Jump to content

2020: Week 1 - @ Buffalo Bills


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

While the OL is important, once again we may have ruined a QBs potential by not surrounding him with weapons.  Yes some of this is on Sam, last two years on the line, some on Gase but man we have also failed to surround him with talent to maximize his potential.  Our best weapon is a slot WR, then we have a TE and WR who are going off of small samples sizes.

Sanchez could have been a solid QB and he was his first 3 years...then we aged/lost talent and never spent draft picks on replenishing and he turned into a joke with no cast.  With Sam it looks like the damage may have been done already.

What you say is very true, how many years has it been since we had a real NFL offensive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Malik said:

I don't see why it's a question to be had. Even Sam at his best has shown his 'just' a good QB. I'm struggling to think of any rookie QB in recent memory that wasn't essentially a Day 1 bust that hasn't at least shown the same peak as Sam. I have no idea why people are holding onto him like he's had Nick Folk level peaks and lows.

Looking at guys like Gardiner Minshew and Kyler Murray, despite being in the league for just the one year, I'm inclined to agree with you. Hell, Daniel Jones might be better than Darnold too. You definitely can't notice Darnold's extra year of experience.

 

At least I can take solace in the fact that the vaunted class of 2018 was never going to do much for us. Baker and Sam are pretty much the same. Josh Allen is a marginally better Mark Sanchez (without the playoff clutch factor) who mostly seems to benefit from being on a great team. Rosen is historically bad. And there's no chance we would've known what to do with Lamar Jackson.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I imagine that nearly all of us watched the game. And the final score doesn't show the whole story. We played like a team that should've lost 35-0.

Let me touch on the guys who some people thought would have good games...

Bell: was a non factor.

Crowder: a bunch of garbage stats

Herndon: was a non factor and got some small garbage stats late.

Perriman: a non factor

 

I hate to break it to people... but Mims coming back in a few weeks isn't moving the needle at all the way we looked. And the worst thing is is that SF defense is better than Buffalos. I expect and even worse loss next week. Looking even further down the schedule their might not be a game we are expected to win until we play Miami Week 9 then a bye then Miami again Week 11) and they looked better than us yesterday. 

And Norman one of the best CB in the NFL didn't play yesterday, and their two starting LB went out of the game early. And that check down pass that Crowder ran for 69 yards and a TD, only happen because the backup LB missed a easy tackle at the LOS.< even the announcer said he blow the play. Crowder was the only receiver who looked like he belongs in the NFL. We all know how Sam looked yesterday so there is no reason for me to get into that again. We all waited nine months for yesterday game, and six moths of mock drafts to see that garbage offensive. I was so tick off after the Jets game i only watch half to the Ram, Cowboy game and i switch over to one of those corny Hallmark movies to clam down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No preseason, no time to gel with injuries, and a great defense are all recipes for a performance like we saw yesterday.  Let's calm down and see how the season goes before we start calling for Sam's head after 1 game and an 0-16 season.

Buf is a really solid team and improved with a talent like Diggs.  The Jets just traded their best player.  The teams are moving in different directions.  I think long term the OL will need better OG play but C and OTs looked good which is a good sign, we definitely need more weapons even with MIms but adding a top WR talent will push Perriman to 4th WR which is much better suited for him, and finally our pass rush needs a boost.  The run defense looked stout as always but we need better push in the pocket.  Overall I liked the OL, the CBs were decent especially Austin who looks like a solid #2 CB.

Moving forward I hope Sam can get back on track and I think he will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

And Norman one of the best CB in the NFL didn't play yesterday, and their two starting LB went out of the game early. And that check down pass that Crowder ran for 69 yards and a TD, only happen because the backup LB missed a easy tackle at the LOS.< even the announcer said he blow the play. Crowder was the only receiver who looked like he belongs in the NFL. We all know how Sam looked yesterday so there is no reason for me to get into that again. We all waited nine months for yesterday game, and six moths of mock drafts to see that garbage offensive. I was so tick off after the Jets game i only watch half to the Ram, Cowboy game and i switch over to one of those corny Hallmark movies to clam down.

Norman isn't good anymore and the LB who missed the tackle was their top 10 pick Edmunds.  Many TDs happen that way so no reason to put Sam down for checking to the play on the blitz.  That was one of the few things he did well yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Looking at guys like Gardiner Minshew and Kyler Murray, despite being in the league for just the one year, I'm inclined to agree with you. Hell, Daniel Jones might be better than Darnold too. You definitely can't notice Darnold's extra year of experience.

 

At least I can take solace in the fact that the vaunted class of 2018 was never going to do much for us. Baker and Sam are pretty much the same. Josh Allen is a marginally better Mark Sanchez (without the playoff clutch factor) who mostly seems to benefit from being on a great team. Rosen is historically bad. And there's no chance we would've known what to do with Lamar Jackson.

This is what is most troubling

Gardner Minshew and MITCHELL TRUBISKY did more than Sam Darnold really ever has - yesterday was absolutely mind-opening for this reason alone. I never expected to see Sam that bad and while he doesn't have the best supporting cast, the level of his play was on HIM.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No preseason, no time to gel with injuries, and a great defense are all recipes for a performance like we saw yesterday.  Let's calm down and see how the season goes before we start calling for Sam's head after 1 game and an 0-16 season.

Buf is a really solid team and improved with a talent like Diggs.  The Jets just traded their best player.  The teams are moving in different directions.  I think long term the OL will need better OG play but C and OTs looked good which is a good sign, we definitely need more weapons even with MIms but adding a top WR talent will push Perriman to 4th WR which is much better suited for him, and finally our pass rush needs a boost.  The run defense looked stout as always but we need better push in the pocket.  Overall I liked the OL, the CBs were decent especially Austin who looks like a solid #2 CB.

Moving forward I hope Sam can get back on track and I think he will.

This is the type of dialogue that has gotten us to this position in the first place. Ah, we didn't have time to practice ! We played a great defense ! Give Adam Gase another year!

The Jets practice the same amount as every other team in the league and not one other team looked as amateur and embarrassing as the Jets did

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Bowles first year 

While I'm still in the camp that says that OL is more important than maybe anything else, it is interesting that in our last good offensive year, our two best players might well have been our two WRs - Marshall and Decker. We did still have Brick and Mangold though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This is the type of dialogue that has gotten us to this position in the first place. Ah, we didn't have time to practice ! We played a great defense ! Give Adam Gase another year!

The Jets practice the same amount as every other team in the league and not one other team looked as amateur and embarrassing as the Jets did

Did you see the other games? A lot of teams were downright dreadful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheChad said:

While I'm still in the camp that says that OL is more important than maybe anything else, it is interesting that in our last good offensive year, our two best players might well have been our two WRs - Marshall and Decker. We did still have Brick and Mangold though.

That team was very underrated offensively. You need both OL and weapons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bianconero said:

This is the type of dialogue that has gotten us to this position in the first place. Ah, we didn't have time to practice ! We played a great defense ! Give Adam Gase another year!

The Jets practice the same amount as every other team in the league and not one other team looked as amateur and embarrassing as the Jets did

Not many of them are working with cast off WRs against a great defense though.

If Gase was fired tomorrow I would be happy don't mistake my post for support of Gase.  Didn't love the hire went we made it and don't love it now.  Gase should be fired after this season.  No need to compound the mistake further.  Go get Bieniemy or Daboll.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This is the type of dialogue that has gotten us to this position in the first place. Ah, we didn't have time to practice ! We played a great defense ! Give Adam Gase another year!

The Jets practice the same amount as every other team in the league and not one other team looked as amateur and embarrassing as the Jets did

I mean Brady is the Goat to some and he was terrible too.  Many teams had issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Did you see the other games? A lot of teams were downright dreadful.

In the interest of feeling better, who do we think was worse than us yesterday?

Philly in the second half.

Cleveland other than their running game.

Miami were pretty bad.

Atlanta and Indy couldn't force an incompletion to save their lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...