Covid Season Week 1 GDT: JETS @BILLS

bigbadbuff

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Speaking of Singletary I drafted him as my #2 RB in FF. Is he expected to have a good year? Or is Moss supposed to take over his job?

I wish we had pre season so I could give you an educated answer. Everything I’ve read suggest Singletary will get his work in between the 20s and Moss will get short yardage and goal line  work (Hurting josh Allen fantasy value)

I think both can be a weapon in the passing game. We saw a few highlights where both players are on the field. I drafted Singletary too but as my RB4. It may take a few games before we get a clear picture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Speaking of Singletary I drafted him as my #2 RB in FF. Is he expected to have a good year? Or is Moss supposed to take over his job?

Singletary is currently number one on the depth chart, and rightfully so. He's a good running back. I wouldn't expect Moss to over take Singletary unless it becomes painfully obvious. McD likes to slow cook rookies. Case and point- the way Singletary was played last year. He was clearly the most talented back of the bunch (last season), but was the 2nd option behind Gore early on last year, which was infuriating as it was obvious he was the most talented back. After the Cleveland debacle- Singletary averaged 17 rushes in the final 6 games. The only way Moss overtakes Singeltary is if Singletary struggles with fumbles (he had 4 last year).

I expect Singletary to get 15-20 carries a game and Moss to get 10 carries a game. Truthfully, it's hard to say since I haven't had any preseason games to form my opinion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NJC33 said:

The Bills & Jets didn't finish all that far apart last season. A three game difference that likely would've been 1-2 if Sam doesn't get mono. That's not to say I think the Jets are nearly as talented or well coached, but this idea that one is a Super Bowl contender & the other is bound for a top pick doesn't make sense to me.

I love the addition of Diggs. The Jets also added 5 starters on the OL & welcome Herndon back with open arms. It's not like one team got significantly better than the other this offseason.

Both teams benefited from a ridiculous easy schedule in 2019 and I think that's flying under the radar relative to who we'll play this year.

I'm not betting on the Jets Sunday, but I think it'll be closer than expected. 

I am not as confident as these guys are when it comes to a blow out. I do see the bills beating them with ease. The jets defense is not any better then it was last year to say that they are without Jamal is laughable. As for saying they were just off by 3 games doesn't give much context yes your qb had Mono but the fact is the bills and jets had a 138 point differential between the 2 of them so 3 games you can say what you want but you can not argue this the Jets were bad and even when they had their Qb he still looked lost at times. Not to mention the bills had a harder schedule out of division then the jets did. You can come in and compare last year's game to this year but Allen has had another year under his belt, the bills have an oline that has been together for over a year now and not something that was just put together like last year along with Allen's weapons who were a complete overhaul last year with Brown, Beasley, Knox, Singletary. These things matter as the chemistry is still there then you add a guy like Diggs to the field, who do you have that you can confidentially say that can cover both Diggs and brown? All I see is a Maye and he was even being discussed as trade bait last year before all this Adams chaos of demanding a new deal came up. Your defense still doesnt have mosley and the pass rush is still non existent. Then you look on offense an oline that was abysmal last year and you brought in a huge guy in the draft but still very raw and needs time to develop then you draft Mims who is currently not 100%. Bell is flashy on paper but we see how he is now without a legit oline he had in Pitt. Darnold was ranked 3rd in bad pass decisions last year. Again some of these people in here do not give the Jets a fighting chance I expect some battle early on but the bills veteran leadership and chemistry that has been built will be far superior to what Greg Williams has to offer. Not to mention the lack of creativity that Gase brings to the offense. 

I am going to go 24-10 bills

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m really not sure what your point is here. You just keep repeating the same thing. yes Allen and the offense had turnovers in the first half. As I’ve said all along two of the turnovers weren’t caused by the defense or Williams confusing them. That’s my point. The Jets secondary may have been awful but they were Gavin GM an in experienced offense that had never played together before. Not surprising Allen in his 12th start didn’t light them up on the scoreboard.

My point: You said Allen threw all over us last year - that simply didn't happen. He was great in the fourth quarter.. But, otherwise struggled. Attributing his poor start to self inflicted mistakes doesn't erase it all together. Collectively, the Bills finished with a below average offense - it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to think that GW could take advantage of those reoccurring self inflicted mistakes that weren't isolated to the first half of last seasons opener.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Bills lost 4 games to playoff teams and 3 of those were within 7 points. And lost one game that meant nothing in week 17 when they rested everyone. The Jets lost to a winless Dolphins and Bengals team. That’s the difference. Their record may have been close but the Bills beat bad teams and some good teams. They were competitive against better teams.

Totally fair. I don't think these two teams are equal by any stretch, I just don't see the difference being anywhere close to what's being predicted on here. 

42 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

What are you guys thinking or hoping the OL looks like on the right side? 

We know Ford is starting it’s just a matter of whether it’s RG it RT. Lots of positive notes about Williams in camp but the same goes for Nsehke. 

I am thinking this week we see Ford at Guard and Ty at RT to start. 

I know they rotated Ford and TY last year, I wonder if the right side is going to be a rotation of Ford, Ty, and Williams

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Let's be honest, though- the Jets lost against some **** teams last year with Sam completely healthy. The idea they'd be a 9 win team if he was healthy all year is optimistic thinking, and let's not pretend week 17 meant anything at all. That gave y'all a freebie win. 

Here's how I see it- Buffalo is going for it this year where as the Jets are likely a year away from being where we're at. That being said, Douglas seems to be a good GM. Still think y'all are a year away from surrounding Darnold with enough weapons and a stronger line to be a true playoff caliber team, which Buffalo is unless, of course, Allen doesn't progress (def possible).

Of course, it's any given Sunday and Williams is a good DC, so anything is possible. Could def be a slug fest, but i see a 10 pt victory in bound with the Jets offense struggling mightily. Im a Bills fan, though- bias flows through every fan's veins. 

Honestly, not much here I disagree with. 10pts is reasonable, it's the complete blowout predictions I'm having a hard time understanding.

18 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

My point: You said Allen threw all over us last year - that simply didn't happen. He was great in the fourth quarter.. But, otherwise struggled. Attributing his poor start to self inflicted mistakes doesn't erase it all together. Collectively, the Bills finished with a below average offense - it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to think that GW could take advantage of those reoccurring self inflicted mistakes that weren't isolated to the first half of last seasons opener.

Totally fair. I don't think these two teams are equal by any stretch, I just don't see the difference being anywhere close to what's being predicted on here. 

Statistically speaking, Allen completing over 60% in the first half an a 150 yards is throwing all over you guys. He and the offense just never finished. His worst quarter by far was the 3rd, which made his 4th quartet even better. 

My guess for the blowout predictions is, we all hate the Jets and we’re excited for the season. Until one or both teams are humbled, the fan bases will believe the hype. It was the same thing last year week 1 just flipped 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What are you guys thinking or hoping the OL looks like on the right side? 

We know Ford is starting it’s just a matter of whether it’s RG it RT. Lots of positive notes about Williams in camp but the same goes for Nsehke. 

I am thinking this week we see Ford at Guard and Ty at RT to start. 

My hope is that they go with Ford at RG and Williams at RT. I have heard from discussions that were some what vague because they did not want to be put in a situation where they were banned from practices but they were talking about how Williams has come in the offense so far in TC and that he has shown flashes of starter material. If Daryl is playing like 2017 then I am totally in on this starting 5 with Winters and Ty as back ups. Long term this can be the answer they are looking for unless Williams goes out and tries to get paid a big contract this offseason. Ty is up there in age and I do not see a long term answer with him. Plus the rightside was the struggle last year so adding new blood like Williams can get it going and not pressure Ford in to having to start at RT.

14 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Technically, that would make a 5 game difference. Point being - despite Sam missing three games (Not to mention an uncanny amount of other injuries) , the Jets still finished within three games of Buffalo. These teams aren't nearly as far apart as the narrative that's being pushed.

Sure they are. Bills are better in just about every aspect of the game. I'm not just homering up here either.

This is gonna be a F up season with no pre season and Covid but comparing rosters, we have better talent and better depth at everywhere.

I like Sam Darnold a lot but from I seen from Le'Veon Bell, he lost his burst and I'm not sure you guys did enough on the OL.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

My hope is that they go with Ford at RG and Williams at RT. I have heard from discussions that were some what vague because they did not want to be put in a situation where they were banned from practices but they were talking about how Williams has come in the offense so far in TC and that he has shown flashes of starter material. If Daryl is playing like 2017 then I am totally in on this starting 5 with Winters and Ty as back ups. Long term this can be the answer they are looking for unless Williams goes out and tries to get paid a big contract this offseason. Ty is up there in age and I do not see a long term answer with him. Plus the rightside was the struggle last year so adding new blood like Williams can get it going and not pressure Ford in to having to start at RT.

If Ford hasn’t secured the RT spot then they should permanently move him inside. I know this was a lost off-season but Buffalo can’t afford to go another season with his mental mistakes and slow feet at tackle hindering the O.

I hope you’re right about Williams. If he regained form and is willing to sign a team friendly deal next year the OL will be set. I just found it curious that after seeing those reports, Ty is listed ahead of him on the depth chart. 

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If Ford hasn’t secured the RT spot then they should permanently move him inside. I know this was a lost off-season but Buffalo can’t afford to go another season with his mental mistakes and slow feet at tackle hindering the O.

I hope you’re right about Williams. If he regained form and is willing to sign a team friendly deal next year the OL will be set. I just found it curious that after seeing those reports, Ty is listed ahead of him on the depth chart. 

He isn't listed ahead of him if you saw what Mcdermott stated that the RG is Ford Williams Winters and RT if Ford Nyseke Williams as co-starters. The reason you would think Ty is ahead of him is because on their website it has them in that order however it is strictly in Alphabetical Order with the Last Name so none of these guys are shown who is the starting Rg or RT but they have ford in front because of his last name. Apparently we will not know the starting oline until the moment they step on the field to take that 1st offensive snap

• Like 1