Predict Brady’s 2020 stats

RUGmen

Brady looked OK against the Saints. The Saints have a really good defense...so an opening week 1 game in a new system without a preseason is tough. The Saints confused him at times and there were clear miscommunications with him and his receivers. I have to imagine that they will improve. But he is 43...the bubble is going to eventually burst on this one. I think that the bubble will burst on both he and Brees this season. But both teams are pretty talented, so they could still both very well be strong playoff teams because of the teams around them.

He didn’t look terrible, but he looked kinda average.  He’s not used to a team that makes dumb mistakes every play like the Bucs have been doing since forever.  He’s gonna have to get em rounded up if they are to have a chance.  The talent is clearly there, the intelligence not so much.

12 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He didn’t look terrible, but he looked kinda average.  He’s not used to a team that makes dumb mistakes every play like the Bucs have been doing since forever.  He’s gonna have to get em rounded up if they are to have a chance.  The talent is clearly there, the intelligence not so much.

This.

He's not used to two team mates going for the same ball, or his WR trying to decapitate a CB, or about 1495 false starts. We'll see him p'd off more than a few times...

I think the negativity is being overdone though. He looked great on most of his throws.

Edited by Hunter2_1

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This.

He's not used to two team mates going for the same ball, or his WR trying to decapitate a CB, or about 1495 false starts. We'll see him p'd off more than a few times...

I think the negativity is being overdone though. He looked great on most of his throws.

The game reminds me of some of Peytons games in 2012, when he came out throwing a lot of picks as receivers were clearly not on the same page.  They got it together though and had a good season.  

The Bucs still scare me more than any other team in the division.  If they can get it together, the talent is there.

30 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This.

Disagree that he looked great on most of his throws. Communication was an issue at times but he flat out missed more than once.

Having watched Brady for his entire career, I don't believe he will be much better than he was last season and here's why:

He needs time and tons of reps (usually in the off season) to get in sync with his WR/TE to make the game flow the way he needs it to. 

He will NOT have the OL protection he has enjoyed for most of his time in NE, the Bucs just aren't on the same coaching level. Dante was the best. 

He will not have the complete game plan geared towards him and his skill set like he did with Bill and Josh. 

His D will let him down more often than the Pats ever did which will make it more difficult to overcome deficits.

His temper will get the best of him when the WR/TE aren't on the same page. Look at last season, it wasn't pretty.

Can he still throw the ball? Hell yeah but it has to be caught. He HATES wrong routes and dropped balls. Also, his INTs will be higher. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Belle7 said:

Having watched Brady for his entire career, I don't believe he will be much better than he was last season and here's why:

He needs time and tons of reps (usually in the off season) to get in sync with his WR/TE to make the game flow the way he needs it to. 

He will NOT have the OL protection he has enjoyed for most of his time in NE, the Bucs just aren't on the same coaching level. Dante was the best. 

He will not have the complete game plan geared towards him and his skill set like he did with Bill and Josh. 

His D will let him down more often than the Pats ever did which will make it more difficult to overcome deficits.

His temper will get the best of him when the WR/TE aren't on the same page. Look at last season, it wasn't pretty.

Can he still throw the ball? Hell yeah but it has to be caught. He HATES wrong routes and dropped balls. Also, his INTs will be higher. 

That's all pretty much spot on. 

I would argue the OLs throughout his career get overrated by most. There's been some awful awful lines he's had (mostly when Dante wasn't around), and he tends to masks bad OL with his quick/timing style, but overall this is spot on. 

We will see him more frustrated. He's going to have to play the odds a bit more - in NE, he often enjoyed playing with a lead, so the urgency was down. He plays pretty good mostly when the pressure is on, but if it doesn't come off, he'll boil over. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

If Brady looks terrible in Week 2 (who cares about Week 1, first new team in 20 years and no pre season) then Max Kellermen can finally say Brady is washed up after being wrong the first 37 times... and then claim he was right the entire time. /s

Dude is worse than Stephen A, way worse, and they both really suck. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2