Week 1 General Discussion

candyman93

On 9/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Colts at Jags - Rivers with the Colts will be interesting and I liked their draft......and poor Minshew       Excitement Scale: 2/12 Brews

This made me curious about what Colts fans might have had to say about Rivers this offseason, so I looked into their subforum and... now I feel like I just stepped out of a haunted crypt.

Texans v Chiefs - If it wasn’t for the incompetence of O’Brien the Texans would’ve beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs. Don’t know how you have a 3 td lead with Watson and blow it? So it’s going to be interesting to see if the Texans are motivated extra for not just this game but the season. If they go flat this season I feel like O’Brien will get fired.

Bucs v Saints - Brady v Brees. They could end up playing three times this season. In this first matchup of this season it’s going to be interesting to see the new look Bucs. The Saints have more stability so they should look more sharp out of the gates while Brady is trying to settle in and get used to all his new weapons in a new system. Plus the Saints know the last time Brady played in the Superdome he blew them out.

Cowboys v Rams - I’m always nervous about SNF as the Rams but it’s Week 1 so things feel different. Plus it’s the opening of the new stadium for the Rams. The Cowboys lost a lot of pieces on defense and I think the Rams will look to take advantage of that. They remember what the Cowboys did to them last season so they want revenge while also getting off to another great start. As bad as the season went for the Rams last season they did start off (3–1). As a matter of fact McVay three seasons with the first quarter season of the Rams have been (3-1), (4-0), and (3-1) so the Rams are used to getting off to great starts. So it’s going to be interesting to see if they do the same. Also the Cowboys have Superbowl expectations by many so getting off to a great start for them is important due to the Eagles will be battling heavy with them the division after taking it from them last season. 

The Saints vs Bucs game is probably one of the more intriguing games this season given all the storylines there. 

I think we are going to see some rookie RB's make statements early on. Think Jonathan Taylor is going to go off with the Colts and emerge as the top RB from this class. I'm also really intrigued by Antonio Gibson. He always reminded me a bit of David Johnson with his skillset.