2020: Week 1 - @ Buffalo Bills

Bianconero

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I sure hope this NFL season will not be like MLB which is a joke by using minor league players like baseball. By playing only one game a week that should be a big advantage for the NFL. As long as teams don't have players testing positive for the virus, I think it will be a decent year, but it sure will not be a normal year.

Edited by doumeyer

I expect us to hold their running game mostly in check. But we will see what our secondary can do against a better passing attack for Buffalo.

Buffalo also has one of the better defenses in the league so our new OL and offense will be tested quickly. Not sure what the status on Perriman and Mims is for this one... but without them (or even a limited snaps)... I don't see us having much of a chance. I just can't see us winning with really only Bell, Crowder and Herndon against a good defense.

My prediction is...

Jets: 13

Bills: 24

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to hold their running game mostly in check. But we will see what our secondary can do against a better passing attack for Buffalo.

Buffalo also has one of the better defenses in the league so our new OL and offense will be tested quickly. Not sure what the status on Perriman and Mims is for this one... but without them (or even a limited snaps)... I don't see us having much of a chance. I just can't see us winning with really only Bell, Crowder and Herndon against a good defense.

My prediction is...

Jets: 13

Bills: 24

Still can’t get my head around the fact we will Chris Hogan starting on Sunday. Really should of loaded up in targets for Sam this offseason. 

Edited by xenajets

We should have been 2-0 against them last year. They don’t get beat deep so expect a ton of Crowder and Herndon in the passing game and Bell setting the tone early. Defensively we should be fine, Allen will do work with his legs but I can’t see him beating us with his arm. 

We win in a tough, sloppy game. 17-10

I think the Bills having no fans is a HUGE advantage for the Jets. I think the Jets win just because we have the better QB. Josh Allen is trash and he will show it big time this year. He can't hit the side of a building. The Jets only have to stop the run which they should and pull ahead causing the Bills to throw more which means more INT's. Allen throws 2 ints to open the season and on is a pick 6 from Davis. 

Jets 20

Bills 10

I'm not buying the Bills at all this year. The Jets and Pats are fighting for the AFC east title. 

I’m expecting a nail biter. 17-14 one way or the other.

Im just glad football is back. Can’t wait to see the big ticket, Darnold, Bless Austin, Q, Maye, Herndon, and our WRs. I curious to see what we have and how some of those guys have developed. Not having preseason games has left a lot to the imagination. 

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’m expecting a nail biter. 17-14 one way or the other.

Im just glad football is back. Can’t wait to see the big ticket, Darnold, Bless Austin, Q, Maye, Herndon, and our WRs. I curious to see what we have and how some of those guys have developed. Not having preseason games has left a lot to the imagination. 

Unfortunately, my imagination for the Jets is akin to the movie 2012.  However, I can't wait to see real football again.

I really don't know how this game will go, but I do know that we need to start hot. If Allen gets the lead, then I think our backs will be against the wall as that's when he scores most of his rushing TDs (11 of 17). Whether that happens or not, I expect a 100 yard game from Diggs over the top.

Darnold + Gase need to be A+ in order for us to win - I can see Le'Veon with only ~55 yards on the ground and maybe 65 through the air

Final Prediction: Bills 21 - Jets 13