Week 1 General Discussion

candyman93

14 hours ago, lancerman said:

Maybe Lamar. Allen still is Super inaccurate. Let’s be real, 4 QB’s went before Lamar and the only reason he wasn’t a 2nd rounder was a last minute trade up. He wasn’t so obvious back then 

Lamar was pretty obvious to me.  I had him rated as a Top 5 prospect in the 2018 draft in my final pre-draft evaluation.  I even argued he should be the #1 pick in the 2018 draft if short term impact was what you wanted.  Him ripping apart the NFL this early in his career is exactly what I expected. 

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm still handicapping Carolina as the leader on this. Trevor Lawrence isn't going very far from Clemson...

They'll have too good of a season.  Carolina looks like a 7-9 team.  Don't sleep on the Raiders.  They are a playoff team this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drained said:

Minshew only got benched last season cause the Texans dominated him in London but that was because the FO was looking for that one bad game to give them an excuse, he will have bad games, doesn't mean anything considering he should have won ROTY last season, he was much MUCH better than Kyler was.

I see Minshew throwing to wide open wrs, this is a preposterous statement 

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm getting the feeling that you are only saying this because the announcers made this comparison during the game after one play? 

No, Its the playing style to a T. 

I really shouldnt even compare Kyler to Russ because they are different. 

Kyler is definently more like young where he is a pure pocket passer who has the ability to tuck the ball and burst for yards on any given play. 

Kyler hasnt shown the penchant for rolling out of the pocket and throwing it deep yet. But his accuracy and qbing inside the pocket more than makes up for it

4 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

No, Its the playing style to a T. 

I really shouldnt even compare Kyler to Russ because they are different. 

Kyler is definently more like young where he is a pure pocket passer who has the ability to tuck the ball and burst for yards on any given play. 

Kyler hasnt shown the penchant for rolling out of the pocket and throwing it deep yet. But his accuracy and qbing inside the pocket more than makes up for it

Kyler's passing ability or lack thereof,  is not even close to that of Steve Young IMO, and I don't believe Kyler is a pocket passer at all. 

Kyler's ability to run with the ball may be comparable in some ways, but not his passing ability. Atleast not based on what he's shown so far anyhow. But I will still give BOD that he is still young and learning. 

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Kyler's passing ability or lack thereof,  is not even close to that of Steve Young IMO, and I don't believe Kyler is a pocket passer at all. 

Kyler's ability to run with the ball may be comparable in some ways, but not his passing ability. Atleast not based on what he's shown so far anyhow. But I will still give BOD that he is still young and learning. 

The class he gave Jimmy G on how to maintain great pocket presence under the rush while throwing receivers open and making difficult sideline throws to challenge dbs routinely begs to differ. 

And this is against a top 5 defense last year

3 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

The class he gave Jimmy G on how to maintain great pocket presence under the rush while throwing receivers open and making difficult sideline throws to challenge dbs routinely begs to differ. 

And this is against a top 5 defense last year

This was only game. I'm talking about last year too.

First read QB's who don't go through their progressions when they have a clean pocket and constantly check down don't impress me. Mind you, I'm a Bears fan with Trubisky as our QB.

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This was only game. I'm talking about last year too.

First read QB's who don't go through their progressions when they have a clean pocket and constantly check down don't impress me. Mind you, I'm a Bears fan with Trubisky as our QB.

Lol ok, I am looking forwarding to quoting this post for the rest of the season

13 hours ago, Drained said:

I can see the criticism for Burrow but it's a lot like Kyler last year, couldn't really get used to the bright lights of the NFL stage most of the first game, then he began to click, mainly cause in college he had a good OL or insane receivers that always bailed him out.

Burrow did really well in the second half, he put together good drives, definitely seems like the Bengals have rallied behind him and this is a game I'm sure Bengals would have lost last season by like 20 points, so to lose on a botched FG (that was only possible cause Burrow played almost lights out in that last drive and it should have been a TD btw) is pretty good for them. I expect him to be OROY, possible ROTY if he gets it together by week 4. Remember, no preseason, shortened off season.

Absolutely agree.

I got high hopes for Sexy Joe.

8 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

Minshew played better than Kyler did last season tbh...

And he played better than Kyler did yesterday. The only thing Kyler has on him is ball security, mobility and arm strength but Minshew's IQ is insane for someone so young + on a team like the Jags, he knows what hes doing at all times. Kyler has Nuk, Fitz and Christian Kirk on the field and he had pretty ugly passing game yesterday, Minshew looked in control the entire time.

Edited by Drained

11 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

Lol...

Even if this was the case (which it's not), we're going to detract how a player plays because he has a coach that puts players in a position to succeed?