Raiders place Marcus Mariota on IR

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Brutal. At least Mariota can come back after week 3. 

Good to hear. Not that anything about Mariota out of TC is sounding promising...

However, people forget Tannehil was absolute garbage in TC and Pre Season last year, a few Titan fans even wanted to cut him. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m getting less and less comfortable in the Mayock and Gruden regime. 

1000%

This isn’t an overreaction, this is simply the point when you realize the beginning of the end.  The MM signing was bad from day 1.

We absolutely blew this offseason.  The amount of money wasted is obscene.  

When you really look at it what have Mayock and Gruden done that merits praise? Besides drafting Crosby and possibly Amik I don’t see any moves that really are that much better then what they should have been.

with all the cap space and draft capital spent over the last 2 years we really aren’t that much better of a team since Mayock joined us.

Edited by jimkelly02

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

1000%

This isn’t an overreaction, this is simply the point when you realize the beginning of the end.  The MM signing was bad from day 1.

I wonder who made the call on MM since there were cheaper options that were better.  

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

1000%

I'm not saying dump Mayock or Gruden, just want fans to be more aware they deserve some criticism. We let Reggie blindly walk free on all of his mistakes stating "Not enough time" "Good Contracts" "2014 Draft". McKenzie gave tons of warnings early-on that he was not a good GM. Yet, if you criticized Reggie at all from 2012-2017 (before '17 season started) you would basically be bashed to death as a fan.

I'm still fully aboard the Mayock/Gruden train, but they absolutely deserve some criticism and not blind love.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm not saying dump Mayock or Gruden, just want fans to be more aware they deserve some criticism. We let Reggie blindly walk free on all of his mistakes stating "Not enough time" "Good Contracts" "2014 Draft". McKenzie gave tons of warnings early-on that he was not a good GM. Yet, if you criticized Reggie at all from 2012-2017 (before '17 season started) you would basically be bashed to death as a fan.

I'm still fully aboard the Mayock/Gruden train, but they absolutely deserve some criticism and not blind love.

What I said was... when we look back on things in a few years this might be the time period when we realized the Mayock/Gruden duo was a failure.

I love Mayock as a person/man and idiolize Gruden.... but if you look at the team they had and the assets (cap and draft capital) from when Mayock took over they absolutely deserve an F grade so far.

Edited by jimkelly02

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wow what a bust of a signing... where the DC haters who were saying MM was taking his job.... lol they went ghost 👻 

Yeah.... but Mariota is only a small point to this story.  This is really a story about how Mike Mayock miss managed the entire Offseason.

Edited by jimkelly02