiders can win 3 games maybe more.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Week 1 Car new QB

Week 2 NO at home

Week 3 NE new QB

Week 4 Buf at home

Week 5 KC

Week 6 TB new QB, at home

The Raiders can win 3 games maybe more.

Carolina is the only bad team that we play in the first 6 weeks. And even then we've regularly struggled to win games on the East coast and they have a dynamic offense. 

New Orleans is one of the best teams in the league with one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. 

We travel to New England who should still have a high level defense and we haven't won there since 1994. 

Buffalo will be one of the best defensive teams in the league and should be a playoff team again this year. 

Kansas City is the best team in the league and has wrecked us recently. 

Tampa Bay has Tom Brady with arguably the best collection of weapons that he has ever had in his career. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carolina is the only bad team that we play in the first 6 weeks. And even then we've regularly struggled to win games on the East coast and they have a dynamic offense. 

New Orleans is one of the best teams in the league with one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. 

We travel to New England who should still have a high level defense and we haven't won there since 1994. 

Buffalo will be one of the best defensive teams in the league and should be a playoff team again this year. 

Kansas City is the best team in the league and has wrecked us recently. 

Tampa Bay has Tom Brady with arguably the best collection of weapons that he has ever had in his career. 

We struggle to win on the east coast but east coast teams struggle to win in the west.

Cam has not been good in what 3 years?

The Bills QB just sucks. He's extremely reckless with the ball.

I don't care about Tom Brady's weapons He doesn't have the arm strength anymore to utilize the deep ball.

Plus the O- line has major questions.

KC and NO we should lose but the Raiders have the best combination of O-line, RB and TEs in the NFL that gives them a good chance to win the rest.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

We struggle to win on the east coast but east coast teams struggle to win in the west.

Cam has not been good in what 3 years?

The Bills QB just sucks. He's extremely reckless with the ball.

I don't care about Tom Brady's weapons He doesn't have the arm strength anymore to utilize the deep ball.

Plus the O- line has major questions.

KC and NO we should lose but the Raiders have the best combination of O-line, RB and TEs in the NFL that gives them a good chance to win the rest.

We have a very young defense with a ton of new starters at every level, the Panthers have 3 good WR and arguably the best weapon in the league. It's not going to be a gimme. 

Newton was hurt last season but was productive in 2018 for a .500 level team and productive in 2017 for a playoff team. 

Allen isn't great but they were a 10 win team that will be elite defensively again, one of the best running teams in the league again, and now they're one of the only teams in the league with a pair of 1,000+ yard WR. 

He doesn't have the same arm that he used to have but Brady still won 12 games and passed for 24 TD/4,000 yards last season with very limited offensive help outside of Edelman. Last season his top weapons on offense were Julian Edelman, Soney Michel, Phillip Dorsett, Jakobi Meyers, and Ben Watson. Now he has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, Rob Gronkowski, and OJ Howard. A monumental upgrade and again, probably the best collection of weapons that he has ever had in his career. 

In the first 6 weeks the only game we will be favored to win will be the Panthers game. I agree that we can win a few of those games but there's also a good chance we could start the season 1-5. We're starting two rookie WR and three 1st or 2nd year defensive backs. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We have a very young defense with a ton of new starters at every level, the Panthers have 3 good WR and arguably the best weapon in the league. It's not going to be a gimme. 

Newton was hurt last season but was productive in 2018 for a .500 level team and productive in 2017 for a playoff team. 

Allen isn't great but they were a 10 win team that will be elite defensively again, one of the best running teams in the league again, and now they're one of the only teams in the league with a pair of 1,000+ yard WR. 

He doesn't have the same arm that he used to have but Brady still won 12 games and passed for 24 TD/4,000 yards last season with very limited offensive help outside of Edelman. Last season his top weapons on offense were Julian Edelman, Soney Michel, Phillip Dorsett, Jakobi Meyers, and Ben Watson. Now he has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, Rob Gronkowski, and OJ Howard. A monumental upgrade and again, probably the best collection of weapons that he has ever had in his career. 

In the first 6 weeks the only game we will be favored to win will be the Panthers game. I agree that we can win a few of those games but there's also a good chance we could start the season 1-5. We're starting two rookie WR and three 1st or 2nd year defensive backs. 

I agree with a lot of it but I think you understating just how good the Raiders running game will be. The Raiders are going to run double or even triple TE and run the ball down there throats. When the defense brings in the run stopping unit

The Raiders will start play action and I don't see how any defense can stop Waller, Witten and Moreau. One has to have a mismatch and don't forget Riggs will be running deep routes to stop the safety from come down and helping.

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I agree with a lot of it but I think you understating just how good the Raiders running game will be. The Raiders are going to run double or even triple TE and run the ball down there throats. When the defense brings in the run stopping unit

The Raiders will start play action and I don't see how any defense can stop Waller, Witten and Moreau. One has to have a mismatch and don't forget Riggs will be running deep routes to stop the safety from come down and helping.

Our running game will definitely be good but even with Jacobs going off we were only 13th in the league last season in rushing yards. And we really don't have anything behind Jacobs to keep him fresh so we're going to have to run him into the ground. My biggest concern is that we're starting two rookie WR in a season with no OTA, no preseason games, and a weird training camp. There will be growing pains, especially early on. But if those two are as good as advertised then we should have a pretty damn good offense. 

On the other end we're also starting 3 1st or 2nd year players in the secondary along with Erik Harris who's serviceable and Joyner who was terrible last season. Then you have two new starting LB's that have never played in our system. And they're going to be tested big time early on. 

Week 1 - Moore, Anderson, Samuel, McCaffery

Week 2 - Thomas, Sanders, Cook, Kamara 

Week 3 - Edelman, Michel, Harry

Week 4 - Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox

Week 5 - Hill, Watkins, Kelcee, CEH 

Week 6 - Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Fournette 

Every single team we play in the first few weeks has a dynamic group of weapons other than the Patriots who still have Edelman. Our young corners are going to be tested week in and week out against some of the best receivers in the game. 

• Like 1

very winnable game on paper, obviously, but with this wild offseason, no preseason... i'm expecting a lot of unsettled play and sloppiness. it's going to be pretty hard to predict, though our starting 22 has a lot more continuity than theirs (and same coach/coordinators), which should bode well for us.

CMC did just fine against the Rams last year so i'm not convinced Littleton is some magic reverse uno card. CMC is still going to be a pain in the butt. i'm sure DJ Moore will be fed quite a bit, and he does a lot of his damage after the catch. Mayock has prioritized tackling as a trait in our corners, so they'll be put to the test.

offensively, we should do well. they did draft all defense, starting with derrick brown, but they just lack proven talent on that side. burns had a good rookie season, but they're really thin otherwise at all 3 levels, particularly the sceondary. it's about as good a matchup as our rookie receivers could have asked for.

with how brutal our first half schedule is, this is one of those "should win" games on our schedule. a loss would be tough. if we lose convincingly, then this season is going to be ugly.

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Our running game will definitely be good but even with Jacobs going off we were only 13th in the league last season in rushing yards. And we really don't have anything behind Jacobs to keep him fresh so we're going to have to run him into the ground. My biggest concern is that we're starting two rookie WR in a season with no OTA, no preseason games, and a weird training camp. There will be growing pains, especially early on. But if those two are as good as advertised then we should have a pretty damn good offense. 

On the other end we're also starting 3 1st or 2nd year players in the secondary along with Erik Harris who's serviceable and Joyner who was terrible last season. Then you have two new starting LB's that have never played in our system. And they're going to be tested big time early on. 

Week 1 - Moore, Anderson, Samuel, McCaffery

Week 2 - Thomas, Sanders, Cook, Kamara 

Week 3 - Edelman, Michel, Harry

Week 4 - Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox

Week 5 - Hill, Watkins, Kelcee, CEH 

Week 6 - Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Fournette 

Every single team we play in the first few weeks has a dynamic group of weapons other than the Patriots who still have Edelman. Our young corners are going to be tested week in and week out against some of the best receivers in the game. 

Good thing we less then a week to find out.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man I can't wait to see how our rooks perform. No rookie camp, limited training camp and no pre season games is going to make their learning curve even harder.

How do people expect them to do week 1?

• WR Henry Ruggs:
  • CB Damon Arnette:
  • WR Bryan Edwards:
  • CB Amik Robertson:

I think the rookie WR's should do pretty well on Sunday. They're starting Troy Pride Jr who's a 4th round rookie and Donte Jackson who's a below average player as their outside CB's. 

I don't think Robertson plays very much this week but I wouldn't be surprised to see Arnette struggle. DJ Moore is legit and Robbie Anderson is also very underrated.