2020 Week One Steelers at Giants Game Day Thread

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I was thinking the same thing. Can we sit Conner down and go to Snell..good god.

We need a Snell - Samuels game.

Also it's time to get Vanimal and Ebron involved in the middle of the field.  They are starting to sit on the numbers.  LB's are firing wide way too quick.

Just now, 3rivers said:

pouncey still gets pushed around too and AV should have made that block vs carter. Not happy with the OL right now

I mean, Pouncey has always been more of a heady blocker than power blocker so I'm not sure why that gets said every year as if Pouncey is bad.  Carter is a long speed rusher which is exactly what AV struggles with.  The issue is Wiz is jumping to help Banner every time so the 1/A gap is open for them to attack.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

We need a Snell - Samuels game.

Also it's time to get Vanimal and Ebron involved in the middle of the field.  They are starting to sit on the numbers.  LB's are firing wide way too quick.

part of me is wondering if the Steelers are trying to wear down the D with this stuff forcing them to fly around

Just now, wwhickok said:

part of me is wondering if the Steelers are trying to wear down the D with this stuff forcing them to fly around

I think they want to get the safeties to come closer to the line and get a deep shot to Claypool.  Every time they show a wide shot you can't even see the safeties in the screen which is unusual.  Add in that Martinez is one of their only ILB's available (per Herbstreet) I think its starting to make sense what they are doing.  Spread them wide and see the defensive tendency then attack.