Week 1 General Discussion

candyman93

Let's go game by game

Texans at Chiefs - Do the Chiefs come out firing and are they a little sluggish from the Super Bowl victory? How will the Texans new offense look? Hoping David Johnson returns to a top RB    Excitement Scale: 12/12 Brews

Seahawks at Falcons - I love Wilson and think he can lead them to an NFC Championship this year. Will Matt Ryan and the Falcons bounce back in a tough division? They did win their final 4 games least season      Excitement Scale: 8/12 Brews

Jets at Bills - Gase is on the hot seat and have they done enough to help Darnold take the next step? I love Josh Allen but I know hes limited still, hoping he can take another step and get the Bills a playoff victory.    Excitement Scale: 3/12 Brews

Bears at Lions - Two interesting teams in a way to me, but also two very boring franchises since I've been watching football (In my young 30s) Stafford is underrated IMO but its tough to overcome the Lions history. Trubisky has a nice start to the schedule and we all know his situation.      Excitement Scale: 1/12 Brews

Packers at Vikings - How does the Packers offense look in year two with LaFluer and are they a true Super Bowl contender? I like the Vikings roster but can Cousins really play well enough to win an NFC Championship game?    Excitement Scale: 9/12 Brews

Dolphins at Patriots - Excited so see how Cam does this year and the Dolphins seem like a team on the right track.    Excitement Scale: 6/12 Brews

Eagles at Football Team - Can the Eagles rebound or do they feel kinda stale to anyone else? I don't believe in Haskins but its still too early to label him a bust, cant wait to see Antonio Gibson this year.      Excitement Scale: 3/12 Brews

Raiders at Panthers - Not really sure what to make of the Raiders this year but I am excited to see their new stadium. Teddy doesn't so it for me at QB but he should be good enough to keep them in a lot of games, the defense is in a rebuild.     Excitement Scale: 1/12 Brews

Colts at Jags - Rivers with the Colts will be interesting and I liked their draft......and poor Minshew       Excitement Scale: 2/12 Brews

Browns at Ravens - I think the Browns and Baker take the next step this year. We all know the talent with the Ravens, now its time to win in the playoffs.                      Excitement Scale: 10/12 Brews

Chargers at Bengals - The Chargers have talent all over the place but do they not live up to their potential with Tyrod at QB? I would bet their under. The Bengals are still rebuilding but I do like Joe Burrow.     Excitement Scale: 2/12 Brews

Bucs at Saints - I'm all in on the Bucs this year and how much does Brees have left? I do wonder if the Saints get off to a slow start if some of the players possibly start to turn on Brees and cause friction in the locker room due to his comments earlier this year.         Excitement Scale: 12/12 Brews plus a night cap

Cardinals at 49ers - Still think the 49ers will be very good this year despite losing the SB and I am looking forward to seeing how the Cards offense does this year, plus seeing Simmons play.         Excitement Scale: 8/12 Brews

Cowboys at Rams - Cowboys should be fun to watch this year especially with so much on the line for Dak. I think the Rams are due for a down season I am thinking around a 7-9 year from them.      Excitement Scale:  5/12 Brews

Steelers at Giants - The most underrated game week 1 IMO. Can Big Ben recover and still be a good QB for the Steelers? Also I'm a fan of Daniel Jones and Joe Judge, sounds like he is working them hard in practice.       Excitement Scale: 11/12 Brews

Titans at Broncos - Are the Titans for real or was last year a fluke type season? I think they will be a tough out every week and seem them around 10-6. The Broncos have a lot of young and exciting talent on the team, but can they get it going with this weird off season.      Excitement Scale: 7/12 Brews

With all that being said I am pumped for football to be back and I will not feel good Tuesday after all the beers I plan to drink lol

• Like 6

Normally I would be absolutely thirsty for the season to start but with how this year has been, I'm surprised there even is a season. I really hope the NFL can get through this with no casualties. Especially with all the changes that came after last seasons playoffs.

I expect Mahomes to annihilate this year. Brady FINALLY leaves the conference after 600 years but we have Mahomes here in the division.

Rams, Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, Bucs, Saints, Niners, Seahawks, entire NFC looks intimidating.

My Lineup for this week:

10am: Raiders/Panthers

1:30pm: Bucs/Saints

Monday 7:20pm: Broncos/Titans

Three solid games right there. The Steeler/Giant and Cowboy/Ram primetime games look pretty meh to me... good ol NFCE hogging primetime spots after lackluster play past couple years. 

I will watch almost all the 45-60 minute condensed versions of the games on Gamepass though throughout the week. 

Love NFL Redzone but will start watching Redzone Week 2. Can’t miss Raiders game and Bucs/Saints. 

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So the Raiders depth chart is released. Ruggs AND Edwards are starting. Has there ever been 2 rookies WR starting? 

Last year, the Redskins had 3 rookie WRs starting for multiple games for the first time since the 70s or something like that.  

Terry McLaurin - 3rd round

Kelvin Harmon - 6th round

Steven Sims - UDFA

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So the Raiders depth chart is released. Ruggs AND Edwards are starting. Has there ever been 2 rookies WR starting? Renfrow is the vet of the big 3, going into year 2. 

The Ultimate Weapon season of 1990 had Cunningham throwing to rookie starters 3rd round Fred Barnett and 5th round Calvin Williams.

• Barnett had 14 starts
  • Williams had 11 starts
  • (2nd round Mike Bellamy was a dud)

Veteran Mike Quick began the season as a starter but he got hurt early and missed 12 games. (4 starts)

Note: They were not really the top 2 targets because he threw a bunch to Byars playing RB/H-back and Keith Jackson at TE.

Edited by SkippyX

7 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Jets at Bills - Gase is on the hot seat and have they done enough to help Darnold take the next step? I love Josh Allen but I know hes limited still, hoping he can take another step and get the Bills a playoff victory.    Excitement Scale: 3/12 Brews

No he isn't. Our owner has already said he's safe for the season and there is no playoff mandate. A 2nd year coach should never be on the hot seat especially for a rebuilding team. Only way he's canned is if we completely implode.

7 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Steelers at Giants - The most underrated game week 1 IMO. Can Big Ben recover and still be a good QB for the Steelers? Also I'm a fan of Daniel Jones and Joe Judge, sounds like he is working them hard in practice.       Excitement Scale: 11/12 Brews

i'm interested as to how the joe judge coaching experience works; seems he's doing a matt patricia to the players but arguably isn't getting as much blowback? giants fans to comment here

either way i naturally hope the steelers whoop them and think they can although ben is a notoriously slow starter which may lead people to write us off on early season form

Texans at Chiefs - was gonna root against the Chiefs all year until Mahomes became my fantasy QB. Guess I still could and have him play well. Texans major meh, Watson overrated imo. See how he does without Nuk.

Seahawks at Falcons - rooting for the falcons here. Can ATL continue their momentum from end of last year? Seahawks are good bc of Wilson.

Jets at Bills - let's see if Darnold can take the next step. Allen and Diggs could be fun. Wish it was snowing.

Bears at Lions - Nick Foles should be starting. Lions fun backfield. Wanna see Trufant in a lions uni for some reason. Kinda like the Lions this year.

Packers at Vikings - Can Kirk play as well without Diggs? Will have eye on Jefferson. Ngakoue. Packers bore me every year tbh.

Dolphins at Patriots - Can Cam? Wish Tua was starting.

Eagles at Football Team - Fly Eagles Fly

Raiders at Panthers - Panthers WR corps is pretty freaking solid man. Fun offense. Ruggs is fun. Cool matchup.

Colts at Jags - prob the least interesting game for me. Rivers on Colts, jags a mess.

Browns at Ravens - I like this game a lot. So much talent on one field.

Chargers at Bengals - Joe Burrow will be fun to keep up on. Sup with Higgins? Chargers meh.

Bucs at Saints - Endless storylines. Rooting for the Bucs here. Sick of the Saints never meeting expectations. Go Bucs.

Cardinals at 49ers - Very fun matchup. I think AZ is being hyped a bit too much. Kinda hope SF mauls them. Kyler will be fun to watch.

Cowboys at Rams - Go Rams

Steelers at Giants - Super cool matchup, entertaining Monday night game. Joe Judge gets all of his players concussed? Big Ben look good? Steelers D nasty.

Titans at Broncos - Drew Lock with all the weapons, Titans the real deal or fall off a cliff like I suspect? Fun game