Raiders place Marcus Mariota on IR

NYRaider

43 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

NE has run a 15 year long dynasty there’s a reason people can’t question what they do.

again i ask you show improvemebt the 75+50M and all that draft capital got us?

Just because we have a lot of money to spend doesn't mean players will want to come and play here unless we vastly overpay for their services.  Mayock refuses to do that like O'l AL used to do.  We are still considered a dumpster fire of an organization until proven otherwise and like I said players want to get paid and win.  We can pay players but we can't win.  The Raiders over the last 20 years has been an organization where careers go to die and no respectable player wants anything to do with that. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tell me what I am saying is not true.  It's sad but true....  We are a career graveyard and have been for 20 years.  The league knows it, players know it and agents know it.  It's sad.

Come on Bro.... I get the idea behind what your saying.... but your taking it too far.

thats a valid excuse for not landing premier FAs.... maybe.

but that’s not what we’re talking about.  Mayock has mismanaged 75+50M in cap space..... he’s only gotten 40 cents on the dollar.

we understand outbidding for Trent Brown.  But when your overbidding for guys like Joyner etc that’s crazy.  Your argument holds no merit when it comes to players who aren’t superstars.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tell me what I am saying is not true.  It's sad but true....  We are a career graveyard and have been for 20 years.  The league knows it, players know it and agents know it.  It's sad.

eh. we revived crabtree's career. we brought incognito back. rodney hudson flourished here. got some good production from bruce irvin. turned darren waller into something special.

i dont think the team can be blamed for tyrell williams getting hurt twice. the mariota signing just never made sense from the start. the joyner signing made sense but only if we were going to play him at, you know, his actual position where he had a pro bowl past.

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Wow what a bust of a signing... where the DC haters who were saying MM was taking his job.... lol they went ghost 👻 

I am one of DCs biggest critics on here, and i never for one second thought Mariota was good enough to take DCs job. Nice guy and all, but Mariota is terrible and with all these injuries his career is probably ending soon. It was an absolute joke making him the highest paid backup. Absolute fail of a signing.

Gruyock deserves a ton of heat for this offseason. My trust in them has dwindled tremendously. I dont have much optimism for this season.

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I am one of DCs biggest critics on here, and i never for one second thought Mariota was good enough to take DCs job. Nice guy and all, but Mariota is terrible and with all these injuries his career is probably ending soon. It was an absolute joke making him the highest paid backup. Absolute fail of a signing.

Gruyock deserves a ton of heat for this offseason. My trust in them has dwindled tremendously. I dont have much optimism for this season.

Thank you for keeping it real!  This board is notorious for jumping on anyone who is critical of the team.  I echo your sentiments.... trust and optimism has serious dwindled.  And for good reason.  Saying these things doesn’t make us less of a fan or less loyal.  In fact I think a diehard fan should be critical of failures and demand success.

37 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

eh. we revived crabtree's career. we brought incognito back. rodney hudson flourished here. got some good production from bruce irvin. turned darren waller into something special.

i dont think the team can be blamed for tyrell williams getting hurt twice. the mariota signing just never made sense from the start. the joyner signing made sense but only if we were going to play him at, you know, his actual position where he had a pro bowl past.

LOL I mean some players have played decently but come on man, you can't be serious. I wouldn't say we revived Crabs career either, I would say that he got Kapernicked his last few years in SF which killed his numebrs.  Kap couldn't hit the side of a bar with his passes the last season.  Maybe that would be the reason he was benched for Gabbert after going 1 and 11 LOL 

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Come on Bro.... I get the idea behind what your saying.... but your taking it too far.

thats a valid excuse for not landing premier FAs.... maybe.

but that’s not what we’re talking about.  Mayock has mismanaged 75+50M in cap space..... he’s only gotten 40 cents on the dollar.

we understand outbidding for Trent Brown.  But when your overbidding for guys like Joyner etc that’s crazy.  Your argument holds no merit when it comes to players who aren’t superstars.

Players want to get paid and win.  Superstars, middle of the road players and scrubs.  How does a middle of the road play elevate his career to get paid the big bucks on his next contract?  Go to a winning team and surround themselves with talent, so they are not the focal point of opposing coordinators allowing them to roam free and ball out.  Above average players surrounded by trash usually turn into trash themselves and that is for multiple reasons that is too complicated and time consuming to fully discuss.  

Let's look at Joyner as a quick example.  He was a pro bowler, on a winning team, that had a tremendous pass rush and an O that kept the D off the field.  He comes to the Raiders and all of a sudden you want me to believe he just forgot how to play football at a pro bowl level at 28?  No way....  He's now on a D that has zero pass rush, zero supporting cast and on an O with such bad position players the last few years they can't sustain drives. 

How do you blame that on Mayock?  Should he not take chances?  The team was clearly not ready for certain players, it similar to a team that is shambles, drafting a QB and throwing them into the fire before the support is there for them to succeed.  Their confidence gets destroyed and their careers are over. 

All of you can yap about Joyner but I don't remember any of you yapping about how bad of a signing it was when we signed him. 

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

We had 75M and 50M in cap space the last 2 years* and 5 1sts, 1 2nd, 4 3rds, etc

that’s enough resources to turn a team around.  Mayock has made 2 mistakes for every good move.  

I don’t see how any of you can justify even a 50% return on those assets.

* (and spent every penny of it.... we’ll likely have to restructure a contract just to get under the cap enough money to handle a few minor transactions throughout the year.)

im not justifying the mistakes, just pointing out that your are writing mayock off complaining that he had 5 firsts, when 2 off them havent had a chance yet and one got injured his first game. 

you keep saying he had 2 years with all these resources, but you arent giving him his second year.

I know you can understand what I am saying, but chose to just write this season off, so I will back out of this discussion. 

cheers and go raiders, I still believe there is a chance we can compete this season

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL I mean some players have played decently but come on man, you can't be serious. I wouldn't say we revived Crabs career either, I would say that he got Kapernicked his last few years in SF which killed his numebrs.  Kap couldn't hit the side of a bar with his passes the last season.  Maybe that would be the reason he was benched for Gabbert after going 1 and 11 LOL 

crabtree had a bad injury, came back and had a subpar year. nobody wanted him, so we got him dirt cheap on a prove it deal. he responded with his 2nd best season of his career to date

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Just because we have a lot of money to spend doesn't mean players will want to come and play here unless we vastly overpay for their services.  Mayock refuses to do that like O'l AL used to do.  We are still considered a dumpster fire of an organization until proven otherwise and like I said players want to get paid and win.  We can pay players but we can't win.  The Raiders over the last 20 years has been an organization where careers go to die and no respectable player wants anything to do with that. 

Umm he certainly overpaid Mariota and nassib. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Umm he certainly overpaid Mariota and nassib. 

I never liked Mariota but neither has played a down for us yet. 

How can you make a comment like that without seeing how Nassib fits into our system?  If he ends up with 8 sacks this year will that pose good value and if not what is your basis of value for him? 

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you but saying a player is overpaid before he has taken the field for us is a bit presumptuous.  

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I never liked Mariota but neither has played a down for us yet. 

How can you make a comment like that without seeing how Nassib fits into our system?  If he ends up with 8 sacks this year will that pose good value and if not what is your basis of value for him? 

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you but saying a player is overpaid before he has taken the field for us is a bit presumptuous.  

It's not. We say it's in overpay all the time when players get paid. Why all the sudden we need to see guys play first. Do you think another team was gonna pay nassib that much to be a rotational pass rusher at most. And 8 sacks would be nice if its consistent. He can get 4 sacks in one game vs the worst oline in league than get 4 in the other 15 games and not get consistent pressure. No I wouldn't be happy with that and still call him an overpay. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

It's not. We say it's in overpay all the time when players get paid. Why all the sudden we need to see guys play first. Do you think another team was gonna pay nassib that much to be a rotational pass rusher at most. And 8 sacks would be nice if its consistent. He can get 4 sacks in one game vs the worst oline in league than get 4 in the other 15 games and not get consistent pressure. No I wouldn't be happy with that and still call him an overpay. 

What would his stat line be to pose good value in your opinion or are you saying signing him was bad value no matter what his stat line says?  I do agree that consistency is critical and needs to be factored in but I was wondering what he would need to produce to pose good value this year.