Mid Season Trade Candidates

bigbadbuff23835

Justin Tucker for a first?

Although in all seriousness, the Ravens offense isn't even getting close enough to the end zone for him to try kicking FGs so....

I dread Harbs and Ozzie throwing draft picks away on some futile quest to defy the will of the gods, because whoever they trade for would just get hurt anyway.

5 hours ago, Mancunian Raven said:

Justin Tucker for a first?

Although in all seriousness, the Ravens offense isn't even getting close enough to the end zone for him to try kicking FGs so....

I dread Harbs and Ozzie throwing draft picks away on some futile quest to defy the will of the gods, because whoever they trade for would just get hurt anyway.

God the Ravens suck.. Flacco really destroyed that franchise.. But that SB > 20 years of mediocrity. 

Whats the situation in Philly with Kendricks? How big is that contract? Could see the Pats being interested if the contract was reasonable.

Vernon Davis is another target I wouldn't be surprised the Pats making a move for.

29 minutes ago, NMM11 said:

Whats the situation in Philly with Kendricks? How big is that contract? Could see the Pats being interested if the contract was reasonable.

Vernon Davis is another target I wouldn't be surprised the Pats making a move for.

I'd be very surprised if Washington were looking to move VD. They just signed him to an extension, and he's honestly pretty important given how much Cousins likes throwing to tight ends and the fact that Jordan Reed can't stay on the field. VD has played very well for them in his role since signing there. 

10 hours ago, NMM11 said:

Philly supposedly told Kendricks in the offseason that they did not want to move him. 

The 49ers have put Bowman on the block per Schefty, and teams are interested. There were rumors from Lombardi earlier this year that we were shopping him pre-season. The 49ers denied it, but there obviously may have been something to it. Bowman was put into a rotational role last week and was not happy about it. This week we should get Foster back, so this makes sense. Per Schefty, teams are interested. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers have put Bowman on the block per Schefty, and teams are interested. There were rumors from Lombardi earlier this year that we were shopping him pre-season. The 49ers denied it, but there obviously may have been something to it. Bowman was put into a rotational role last week and was not happy about it. This week we should get Foster back, so this makes sense. Per Schefty, teams are interested. 

Bowman is under contract through the 2022 season (he'll be 34), and the structure makes him a difficult cut until the 2020 season.

Cap hit this season and beyond: $9.6m, $12.0m, $6.4m, $9.7m, $10.9m, $11.2m

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Bowman is under contract through the 2022 season (he'll be 34), and the structure makes him a difficult cut until the 2020 season.

Cap hit this season and beyond: $9.6m, $12.0m, $6.4m, $9.7m, $10.9m, $11.2m

He can be cut pain free after the season if he doesn't perform for anyone trading for him. Just means that there is no value going back to the 49ers whatsoever because they have to treat it like a 10 game rental. Oh, and they have to be willing to pay him his salary this season, which obviously isn't completely cheap. 

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

The same 'nozzles that crap on Kizer are the same guys that crapped on Goff last year.

Guilty as charged. 

Goff clearly wasn't ready for prime time, had the worst head coach in the NFL and aside from Todd Gurley one of the worst offenses surrounding him. 

Kizer clearly isn't ready for prime time, you can make your own judgements about Hue Jackson as a head coach and side from Duke Johnson has one of the worst offense surrounding him.  Here's the difference.  Kevin Hogan came in and showed himself to be a better QB.  That to me is very troubling, even considering Kizer is a rookie.  It's entirely possible the Browns will get the #1 pick again next year and as much as I liked Kizer as a pick, I don't think he should stop the Browns from drafting a QB; any more than I think Davis Webb should stop the Giants or any more than Jimmy Clausen stopped the Carolina Panthers from drafting Cam Newton way back when. 

During the pre-season, I ranked Kizer #23 in my quarterback rankings.  I made a comment then that by the end of the season he was going to be way higher or way lower in those rankings.  We have our answer as to which one it will be. 

Archived