Sign in to follow this  
NYRaider

Raiders place Marcus Mariota on IR

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah.... but Mariota is only a small point to this story.  This is really a story about how Mike Mayock miss managed the entire Offseason.

That is an overreaction...  You make it sound like the Raiders are some great organization that players are beating down the door and come play for.  We are still considered a dumpster fire around the NFL and no player wants to sign a fair market valued contract with a team and get their teeth kicked in every week. Unfortunately the Raiders are still one of those franchises until proven otherwise. 

That being said how can you say the entire offseason has been mismanaged?  I have never thought this was a playoff team with Williams, Mariota, Randall and Bowden.  How many losses will not having them equate to?  Possibly 1.  I still say this is at best an 8 and 8 team.

Has BB in NE also mismanaged his entire offseason after giving up a 2nd round pick for Sanu then cutting him this offseason, losing Brady, not resigning Collins or KVN? 

I will wait until the players take the field to pass judgement but I also think it's crazy to expect Mayock to preform a miracle in 2 seasons after a complete roster overhaul.  The Raiders are not good nor did I expect them to be good with all of the above players mentioned. 

it is crazy the amount of hate gruden and mayock are starting to get lol. 
Ty Williams was an absolute stud for us the first5 weeks before he got injured, and, people are acting like he is just a scrub now and that we never should haved signed him. 

Mariota can come back after week 3.. Carr was going to be given the first 5 weeks regardless I think. 

Everyone here was shouting for the Raiders to bring in a capable QB to backup Carr. 

Mayock is barely into year 2 and now he's horrible?

It's fair to criticize, but there's a lot of hyperbole out there (some of it here too), but let's see how this season plays out.

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is an overreaction...  You make it sound like the Raiders are some great organization that players are beating down the door and come play for.  We are still considered a dumpster fire around the NFL and no player wants to sign a fair market valued contract with a team and get their teeth kicked in every week. Unfortunately the Raiders are still one of those franchises until proven otherwise. 

That being said how can you say the entire offseason has been mismanaged?  I have never thought this was a playoff team with Williams, Mariota, Randall and Bowden.  How many losses will not having them equate to?  Possibly 1.  I still say this is at best an 8 and 8 team.

Has BB in NE also mismanaged his entire offseason after giving up a 2nd round pick for Sanu then cutting him this offseason, losing Brady, not resigning Collins or KVN? 

I will wait until the players take the field to pass judgement but I also think it's crazy to expect Mayock to preform a miracle in 2 seasons after a complete roster overhaul.  The Raiders are not good nor did I expect them to be good with all of the above players mentioned. 

I don’t think it’s an overreaction at all.
Again people want to make the excuse of “we suck... no one wants to come here... etc”.  We’re always making excuses for our FO.  We’re so beaten down by past failures we don’t even Hold our FO to the lowest of standards.

We had a ton of draft capital and FA money to spend over the past 2 years and have very little to show for it.  If any other team had that much capital they’d be in a much better place then we are.

I didn’t expect to win the SB this year... not even close.  But I expected to be on a course of progression.

we should have been fighting for a playoff birth this year and a contender by ‘21.  That simply isn’t the progression we are on.

We are the only professional team they is loyal to the death to its FO/coach despite constant losing and bad decisions.

We drafted 2 3rd round players who couldn’t even make our weak roster this year.  That’s why we traded Bowden and IR’d Muse.

We should took some of that extra draft capital and traded it off (trade a 3rd for a 2nd next year type move) for extra picks in ‘21.... like I ranted and raved we should have done.  

I know Mayock was the savior for us.... we all bought in hard.  But around the league people were laughing at the move.  Now it’s starting to make sense why.  I realize it’s tough for some of us to jump off the Mayock band wagon... its admitting we wasted 2 years and a ton of cap and draft capital.... but if you look at what he’s done with all that capital it’s pathetic.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I didn’t expect to win the SB this year... not even close.  But I expected to be on a course of progression.

we should have been fighting for a playoff birth this year and a contender by ‘21.  That simply isn’t the progression we are on.

you are aware the season hasnt started yet right? lol

we were still alive going into week 16 maybe even 17 last year, and, i think weve improved from last season. 

I fully expect to be fighting for a playoff birth this season. 

Why do you so confidently feel that we will regress?

Edited by BackinBlack

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

you are aware the season hasnt started yet right? lol

we were still alive going into week 16 maybe even 17 last year, and, i think weve improved from last season. 

I fully expect to be fighting for a playoff birth this season. 

Why do you so confidently feel that we will regress?

I never said we’re regressing massively.  We’re just not progressing.  And when you have that many draft picks and Cap Space you need to progress.

were prolly a 6-10 maybe 7-9 team. Basically the Same as last year.

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think it’s an overreaction at all.
Again people want to make the excuse of “we suck... no one wants to come here... etc”.  We’re always making excuses for our FO.  We’re so beaten down by past failures we don’t even Hold our FO to the lowest of standards.

We had a ton of draft capital and FA money to spend over the past 2 years and have very little to show for it.  If any other team had that much capital they’d be in a much better place then we are.

We are the only professional team they is loyal to the death to its FO/coach despite constant losing and bad decisions.

We drafted 2 3rd round players who couldn’t even make our weak roster this year.  That’s why we traded Bowden and IR’d Muse.

We should took some of that extra draft capital and traded it off (trade a 3rd for a 2nd next year type move) for extra picks in ‘21.... like I ranted and raved we should have done.  

I know Mayock was the savior for us.... we all bought in hard.  But around the league people were laughing at the move.  Now it’s starting to make sense why.  I realize it’s tough for some of us to jump off the Mayock band wagon... its admitting we wasted 2 years and a ton of cap and draft capital.... but if you look at what he’s done with all that capital it’s pathetic.

Has BB in NE also mismanaged his entire offseason after giving up a 2nd round pick for Sanu then cutting him this offseason, losing Brady, not resigning Collins or KVN and replacing them with no name scrubs?

i am not a fan nor have I ever been a huge Gruden fan but the jury is out on Mayock.  Considering the dumpster fire of a roster he inherited I think this team is progressing along well.  Everyone expects perfection and look at BB in NE this offseason and tell me if his was perfect?  Watch him make the playoffs again. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I never said we’re regressing massively.  We’re just not progressing.  And when you have that many draft picks and Cap Space you need to progress.

were prolly a 6-10 maybe 7-9 team. Basically the Same as last year.

hmm fair enough, I wont argue semantics , but i think 7-9 is considered fighting for playoff spot. (maybe not if your 5-9 and win the last two) 
I fully expect us to be alive until week 16 or 17 though, and I do consider that fighting for playoffs. 

I love how it’s “hyperbole” to say Mayock’s two years have mostly been a failure.

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

hmm fair enough, I wont argue semantics , but i think 7-9 is considered fighting for playoff spot. (maybe not if your 5-9 and win the last two) 
I fully expect us to be alive until week 16 or 17 though, and I do consider that fighting for playoffs. 

Ok but we had 50M and 2 1sts and 3 3rds and are in the same position basically.  That’s a failure.

My point simply put:

If you take all the draft capital and cap space we’ve had over the years (and we spent ever last penny of it ... we have zero cap space left.... literally) .... we’ve wasted a LOT of it.  There’s been more losses then gains by the FO.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I love how it’s “hyperbole” to say Mayock’s two years have mostly been a failure.

Ok but we had 50M and 2 1sts and 3 3rds and are in the same position basically.  That’s a failure.

My point simply put:

If you take all the draft capital and cap space we’ve had over the years (and we spent ever last penny of it ... we have zero cap space left.... literally) .... we’ve wasted a LOT of it.  There’s been more losses then gains by the FO.

fair enough, and i do agree with a lot of what your saying. 

my point: 

24 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

youre talking like the season is over. It is not. in fact it hasnt even started. 

I get youre frustrated with some moves, and I get it. 

But I think, we are still going to be a run first team on O, and healthy jacobs and some other young peices getting more expereicne i think our O will be at least as good as last year.
I think our LBers have improved tremendously and that alone will improve our D a ton. 

no need to give up on season yet. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yes. 

So you can IR an unlimited amount of players and they can come back after 3 weeks? Did I read that right? If so that’s quite the game changer for the year 

We had 75M and 50M in cap space the last 2 years* and 5 1sts, 1 2nd, 4 3rds, etc

that’s enough resources to turn a team around.  Mayock has made 2 mistakes for every good move.  

I don’t see how any of you can justify even a 50% return on those assets.

* (and spent every penny of it.... we’ll likely have to restructure a contract just to get under the cap enough money to handle a few minor transactions throughout the year.)

Again...  I was Mayock’s biggest supporter but when you objectively look how he spent 75M and 50M plus all that draft capital I don’t see much improvement on the team right now versus what we had when he left.

For every good move he’s bombed 2 moves.  He came into the organization in a perfect scenario: tons of money and draft picks.

he’s misspent a ton of money and wasted picks on bad trades and reaches.

if you don’t want me to criticize him explain to me the value added from when he started.... and make it 125M and all those high draft picks.

cuz I see a team that was 4-12 to start then 7-9 and likely the same this year. 

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

So you can IR an unlimited amount of players and they can come back after 3 weeks? Did I read that right? If so that’s quite the game changer for the year 

Yes that is true

31 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Has BB in NE also mismanaged his entire offseason after giving up a 2nd round pick for Sanu then cutting him this offseason, losing Brady, not resigning Collins or KVN and replacing them with no name scrubs?

i am not a fan nor have I ever been a huge Gruden fan but the jury is out on Mayock.  Considering the dumpster fire of a roster he inherited I think this team is progressing along well.  Everyone expects perfection and look at BB in NE this offseason and tell me if his was perfect?  Watch him make the playoffs again. 

NE has run a 15 year long dynasty there’s a reason people can’t question what they do.

again i ask you show improvemebt the 75+50M and all that draft capital got us?