Week 1 General Discussion

candyman93

20 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Burrow - good in parts, but mostly not that good.... torpedoed a lot by the OL, looked a bit iffy with the pass rush, threw an absolutely awful pick. But final drive looked like the beginning of a long time career franchise QB. 

Minshew - f'in awesome

Didn't see other two

I can see the criticism for Burrow but it's a lot like Kyler last year, couldn't really get used to the bright lights of the NFL stage most of the first game, then he began to click, mainly cause in college he had a good OL or insane receivers that always bailed him out.

Burrow did really well in the second half, he put together good drives, definitely seems like the Bengals have rallied behind him and this is a game I'm sure Bengals would have lost last season by like 20 points, so to lose on a botched FG (that was only possible cause Burrow played almost lights out in that last drive and it should have been a TD btw) is pretty good for them. I expect him to be OROY, possible ROTY if he gets it together by week 4. Remember, no preseason, shortened off season.

Edited by Drained

Minshew only got benched last season cause the Texans dominated him in London but that was because the FO was looking for that one bad game to give them an excuse, he will have bad games, doesn't mean anything considering he should have won ROTY last season, he was much MUCH better than Kyler was.

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

They've had some horrific flukes. They were an all-time horrible non call from going to the Super Bowl two years ago.

They played absolutely terrible in both the Division Game and Conference Title Game though. Beyond sloppy football. 

Saints turn into a completely different team in the playoffs.

I was thinking that Brady's deep ball was the best part of his game yesterday. He dropped several deep balls into a bucket, some caught, some that drew DPI. It was his decision-making, tendency to get easily flustered, and accuracy on balls to the flat and intermediate routes outside the numbers where he often looked like trash.

Edited by childofpudding

5 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Brady's deep ball was the best part of his game yesterday. He dropped several deep balls into a bucket, some caught, some that drew DPI.

He had one that he lobbed like 300 yards in the air and it was ON. THE. MONEY. I think it was dropped or something.